Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavita ParikhYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from ulcers. They are always troubling me, nd come back after 4 to 5 days. How can I remove them permanently?
About a year back I got done full mouth rehabilitation, in two left molar teeth and crown was fixed on remaining teeth. However, in one tooth, there was some infection, and on that crown was fitted later. Since then I have been feeling discomfort I my mouth, as I feel some liquid substance is oozing out from some where, which covers my entire mouth especially teeth, gums and left side of tongue. I checked up with dentist, who cleaned my teeth and for some time there was relief. He also advised me to take A to Z vitamins, which I have been taking. I brush my teeth and tongue in morning and night. This problem aggravates more in the morning. My tongue become numb and I feel alkaline sensation in my mouth. Several visits to dentists failed to cure the problem. My valve replacement took place in 2002 and I take anti Acitrom 1/2 mg. I am 61 years male having diabaties for last 10 years. I am also a smoker. Doctor pl advise me.
I am 19 years old a boy and I am suffering from sensitivity in my tooth. I can't even drink a glass of cold water. What can I do?
I am having breading problem at night from last few days, I have to take deep breath through my mouth after every few minutes and when I get up in the morning my mouth is dry and I have a pain in my throat but after some time it goes away. Please help me.
Dental veneers are also known as porcelain veneers are very thin, artificially made shell like things found in shades of the colour of your teeth. This material is designed to cover up the tooth surface in order to improve its appearance. These materials are changed according to your teeth colour, size and shape.
Dental veneers can solve many problems and especially better the look of your teeth. The removal or insertion of veneers can make your teeth look attractive.
Some problems that dental veneers solve:
- If your teeth are discoloured then veneers can fix it. Teeth stains can be the result of many things like smoking, alcohol, drugs, medicines etc. Veneers replace stained teeth and solve all your problems.
- If your teeth are frayed down then veneers can be the solution.
- If your teeth are broken or chipped then it can solve the problem.
- Sometimes your teeth grow uneven, misaligned, badly shaped; dental veneers solve that problem too.
- Dental veneers specifically work to fill the gaps between your teeth.
Dental veneers have proven to be a beneficial process in solving many of your dental problems. But like every medical method that comes with some advantage and disadvantage, dental veneers too have a few negative points.
The advantages of dental veneers are:
- It provides a presentable tooth appearance.
- The tissues in your gum tolerate porcelain very well.
- The porcelain dental veneer is stain resistant.
- You can select the colour of the veneer to make your teeth whiter.
- You can also change the shape of your teeth.
As dental veneers are a little complicated, there is a set of procedures to have dental veneers and those may include:
- Diagnosis: First, you need to detect the problem area before you have dental veneers.
- Treatment: You need to have an X-ray of your teeth and mouth before getting dental veneers.
- Preparation: Between your diagnosis and treatment while your tooth enamel is a subject of examination you should take proper care of your teeth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
I have mouth ulcer problem. What do I have to do to permanently stop getting infected from mouth ulcer? Please suggest me.
I am suffering from gum bleeding whenever I chew some fruits, also am having problems of bad breadth, please help.
Sir from last 3 months my last teeth is decayed. Due to decay It is broken half. Whenever I intake water n food it pains hardly. It is paining too. So sir please suggest me solution from this tooth pain.
Respected Sir/Ma" am I am facing the problem of frequent mouth ulcers since one year. However I tried all home as well as all I pet him remedies, still could not get through. What should I do to eradicate it from the root?
I have weak gums and I can see lower front teeth through the gums and due to this sensitivity issues also occur. What is the best way to get the gums back in shape? I brush my teeth two times regularly.
Doctor I am having gastric problem in the morning after brush my teeth I drink water 1/2 litre in empty stomach eleventh I am having gastric problem .once in a week I take potato all other days like carrot, cabbage,ladies finger like this is there any remedy from this.
Pregnancy is a transformation phase in itself -it brings with it changes to almost all body systems. The oral tissues and the teeth are also affected significantly. Extra precaution is required to maintain regular oral health and avoid severe decay and/or gum disease. If not avoided, the dental infections can cause severe systemic infections and require strong antibiotics, x-rays, minor surgeries, and root canal therapy which may not be safe during pregnancy.
Higher levels of estrogen during pregnancy in the blood lead to a lot of visible changes in the oral cavity - higher incidence of tooth decay, gingival and periodontal inflammation, and even minor benign tumours in some cases. The notorious morning sickness plays havoc with the person's oral hygiene habits, thereby further complicating the situation.
Prior to pregnancy: A pre-pregnancy dental check-up to look for gum health and decay would go a long way in a healthy pregnancy, from the dental point of view at least. A thorough scaling and screening for cavities done before pregnancy can help avoid dental visits during the term, other than for routine checkup.
Pregnancy: If that pre-pregnancy visit could not happen, then visiting your dentist should be one of the first things to do as soon as you have confirmed your pregnancy. At this stage, no dental treatment can be done. Any elective procedures (cosmetic, etc.) will have to be done only after delivery. If the dentist identifies no cause for worry, that is great news. However, if there are any causes for concern, like a decay, the non-invasive treatment should be done at the earliest. When you are pregnant, note the following from a dental point of view:
- Oninvasive treatments like minor fillings can be done
- Regular scaling and polishing is not a problem
- Let the dentist know about all the medications you are taking
- Visit the dentist every 3 to 4 months for a regular check-up
- Follow good oral hygiene practices including, brushing, rinsing, and flossing
- Switch to a bland toothpaste in case of severe morning sickness
- Watch your diet - the teeth forming in the fetus require nutrition through you, so ensure adequate intake of minerals like calcium and potassium
- Avoid sweets and sticky/chewy foods that can lead to plaque formation
Though dental procedures can be done during the 4th to 6th month, they are best avoided, which can be done with better planning and some minimal care.
After delivery: After the delivery of the baby, please visit your dentist to ensure you have again ensured there is no emergent dental condition requiring attention. Resume your regular dental care after delivery.
With a little planning and extra care, dental health can be managed nicely during pregnancy with minimal to no pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.