Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BhartiYour feedback matters!
Desai Bhuma I have been diagnosed for left ovarian hemorrhagic cyst which is 6.3*3.7*2.3 cm in size. I am on hormone therapy only from one day. Can I stop pills and go for laparoscopy or I should complete 21 day course? I am going to abroad for studies after 10 days and will come after a year. What should I do?
I had an ectopic pregnancy and I've been taken methotrexate injection on 20/9/16. I am having body pain since two days. My question is how long will this pain continue and when can I expect bleeding.
Hi, I am three and half months breast feeding mom. Will it effect my baby if I smoke just two drag of hookah? Why and how?
Hello, I had unprotected sex with my bf on 9th Nov, took ipill within 12 hrs, I have irregular periods, got my periods on 19th, it was heavy, lasted for 3 days, now I feel dizzy, tired, a bit of vomiting sensation, nowadays I crave for food, what should I do? Am I pregnant? Please reply I am scared.
I am 26 years old female. I got c-section delivery before 8 months I gave breast feeding to my male baby. I got malaria fever I stopped feeding for one month I do not have milk now again I want milk supply what can I do pls.
Jst diagnosed PCOD, doctor gave me hormonal n other medicine but no medicine for periods to cum, have missed my ds months period already, Next month m getting married, can I get my periods.
I am 21 years old I have problem in my periods I get periods on 18 April then it delayed on next month and periods come on 23 may and on 23 may I have sex without precaution on the 1st day of mensuration and now its 28 june but periods are not coming please help me out as soon as possible.
I feed my baby for 1 hour n she plays half an hour n then cry because of hungry I have less milk n she refuses formula milk so what should I do improving milk I used to take all types of foods for improving milk but no use.
what is the best remedy to get rid of menopause related issues, like hot and cold flashes, uneasiness, fast heart beats, giddiness, lack of sleep, dry Vergine and painful intercourse /
Infections are caused by viruses, bacteria, mold and other organisms and lead to conditions like flu, chicken pox, pneumonia, sore throat, rashes, malaria and other ills. An infection occurs when these germs attack the body, causing it to respond with antibodies and white blood cells to defend itself. Preventing infectious disease involves eating a healthy diet, getting proper exercise to keep the body strong, and keeping clean by washing hands regularly.
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must see a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home Remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.