Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavna LalwaniYour feedback matters!
I have nearly zero concentration power, I hate noise, I get irritated easily, constant headache (i do not know whether it is there or not because I am suffering it from last 1.5 years, heavy head type thing, do not know what to do whole day (always getting bored, I have public fear (i can not hear them speaking as my mind thinks they are commenting (taunts) on me, less energy, lost interest in life, did exercise and meditation 2 months constantly but no improvement in health, I face panic attack from time to time, I am not able to do anything because of my somewhat dead brain and rest is etc. It started 2 years before when I was in my b-tech hostel, an incident happened in my life because of which my friends started commenting (taunts) on me. I came in depression and it happened such that wherever I moved in college I thought everyone is commenting (taunts) on me .at that I used to consume ganja (weed) too. So it happened that in my life that I started thinking everyone is commenting on me (ganja consumption effects. Whenever a person nearby me use to say anything it took me into my past memories example -" a person saying- pyar krta hu. So I use to go in my history when I was in love. This thing kept on going in my life for many months with regular consumption of ganja and One day I discovered I am suffering from constant headache, heavy head, nearly zero concentration and imagination power, shortness of breath sometimes, depression ,suicide thinking (these all symptoms were at its peak). So my father took me to psychiatrist and I was prescribed with medicine. So I got some relief from these symptoms... So I took my health casually and consumed ganja for 3 days continuously. At the 3rd I got such a heavy panic attack that I was admitted in emergency ward because I was not able to breath. .So now I discovered constant headache, mixed anxiety depression disorder, panic attack disorder, disturbed heartbeat, asthma type of lungs. I went under big depression related to my health. I started having fear of dying. Its been 8-9 months that I am suffering from the above symptoms. And I am having less lungs power, tired brain and rest above mentioned symptoms... I am regularly consulting with psychiatrist from 1.5 years but in today date I am having no improvement in my health... Please help me to get recover from all these things, what should I do? Please tell me..
Dr I am listening my family members voice clearly while going to sleeping although they are away 650 km from me so what problems I am facing also they are saying are you live kya tum mar to nahi gaye this type of problem. So please suggest.
I am on panic disorder tab XET CR 25 since 6 year. Feeling fear during bath wen door closed. uneasiness.my sex is quik discharge due to tablet. Also I am not diabetic but sugar lever always pp 145 n fbs 119 wen checked. Also feeling hunger in evening n like to eat sweet .pls advice.
I was suffering from panic attacks quite frequently, but they vanished off to maximum. My head is feeling quite good now, there is less effect of anxiety now. However I feel frightened in going out for a walk thinking that it may lead to my palpations to raise. I feel quite stinging irrigation exactly at left centre of chest and to its opposite of back side. Kindly tell me should I go for cardiology checkup as I had done same a year ago with every ECG and digital X ray found normal. Last x-ray I did in June and ECG too. Recently I consulted a physician who advised me to take lamplus and estivin medicine as course. My question is should I really be concerned about this stinging issue. moreover I feel quite energy less these days.
Hi I regularly chew tobbaco. I want to quit this habit. But I fear that if I quit suddenly I may get health problem. Please guide me.
I am 23 year old boy. My problem is related to my memory problem. I can can't remember some specific things like name of some one or name of a place. Is it a serious condition please help me. If their is any treatment for this problem. Is it a mental illness or iq problem.
I am facing a problem like depression and I couldn't sleep well I have headache very badly in the Midnight's and very worried about it I have taken some kind of tablets BT still my problems are same so please help me out and give some suggestions for this.
Hola! I have entered +1 medical. I really adore the joy of learning. But the coaching institution gives a lot of pressure. Everytime I have to go to the centre I feel some sort of a guilt, some sort of a pressure that does not let me go. How do I cope up? Is there some fault in me or my plans?
I'm an anxiety and depression sufferer since last 2 years and i'm on antidepressants since then . Antidepressants helps me alot but i'm still stressed out or not same . Whenever I take any benzodiazepines like alprozopam or clonazepam I feel good . But I afraid to take benzos regularly. My question is can benzodiazepines be taken lifelong like antidepressants ?
Hi I have been married for five year's but I am living in a sexless marriage where my wife never shows any interest in making love, I have never seen the desire in her she is so dormant when it comes to sex and this is so frustrating now. Is there a cure for this, can she be treated with some medicines?
A panic attack can start suddenly and may be caused due a variety of reasons. A patient of depression and anxiety usually goes through such attacks. The symptoms of these attacks include sudden and persistent fear, the feeling of losing control, the feeling of having a heart attack, palpitations, sweating, dizzy spells and more. It has been medically proven that most adults go through at least one or more panic attacks in their lifetime.
Here are a few ways in which one can stop a panic attack.
- Recognise the signs: Take note of the symptoms. From a feeling of choking to detachment, losing control, surreal experiences, dizzy spells, nausea, pain in the abdomen and chills, to tremors, and a fear of facing death, there are many symptoms that can put your body in a fight or flight response where things may suddenly seem terrifying, and without any reason at that.
- Breath control: Learn to control your breathing as soon as you begin to experience the symptoms. This will help in distraction even as it soothes and calms you down, thus forcing you to think rationally about the fear and helplessness that you are suddenly experiencing. Sit down with your knees bent and let your shoulders relax.
- Relaxation techniques: Learn and practice a few relaxation techniques during times like these. This may include simple things like rubbing your neck and more focused activities like talking to yourself and meditating.
- Continuation: Remember to hold your breath, let it out, and then carry on with the activity that you had set out to do. If you stop what you were doing, then the message going to your brain is loud and clear and you will panic even further. But if you relax and zone out before letting yourself go about the chore, however robotically, then it will have a positive effect on the messages that are sent to your brain.
- Medication: In the event that you are not able to fully control and relax yourself and your thoughts, then you may want to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe specific medication that will help in relaxing you. Sedatives and antidepressants may also be prescribed for patients who are going through severe episodes of panic with debilitating symptoms.
- Differentiate between stress and panic: Many times, we may feel like we are panicking, yet this may simply be a way of going through stress. It is important to focus on recognising events and reactions as stress or panic.
Not allowing yourself run away from a situation is a sure shot way of dealing with panic as this condition the brain to be more accepting and resilient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.