Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Bhim K KhatriYour feedback matters!
I bowled in cricket game, I am a right hand bowler, after one over bowling my hand's muscle is paining, this is happening from 1 week or more, such pain like that I can not use my mobile in my right hand, I have also wear a hand band, my hand is like insensitive after bowling, after 2 hrs it get it simple stage, but this happens again after bowling please help me.
I am 49 years diabetic , since long time I am having heavy pain in my right shoulder connected with neck movement what I will do now this pain is not tolerable for time being which tablet I should take to whom I should consult ?
Hello! I'm 21, engineering student. I got my left little finger injured while I was playing volleyball yesterday (28-11-2016). There is a little swelling and a lot of pain in the middle joint of the finger. It's hindering my activities. I'm an army aspirant. Please help me out. I should get it set right before I go home for holidays, cause if my dad find out about this, I'm dead.
How can be the distress and tiredness can be get rid of. Severe headache and body pains are due to this or anything else?
I am 23 years old. I am married I feel weakness specially my legs not comfortable in the time. I am doing sitting job. This is not effective my legs. What I do for it.?
I don't take physical stress. But by back bone pains yet. On a little movement it makes crackling sounds. I am not sure of what I am going through?
I had taken I pill abt 2 months back. My period came after about 21 days and it was very very light. Was different from normal period. Then after about 28 days I had normal period. My period usually Comes early. But this time it came on time. Now in this month it has been almost 30 days. But no sign of period yet. I have not indulged in any sexual activity also. White discharge has lessened and now stopped but no period.
For consecutive 3 days I am having fever. Whole Body is paining and the usual cough and cold. Please advise.
I am suffering last two years of joint pain of knee, sometimes it's very pain, sometimes it's low pain-now I see a clod of mash is under my right foot, now what I do?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on your median nerve as it runs through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain (particularly at night). Anything that causes swelling inside the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, including repetitive hand movements, pregnancy and arthritis.
Cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms begin when the pressure inside the tunnel becomes too high. This results in your median nerve becoming compressed as it passes through the small tunnel.
The carpal tunnel pressure increase occurs when either of two things happens:
- The tunnel space decreases, such as when the wrist swells eg after a traumatic injury, partial subluxation of the carpal bones or fracture or tenosynovitis.
- When the contents of the tunnel (median nerve, blood vessels and tendons) enlarge.
- Both of these situations increase the pressure on the nerve, leading to the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) sufferers will usually experience the following symptoms in their hand or fingers:
- hand pain or aching
- pins and needles
- numbness esp at night of with wrist flexing
- weakness or cramping
- perceived swelling
The symptoms are usually worse at night and your grip will weaken as the condition progresses. Eventually you will notice muscle atrophy of the thenar (thumb) muscles and loss of hand function or clumsiness. If this sounds like you, suspect carpal tunnel syndrome.
Physical Therapy Treatment
- Gliding Exercises: Moving your fingers in a specified pattern of exercises may help your tendons and nerves glide more smoothly through your carpal tunnel. While there’s some evidence that gliding exercises can help relieve symptoms when used alone, these exercises appear to work better in combination with other treatments -such as splinting.
- Graston Technique/Manual Therapy: The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that effect normal function. Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release or Active Release Technique are hands-on techniques that release tight tendons and musculature.
- Ultrasound: Deep, pulsed ultrasound directed at the carpal tunnel can reduce pain and numbness, and improve hand strength. Continuous superficial ultrasound doesn’t help.
- Traction: Some people obtain relief from carpal tunnel symptoms by using a hand traction device, called C-Trac. You might try this device, which can be purchased for home use, if other conservative treatment options have failed.
- Splints: Splints (braces) are the most commonly used nonsurgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. Splints that immobilize the wrist in a neutral (unbent) position are most likely to relieve discomfort. An unbent wrist maximizes the size of the carpal tunnel, which reduces pressure on the median nerve, relieving your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.