Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BhattYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from teeth pain and I am pregnant from two months what medicine can I take. Please advise me what to do?
25 years old female having pcod. I hv taken tab Duphaston. Lmp is 3rdjuly I start tab letrol2. 5 mg bd for 3rd to 7 day. I hav check preg test on 17th july it was negative. please suggest what I hv to do to conceive?
Healthy navratri fasting
With the onset of chaitra navratras, it’s again the time to fast.
Instead of fasting, most of us end up feasting on high-calorie food.
Follow this tips to fast in a healthy manner:-
- Eat small meals at regular intervals like fruits, nuts, dry fruits, coconut, makhanna.
- Use spices like cumin, black jeera, turmeric, choti elachi, saboot kali mirchi, khuskhus and water melon seeds. Fresh coriander, mint, green chillies and ginger wil help in keeping stomach well.
- Milk products like milk, yoghurt and paneer will give necessary proteins.
- Flours used are — singhare ka atta, kottu ka atta, rajgiri ka atta, saboodana, arrowroot and samak will provide energy.
- Vegetables like – potatoes, raw papaya, sweet potato, bhopla, arbi, raw banana will benefit.
- Hydrate well with lots of water, coconut water, lemon water, herbal tea.
Most important thing to follow during navratri is the purity of heart and thoughts. Think good! do good! speak good! be calm and peaceful!
Hello dctr, today I checked with prega news and I found I m pregnant because the result is positive, we both are in depression she is 17 days pregnant we are confused because everyone gives different solution. Her last date was on 7th jan we had sex on 22 jan then 5th feb both times we use unwanted 72. Her next date should be on 7th feb but she missed that please help us what to do in this situation someone suggest mt pill is best in this situation. But I read about this mt pill it is painable and lot of bleeding happen. Problem is that she have to go home we are from the region we can not tell our parents about this tell me that is she can work normally after taking mt pill or not pregnancy is of only 17 days.
I am 26yrs old & I have irregular menses problem from last 8yrs & more bloody menses occur during MC with more abdomen pain. I married from last 6yrs still I am not being pregnant. So pls give me advise what I want to do to be a pregnant & what the real problem behind this.
Hi, sir. My self Jyothi, I have PCOS and size is 12 mm. Is it necessary for consulting a doctor? I was doing daily exercise.
Doctor can I take zincovit vitamin tablet. 1 tablet per day for long period I am doing right or wrong.
Reasons You Must Consider Gynecologic Laparoscopy
An alternative form of surgery, gynecologic laparoscopy uses an instrument known as laparoscope to view the inside of your pelvic area. In comparison to conventional open surgery, wherein large incisions are made, this surgical procedure involves smaller cuts or incisions being made, leading to smaller scars and quicker recovery. This technology also enables a medical professional to easily see as well as identify health issues.
Why is the procedure performed?
Depending on individual cases, laparoscopy can be opted for treatment, diagnosis or both. It can be used for the following scenarios like:
- Diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis (a condition wherein the tissue that lines your uterus develops outside it)
- Removal of scar tissue and ovarian cyst
- To take care of ectopic pregnancy in which an embryo places itself outside the uterus
- Used to perform female sterilization (a surgical procedure on the fallopian tubes to put a stop to future pregnancy)
- Used to perform oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries through surgery) or hysterectomy (removal of the uterus through surgery)
- To investigate cancer-related instances like lymph nodes
In addition to these reasons, laparoscopy may also be recommended in cases such as pain in the abdomen or difficulty in getting pregnant. At the same time, certain gynecologic conditions may require open surgery. It's best to consult an expert before taking any decision.
What happens after the reason is identified?
Once the reason is identified, a biopsy of your tissue may be taken during the procedure. This is done to identify the kinds of cell and whether they are cancerous or non-cancerous. Many a time, biopsies are also performed to identify certain conditions like endometriosis.
A Pap Smear is a screening test done to to test for occurrence of uterine cancer. Carried out in a quick and simple way to extract a sample, the sample is collected from the cervix area of a woman during a pelvic exam. The examination of the sample takes place under a microscope thereafter to find abnormalities that can point towards cancer and pre cancer changes.
There are many reasons why women should get a pap smear screening done:
- Women who are HIV positive should get this test done regularly so as to detect any anomalies in the cervix. This condition usually comes with higher risk of infections and cancer, which is why regular screening is required.
- Age is also another factor and women over the age of 30 should go through an annual screening on a compulsory basis. This is also true for women who have been through pregnancy and childbirth.
Preparing for a Pap Smear: To prepare for a pap smear test, you need to ensure that you are not menstruating at the time. Also, you may want to avoid sexual activity just before the test so as to get the most accurate readings. During the process, remember to stay calm and relax your body physically.
Procedure: The pap smear procedure is a quick one that might be only slightly uncomfortable. This test is usually carried out on the examination table at the gynecologist's clinic. The legs will need to be spread and placed in stirrups. The doctor will insert a speculum to hold open the vaginal opening so that the spatula can be inserted easily to take a sample from the area. This sample of the cells will be tested in a lab after due preservation.
Test Results: The test results can either be normal or abnormal. An abnormal result does not point at the presence of cancer. Rather it can simply mean that abnormal cells exist in the cervix. The doctor may ask you to go through these tests and screening more frequently so as to study the anomalies in a more detailed manner.
During menopause, estrogen production slows and then stops. There are a number of changes, which occur in your body during this time. Periods become irregular and then stop. You may have hot flashes, mood swings, a deeper voice and an increase in facial hair. Vaginal dryness is another common symptom of menopause. It becomes even more common after menopause. Vaginal dryness also can occur at any age from a number of different causes. It may seem like just a minor irritation; however, it can be a major problem when it comes to your sex life. Here is everything you need to know about vaginal dryness:
What causes vaginal dryness in women
Even though menopause is the most common cause of vaginal dryness, it can happen at any age and there are various causes of vaginal dryness as well. Here they are;
- Childbirth and Breastfeeding: Childbirth as well as breastfeeding result in lower levels of estrogen and this can lead to vaginal dryness.
- Sjogrens Syndrome: This is an autoimmune disorder in which your immune system attacks the moisture producing cells in your body.
- Douching: Douching is a common practice done by women wherein, they wash their vagina using water and vinegar, knowing little that it can actually cause dryness.
As mentioned earlier, vaginal dryness is caused by a lack of estrogen. Here are some of the ways that estrogen is supplied to your body;
- Vaginal Estrogen Ring: This is a ring inserted into your vagina, which releases a steady stream of estrogen into your vaginal tissues. It needs a replacement, generally after three months.
- Vaginal Estrogen Tablet: A special device called an applicator is used to insert an estrogen tablet into your vagina.
- Vaginal Estrogen Cream: This also needs to be inserted through an applicator. It will be applied daily for the first two weeks after which, it will be applied one to three times a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.