Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhavna Gala
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavna GalaYour feedback matters!
Want to remove Speck's from eyes so what can I do for this (DONT WANT TO WEAR CONTACT lenses ND SPECKS)
I am a patient of disease retinitis pigmentosa since 20 years. please give me some suggestions for treatment.
When ever I use mobile phone longer and ride my bike so my eyes drop a water very much please give me a solution.
My eyesight is very weak and my no. Is -4.50, kindly suggest me what can I do to increase my eyesight.
Hi, Im a 44 year old male with Central Serous Retinopathy in both eyes. I work in the IT industry with prolonged exposure to computer screens. Of late, I have been experiencing pain in my left eye which is intermittent. Please advise.
I hav kerato conus. My cylindrical number in right eye is 4.n I hav done c3r. N im 21 years old. If my bad luck comes with me as age. N my cylindrical number increases. Then upto at what age. I hav to go for cornea transplant? Ll I able to halts kerato conus upto my age 30 without corneal transplant?
If you thought smoking was causing damage to only your lungs, thing again. Your eyesight, one of your most valuable possessions, is at high risk of damage because of your bad habit.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision.
Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking:
- Macular degeneration: The risk of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing AMD is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of AMD ten years prior to non smokers.
- Cataract: This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
- Diabetic eye diseases: A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
- Optic neuropathy: This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
- Thyroid associated eye diseases: Patients having thyroid issues or Grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
- Dry eye: Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.