Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavna AsherYour feedback matters!
We have a kid of 2 years old and she is in the early stage of Autism and she is undergoing Autism therapy after the consultation with Dr. Now her sleep is very much erratic and she does not sleep in night, is there any medication?
I am 31 years old. Feeling very stress in my regular life. Forgetting the things very frequently. And due to that I am getting angry very suddenly.Please do help
My dad is a diabetic patient but he do drink alcohol. Is it harmful for his health? How can I convince him not to drink. Even he is not taking proper medicines. He is repeating same tables.
Of late, are you experiencing suicidal thoughts as a result of some severe trauma or loss in life? Suicidal thoughts may arise because of several reasons when you lose yourself totally and feel that you are not worthy enough for living in the world anymore. Such thoughts lead many people into actually committing suicide. Hence, you have to deal with suicidal thoughts carefully and prevent anything bad from happening.
Here are 10 useful ways through which you can deal with suicidal thoughts:
- Although you may feel like withdrawing yourself from all activities and socializing, it is important for you to talk to someone every day regarding your thoughts and what you are going through. Spend time with someone you trust. You can also call a crisis helpline and discuss your feelings.
- You have to develop an efficient safety plan. The plan must include the contact number of your doctor, friends and family who would help you during a crisis.
- Try to make a written schedule for yourself and follow it strictly. Keeping and maintaining a scheduled life is important for your mental health and will keep you diverted from suicidal or negative thoughts.
- Spend time in the sun and get into nature for at least one hour every day. This will help you to connect with something full of life and is important for eliminating suicidal tendencies.
- Daily exercise is also very important. You should exercise for 30 minutes every day. The bursts of activity and exertion will have a positive impact on your mind.
- You should devote your time for things which you like to do, but could never continue them in life. This will give you joy and a positive vibe, which is essential for fixing your mind.
- You should not forget about your personal goals. Think about the things you dreamt of doing, the places you planned to visit, and all the things in life you want to accomplish. This will bring back your hope of living in order to fulfill those goals.
- You should promise yourself not to do anything when you think of suicide. You need some distance between thoughts and actions. Promise yourself that you will not do anything stupid and will wait.
- Consuming alcohol and taking drugs can trigger your suicidal thoughts rapidly. Hence, you should not take these substances as an escape from your conflicting thoughts.
- It is also important for you to make your home safe. You should remove all the things, which you may use to hurt yourself such as knives, pills, razors or firearms. You should go to a safe place and avoid being alone when you experience suicidal thoughts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I have migraine last 2 yrs. N taking betacap plus 5 n xet last 3 months. Now I feel tired n body pain every time. What should I do.
I am a 21 year old male. I have a severe hairfall and dandruff problem. I have used many oils and even taken medical help. I have tried some home based natural remedies too. What should I do? Its really depressing.Please tell.
My father is 57 years old. He is diabetic from last 12 years. From last 1 year he is putting insulin 2 times a day. Now problem is that he is not able to sit or walk from last 6 months and is completely on bed. Doctors said he is suffering from parkinson and dementia. I want to know the medicines and when he will able to walk or sit.
Doctor I have depression and over anxiety. I have done many ways to reduce it but I can't. If it can be avoided by hypnotism. Doing hypnotherapy is good for it?
Hello sir/madam my question is that few time my brain is not working and I am so insulted by any other person and I am also depressed and that time.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.