Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavin DesaiYour feedback matters!
Is frequent urination is serious problem? I have this problem of frequent urination from 5- 6 months. My sugar level is normal, I don't drink much water, So what is the reason behind this? Please give me suggestions.
Hi Dr. I'm suffering from UTI and Dr. are giving me anti biotic but I wnt know what else should I do with that tell me sum good diet for my kidney thank you.
I had kidney stone. I done cystoscopy. Now can I drink fresh juices like apple, orange? What are the fruit juices can I drink sir?
Dear doctor. I am diabetic age 60+, stenting in 2001. Suffering from frequent uti since 2 years. Details as below uro flow on 12-4-2013 14.2/10/502 voiding time 50 sec uro flow on 26-6-2015 5.5/3.4/322 voiding time 96 sec prostate 21cc is constant sice 3 years. E coli is +ve. In feb 15 one testicles swelled, at that time also e coli was positive. Present psa 1.26, creatine 1.13, hba1c 6.38, fasting /pp 106/178. Usg both kidney normal, urinary bladder ie well distanced, wall thickening noted. Multiple internal echoes pre void vol 386/post 15cc. Urine pus cell 6-8 hpf, epithelial cell 3-5. Previous x ray genito urinary asu dtd 12-4.2013 remarks spastic prostatic and membranous urethra. Noticed ring like strictures in penice urethra. Present Dr. Has advised rgu (retrograde urethrogram and cyshscopy +o/v. I donot have temperator. Present problem. Feeling pressure during urination, dribblng, weak stream, unable to hold, smell in urine, require one or two urination at night. Kindly advice why there is obstruction in urine path. What is possibility of line of treatment left for me. Regards
I have kidney stone problem so I can eat calcium tablet or capsule. It is harmful for me or not please tell me.
I have left kidney stone. And from. Last few days I felt that my lefr abdomen is little swollen. Is it sue to stone. Sometimes I feel bearable pain.
Urine leakage result of scan shows about 10 to 15 ml of urine is left in the bladder after urination please safest possible way to rectify thanking you.
I am 68 years and kidney patient and on dialysis once in a week. Water restriction 1 ltr /day. Please suggest me the diet.
In june 2016 I had detection of kidney stone.In January 2017 a stone of 13.5 mm was removed by operation (laparoscopy). Blood test shows Presence of Calcium in my body is below than required range. Doctor said that my body is capable of producing stones so In Future my body will definitely produce stones. I need advice what should be precautions to prevent production of kidney stones? Is there any way so that my body will never produce any kidney stone?
Kidney stone formation is the most common kidney disease, and people who have had it, would immediately be reminded of the severe pain (loin to groin) in the back.
How stones are formed?
- The kidney functions as the body’s filters in removing wastes from the body through urine.
- Most of the waste is in the form of salts and when there is excessive salts and reduced amount of water, there could be formation of crystals or stones in the kidneys.
- Reduced amount of urination
- Blood in the urine due to damage of the urinary tract structures
- Painful urination with burning sensation
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Fever and chills
Benefits of homeopathic remedies
Kidney stones are highly likely to be recurrent. A number of factors contribute to their formation. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole body and not just dissolving the stones. It offers various remedies, which ensure the stones are completely dissolved and also prevent recurrence.
- Berberis Vulgaris is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Very useful in left-sided stones where patient experiences pain radiating to the ureter, bladder, and urethra and down to the thighs.
- Burning sensation with urination
- Slightly red or green urine with mucus (increased consistency of urine)
- Increase in pain with any kind of physical movement
- Soreness in the lumbar region of the kidneys
- Cantharis is suitable for the following conditions:
- Paroxysms of renal colic with cutting and stabbing pains
- Severe pain before and after urination in the urethral area
- Constant urge to urinate, but very little flow
- No relief even after sitting and straining
- Bloody urine (slightly pinkish tinge), if there is damage to internal structures
- Sharp tearing pain when this damage happens
- Thirst and aversion to all fluids
- Lycopodium is one of the most reliable homeopathic medicines for right-sided kidney stones.
- Works better for right-sided stones, where it dissolves them completely
- Severe backache experienced by the affected person prior to passing urine, which reduces after urination
- Great urge to urinate, even at night
- Presence of sediments (red or yellow) in the urine
- Abdominal bloating with distention along with right-sided kidney pain
- Hydrangea, also referred to as the stone breaker, reduces chances of recurrence of kidney stones in the following conditions:
- Right-sided pain
- Blood-tinged urine
- Increased frequency of urination
- Lots of white sediments in the urine
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.