Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavin ShailYour feedback matters!
I am 17, years old and feeling pain in my legs due to heavy weights. Give me right ointment for pain relief in my legs.
My knee ligament tore when playing football in teen age. Now I am 44 years old. Took MRI of knee and found three ligament tore. Now I feel some pain after a sleep of resting more time like sitting. I can not apply load suddenly. After a while it adjust to take load. please advice surgery can cure my problems.
What are the Different Kinds of Arthritis and How to Treat Them?
Arthritis is a very common medical condition that affects a lot of adults as they age. It occurs due to inflammation of the joints, which can be caused by a number of factors such as aging, injury or infection. There are over a hundred different kinds of arthritis that cause various sorts of problems to those affected. However, this condition can be broadly classified into two major types, which include the following:
- Osteoarthritis- Also known as degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis is the most common kind of chronic condition to affect the joints. This occurs when the cartilage that surrounds the joint wears away and allows the ends of bones to rub against each other causing immense pain and is often accompanied by inflammation and swelling. The primary cause of osteoarthritis is aging, obesity and occurs mainly due to pressure on the joints.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis- This is the most common type of arthritis that occurs due to joint inflammation. It is an autoimmune condition, which means that it is caused by a dysfunction of the immune system that leads to inflammation of the joints. Chronic inflammation causes joint deformities and even the development of rheumatoid nodules on the skin around the joint. Two-thirds of patients affected by rheumatoid arthritis are women.
Depending on the nature of the condition and the age and medical history of the patient, diagnosis and treatment of arthritis varies. Although there is no permanent cure for arthritis, especially the type caused by aging, a number of remedies exist that provide relief from pain.
Some of the common methods of treatment for arthritis are:
- Medication- Some medicines provide relief from the pain of arthritis if it is not too severe. These include painkillers, anti-inflammatory pills, sprays, and ointments, etc. In case of high-intensity pain, codeine is often prescribed.
- Stem Cell Therapy or PRP Therapy- This method involves drawing platelets from the patient's own blood and injecting it into the inflamed parts of the joint in order to repair damaged muscles and alleviate pain. This treatment stimulates natural healing process of body and is free from side effects.
- Injections- A number of anti-inflammatory substances and lubricants can be injected into the affected joints to decrease pain. Ozone gas injections or hyaluronic acid injections are an example of this.
- Intramuscular Stimulation- Targeted treatment of tender points in muscle help to relieve muscle spasm associated with arthritis and also improves joint mobility and decreases pain.
- Surgery- In extreme cases, surgical procedures are resorted to for treating arthritis. However, successful surgery cannot always be guaranteed and it comes with its own set of risks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.
Sir, my father aged 48 has pains in legs with swelling from above the ankles till fingers we couldn't understand is it a nerves or skin problem. Kindly help me in this regard.
I, H.S.Nanda age 73 yrs, male, affected with spine compression "On sagittal images the curvature of cervical spine is straightened suggestive of muscle spasm & Area Scanned Lumber Spine - Normal curvature of lumbar spine is straightened suggestive of muscle spasm. Schmorl node herniation is seen into endplates apposing L 2-3 & L 4-5 discs? Can I have the best treatment e.g. surgery / endoscopy / medicines, presently medicine taken Tab. Dizla 3, Rejunix OD & Nurea, prescribed by Dr. Deepinder Singh of Apollo Hospital Ldh.
I am a 20 years old boy I always get pain in my head and knesss while running am I suffering from. Any disease I also gt severe pain in my shoulders also. Plseew suggest me for this problem.
I am 62 year old man since last 4 months I started getting pain just below my left feet just 2 inches behind my thumb diagnosed by doctor, says uric acid is the cause for all complications now regularly taking medicine. Doctor adviced not to take. Highly proteinous food & not to take whiskey. If I walk more then slight pain start. I take hot water compression then rub with iodex then crept bandage. Please advice.
Hi I have diffuse disc bulge protruding l4, l5, s1 which according to doctor is minor not significant. But I have pain in my complete foot sole becomes red when stand for 3minutes I a. Foot started 2 months back previously I had radiating pain in my butt, shin. Now problem foot pain. Will it become pain free after few months or its been 6 months should I wait or opt for operation.
Frequently suffering from cervical pain, as it starts in sleep and remains for 10 days, horrible pain that kills me in doing any work.
My age is 26 I am suffering from cervical lordosis. Elongation of transverse process in C7. Please suggest medication and who is better a ortho or ortho surgeon or neurologist or neural surgeon.
I have got pains in my knee from long time. I had a running event last week. But the pain is not relieving. What should I do?
100fever 3 days before, after thAt having swelling in legs and skin rashes dullness no fever this time dengue and malaria test r neg- e but platelet r 90,000 wh at it wll be.
Concentrated pain in the neck can be especially tormenting. Before you look for a cure for this pain and start treating it, it is important that you try and find out the underlying cause behind it as well. Contacting a physiotherapist in time will allow you not only to avoid any and every side effect posed by neck pain, but also assist you to get good riddance from it.
Causes of Neck Pain:
There can be multiple causes of neck pain. The treatment of the same depends wholly on the factor that is causing the pain. Some of these causes of neck pain include
- Misaligned hips,
- Misaligned Spine,
- Misaligned shoulders,
- A constantly forward-tilted head,
- Lack of movement of the head from one specific position,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the upper back,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the neck region, etc.
- It is all these factors and a few more that end up resulting in stiffening of muscles in and around the neck and causing you intermediate to unbearable pain.
Exercises for neck pain:
Neck exercises are a predominant part of the treatment extended by every physiotherapist, to cure neck pain. Some of the most vital and effective exercises for neck pain are listed below.
- Frog: Funny as it way sounds, the frog is one of the best exercises when it comes to treating neck pain. All you have to do is lie down on the floor with your knees apart, your feet joined, your hands laid upward on the floor at a 45-degree angle to your body and just stay there in that position for two minutes. This will force your back to arch naturally, slowly giving some relief to your neck.
- Sitting floor: Try sitting floor for neck pain. All you have to do is sit straight with your back rested on a wall, with your legs laid straight forward. Bring together your shoulder blades and bend to help them meet your knees while curling the toes outward to optimal. Stay in this position for a good 3 minutes, without bending the legs.
- Static wall: Lie down on the floor with your bottom against a wall and your legs up it. You can always scoot back a bit if there is the slightest of discomfort. The aim here is to help the tail bone lie comfortably on the floor. Tighten your thigh muscles but curling your toes outward and pointing your feet straight out from its previous position. Maintain this position for 3 minutes for maximum effect.
- Static back: The static back is the most common and most helpful exercise for neck pain. All you got to do is lie down on the floor, while placing your legs on an elevated surface, such as an ottoman or a chair at a 45-degree angle to your body. Now put your arms at an angle of 45 degrees to your body as well, only sideways on your shoulder. Follow this position by lifting your palms and staying in that position for five to ten minutes.
All these exercises are aimed to positively influence one muscle or the other in and around the neck region and to help you get rid of that pain. Consult a physiotherapist first, and he/she will advise you on the best neck pain exercises.