Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Bhaveshwar FuriaYour feedback matters!
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoqms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.
I would like to use contact lenses daily. I have a power of nearly -5D. Is there anything to know about it ?
I am 21 years old. I am working at gym for last 6 months. The problem is that the veins in my forearm is visible to human eyes. It is very bad to see this. Is this because of any hormones or nutritions? Is there any remedy for this?
I use specs for last five years. My question is that when I sleep every night tears or water come out from my eyes. Is it normal or due to pressure on eyes by screens. Should I consult a doctor. How to improve eye sight.
It is true that the foods you eat cannot get back your eyesight. It is also true that the foods that you eat can never increase your vision powers. Then you might ask why go through all the trouble of writing articles which state the foods that are beneficial for vision.
A well-made point! But the real truth is while the foods cannot affect the performance of your vision; there are many foods that are needed to maintain a healthy vision. These foods are beneficial and are necessary to preserve the line of sight and are also valuable in sustaining them further damage. Let us give them a thought in detail
Vitamins A, C, and E form the main components when it comes to vision. Always choose a food that has ample doses of these substances and makes it a regular habit. Some of the foods that are high in them are:
- Bell Peppers: Not many people know that the brightly coloured bell peppers are a nutritional powerhouse that could help reduce the risk of poor vision. They have ample quantities of Vitamin A and C and in addition to that bell peppers are fat-free, low-calorie, and contain fiber. Give them a shot and see the benefits in the long run.
- Carrots: There cannot be an article written about eye sight without the mention of carrots. They have rich traces of Vitamin A and they help to reduce the impact of both cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Try having them in its raw format rather than a cooked format to get hold of all the vitamins.
- Greens (Spinach, Kale, Leafy Vegetables): There is an age-old saying that the colour green is good for the eyes. This holds true even in the case of green vegetables. Green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich sources of vitamin C and are loaded with antioxidants. They also protect your eyes from UV rays and the direct damage to your eyes from the sun’s rays. Use it as per your imagination and you can have them in salads, soups or as a dip.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are also packed with antioxidants and they are beneficial for the overall health and wellness of your eyes health and wellness. They are also high in the soluble fiber, which can help lower cholesterol. You can simply wash them and pop those in your mouth or you can add it as a delicacy to your cereal and porridge.
- Sweet Potatoes: Just like carrots, sweet potatoes too have high carotene levels and they are effective in reducing the stress of your eyes. They also soothe your eyes to a great extent and can be beneficial in maintaining the robustness of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.