Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Bhupesh VelaskarYour feedback matters!
How to prevent migraine? Bcoz now I can't tolerate the migraine pain, or else I'll commit suicide, I don't want to live with this migraine, n yesterday I had removed wisdom tooth, coz of this wisdom tooth removal, there is a rapid increase in my head, Firstly only my right side of the head n body was paining, but now both the sides are paining, pls help me, I want to live.
Hey Doctor, I have 1.5 year old pug-dog diagnosed with Pyometra. Fortunately it is open and the infection is draining out I have given her the course of antibiotics (intake tazo injections, meloxicam, norflox-100, etc) but she is not responding to it. She seems finer but the discharge is still continuous. Now I have switched to homoeopathy (septa out) as I am scared of surgery because since her suffering, she had loss of appetite and ate only biscuit bread and some milk and due to this she became weaker and the operation might make things worse. Can you suggest me a possible non-surgery treatment? Regards, Ronica (This is the question posed by my friend Ronica, she is very stressed out. Any slightest assistance will be a great blessing, Doctor. Please help)
I had started smoking just past few months may be 2 months and I usually smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes a day . All I just wanna know . That is there any risk related to health . Because I am feeling little bit pain in the middle of my chest . While exhaling extremely .the pain is felt just in the middle of the chest from where the ribs starts . I have stopped smoking now . But still I am afraid that there is something happening with me . Can anyone please tell me the right way to know . That is there any problem in me . And please suggest me some recovery method in exercises like jogging and workout so that I will confirmed in future that I am far away from risk of any health related problems.
Hi I dont know whether it is depression, my brother want me to quit his house, I have poor salary, the rent I have to pay is half of my salary, I tried to commit suicide, but I couldn' t. I am 41 not married, what to do
Hello doctor I don't have a concentration to do exercise which medicine is use to improve concentration.
I was in a relationship with a girl. After that we broke up. And I went to severe depression. Doctors are describing it as as a Bipolar Affective Disorder .Will marrying a new girl help me in forgetting my previous girlfriend. Nothing else is helping. So Please suggest accordingly.
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.