Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavna LalwaniYour feedback matters!
My son is 4 years 10 month old. He is a late talker, he still does not speaks clearly. He can make 3 to 5 word sentence. Few of his words could be understood by others. He did not had any Developmental delay other than speech. He can write well can recite rhymes but words are not very clear. Pls let me know why is there delay in language and how to go about it? (He is physically very active)
Dear Doctor how to develop positive thinking I am fully negative thinking I am unable to concentrate on job, I am in full depression, fear,fully negative thoughts are coming. One time I commit for suicide but it was failed. Please give a proper solution.
Sir I am in stress and tension so my brain is always in pain and stress. My blood pressure is always in high value. I fill pulse rate In my brain.
I am preparing for the neet examination. Bringing up an stress factor in me. Moreover I am very obese. I feel very lethargic. Sleepy nd drowsy please help with some home remedy.
Whenever I sit down to study, going well for sometime I want to relax and don't have full concentration on studies. How to increase concentration?
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
My age is 26 and I live in hostel. I have started gaining fatty tummy. Please suggest me what to do to get my original shape. I am really depressed with it.
Hi! My height is not increasing from last 2 years I have some weak points that I am Short temper and I cannot concentrate on any thing I cannot meditate my mind and my height is small and my weight is very much My height-4.9 My weight-55 kg Please help me I am very concern for my height.
7 months ago my hernia operation is done .i will feel like tired and feel like mentally disturbed whats the reason.
Hi I'm 27 years old. I'm unable to sleep during the nights and even if I sleep it would be around 2 to 3 hours. I'm not even feeling tired during the day due to lack of sleep. I'm not much stressed nor do I have any problems. When I sleep I feel like my brain is still functioning though it need to rest at that time. I was thinking to take sedatives but I'm worried that I would be addicted to them. Is there any alternative so that I could sleep properly at least for 6 hours in a day. I don't even use much of smartphones or laptops too.
I am 27 years old lady I am working one of the popular school in city. I feel very inferior when I meet my colleagues. All r good looking women and speaking English tip of the tongue. Even though I am having those qualities I feel fear. If somebody gets near to me I feel anxious and moves the place. If I talk to them I become nervous and started frowning. Skip some words etc. And talking very fastly and rush to move the place how to over come this. please help me doctor.
I m highly depressed i dnt want to live i want to die.My life seems to be aimless nobody wants me nobody bother whether i alive or dead.
Hi, I am 22 years old male. Since past 4-5 months I am having a problem to remember things. I used to forget very quickly! Please help me with this.
Helo Dr. S I have Retrograde amnesia (muje bhulne ki bimari hai) My memory drop 75% long theory topics or Short or what ever so what I can do for improvement in my memory.
Hello. We once played a ghost prank before 3 days to scare one of my friends. It worked well, as the prank was made a bit realistic. My friend was the one who played a key role in the prank. But after that the behaviour of him is changed drastically. He acts normal, but all of a sudden he shouts at us very abnormally. And also he is starting to laugh suddenly without any reason for several minutes. But he is not recogonisng that he is acting in such a way. We have no idea whether he is continuing the prank or he is mentally affected or is there something else. How can we move up with this? Help me please.
I was forced to have sex with male even I am male I was unconscious during all this happened when I come to consciousness the man told me that he had given me some female hormones injection. Immediately I consulted the doctor he gave me some injection and medicine. I was fine. But some times I feel that I could be a girl or to wear girls clothes. I got married and my wife is pregnant now But sometimes I like to be a girl. Otherwise I feel that I am man.
I take lemon-honey-pepper powder-haldi-cinnamon -garlic-warm water drink in the morning empty stomach after exercise. I only drink water before exercise. Can I take a banana n do exercise and then drink the above drink. Will it be helpful.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.