Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavin ShahYour feedback matters!
When I speak to people. They cannot hear my voice properly. They said me that you have bad sound. But in the past I was able to speak clearly but now what has happened with me. I have cough also. What should I do now?
I was good in my academics but not able to do better in making money. Sometimes I felt like a looser and helpless. I am feeling very depressed and do not want to hear my husband's curses. His annoyance make me cry sometime. All the time, I am going through a mental trauma that I am good for nothing. Please help me out.
My grandmother is unable to hear anything and you can say deaf since a long time. How to treat her to recover from deafness. Please tell me.
When I read something like newspaper, books and listen that has been taught in class, I can not retrieve thirty percent of that I read or listen in the class. At the time of travelling in the bus and train. I see many thing around but I can not recall them after the time.
Doctor, I am unable to hear low frequencies from past 6 months and I consulted doctor conducted audiogram test and said initially it is moderate conductive hearing loss and then type 1 tympanogram with reflexes absent indicating middle ear pathology and he said problem is temporary and vitamin tablets to ears he prescribed me but problem not yet done still I am facing same issue .please suggest me the required treatment and health care treatment in this case And suggest me some remedies related to change my health habits so that I can. Suggest me some remedy doctor.
Doc, follow up question, im using now hearing aid and I can hear everything around me but still the words are not clear but when I pull out my hearing aids, I can understand them and identified them but in and louder voice. What do you think happen to my ears? Thanks.
There are many mind power music and binaural beats available in the internet to increase the concentration, Sleep and to reduce the anxiety. Hearing to this type of music, will it create mental & nervous problems in long turn? Does it really works for intended?
My wife faces too much stress. She is telling she is hearing a sound some one speaking about her. She always telling that my neighbor house people is talking like that. She feels insecure feeling. We already went to psychologist and he given some tables to reduce stress after initial counseling. Doctor told me that some liquid in brain produced more. Nearly 4 weeks medicine she took, first two weeks she was in her sisters house, she feels better there, before one week we came to our house. Here also for first 5 - 6 days she was quit. But for last 2-3 days, she is telling the same. What I do now sir. I Know that no such sound is hearing by me. I want to bring out my wife from this situation. Please help me.
I have been diagnosed with moderate conductive hearing loss. The doctor has advised that I need a procedure - to be exact, stapedectomy. My hearing loss started after my pregnancy and I understand that it may be due to my genetics as well. My question is, how safe is this procedure and will my normal life change afterwards? I am a health freak and I love gymming, aerobics and constantly move around. Will my life change?
What could be causing pain in left side of head and ringing left ear? Please tell me answer. I am waiting for your answer.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
dear sir/madam i am suresh from mumbai request for your need that my only sister is unable to hear due to nerves problem. She was normal at the time of birth but due to an accident she got fractured her left leg and hospitalized her about 1 month and took too much medicine for recovery her,date time she was only 5 years old.she was heard up to 13 years of her age and slowly slowly she is getting hearing problem. i consulted with the ENT doctors and they only said that she has nerves problem due to the medicines she was taken at the time of fractured and take audiography test and put hearing aid but she is only 21 years old now and study.so please tell me what to do and whom i need to consult about this.
Sir ; good morning here I want to ask a question that my daughter is 98% deaf and dum so I want to know whether we have. Treatment for that so that she can hear and talk.
I am having trouble in hearing. I am only 45 can I have hearing problem in this age. I am not that old. Can this be because I have to communicate on headphones due to my work.
Running nose with clear mucus from 2 month.Shown many ent specialist but no effect and also have hearing prob and facial pain and headache.please help
Take care of your body. Be conscious about what you eat and drink. Learn to listen to your body. Make sure you consume foods that will help your physical, mental and emotional being. You can seek professional guidance. Also, the internet offers a myriad of trusted information. Pray and exercise as well.
Develop meaningful relationships. It is extremely beneficial for you to cultivate three key relationships, one with a person who is older and wiser than you - someone you can trust and enjoy listening to and learning from, then build a friendship with a person of your own age that you can relate to, and also find a mentor that is younger than you to get new perspectives. Having these three types of relationships will provide you with a healthy support system.
Have an attitude of gratitude. Being grateful can have a positive impact in your life and in the life of those around you. There are three areas that benefit you from being grateful: your attitude, health and relationships. Gratitude can help you overcome challenges and suffering. The positive thinking produced by your gratitude has proven health benefits like reducing stress levels, strengthening your immune system, combating depression and it also helps you cope better with adversities in life. Additionally, as humans, we are naturally social and interacting and communicating with others is vital; when you show your genuine gratitude to people you care about, you will create a stronger bond and will thrive together.