Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavna GalaYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I usually use computer on a private company since 8 years. A little bit pressure on my eye I fill now. So how can I secure my eyes?
SIR, I HAVE LOT OF PAIN IN MY WRISTS. I FEEL IT IS DUE TO USE OF COMPUTER. ALSO I FEEL MY MUSCLES ARE SLIGHTLY WEAK. I AM USING SOYA AND EGG PROTEIN AND DOING GYM REGULARLY. PLEASE SUGGEST REMEDY OR MEDICINES.
Please prescribe a simple saline solution to hydrate my eyes and give them a soothing feel. Does REFRESH TEARS is good to use?
I have some problem of eye. When I reading a book den the tears are automatic fallen and some time can't see anything.
I am 16 years old boy I am suffering from sight related eye problems since my 3rd class so please give some suggestions to solve it.
My right eye vision is getting too much low please give. Me some important tips to improve my vision please.
Dear sir. Please can you suggest any eyes exercise for improvement of eye sight book of eye exercise.
Hii. I am 18 years old my eyes are so weak. I wear goggles. Please help me. Operation of my eyes are possible or not.
I am 24 year old .My one(left) side eye not clear vision. What can i do for get clear vision without operation ?
Hi I m jaswinder singh Manghera. My father name Satnam singh. He is 44 year old. My papa eyes in kala motia. Pls solution.
I am suffering from nearsightedness. My contact lens is - 3.0. What should I do to decrease the contact lens no.
I have nasal allergy problem from long time. Symptoms, running nose, irritation, water in eyes, itching in eyes. Ear blocked
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.