Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bharti Bawdane
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bharti BawdaneYour feedback matters!
This is a disease where the kidneys stop filtering waste from the blood and it can happen without any warning. Acute kidney disease is common and can be treated by doctors. This condition starts off slow and may worsen over a few days. Treating it is essential as it may even be fatal, if left untreated. It is most common in those above the age of 40. There may be many underlying reasons for this condition, such as severe dehydration, urinary tract obstruction, autoimmune diseases and toxic kidney injury from drugs or poisons are the main reasons behind it.
Treatment for acute kidney failure
The treatment for this condition is determined by the cause of the condition. The main aim of the treatment is to keep the waste from the body from building up and restore the kidney function to normal.
Diet: This is crucial for recovering from this condition. There must be a high intake of liquid as it will aid in the elimination of the toxins from the body. The diet should be low in salt, protein, carbohydrates, and potassium. There needs to be sufficient nutrition for all the organs to function properly and for the kidney to recover.
Medications: There are antibiotics that can help treat or prevent this condition. Diuretics can help eliminate the excess fluid in the kidney. Insulin and calcium together prevent the potassium levels in the blood from rising.
Dialysis: For this condition, dialysis is used temporarily till the kidneys recover. This is a technique where the blood is filtered out of the body and went back in. This is a life-saving technique that is needed when the potassium levels rise. This procedure comes in handy when the urination completely stops. This is the best way to keep the patient unaffected till the kidneys start functioning once again.
How can it be prevented?
- This condition can be avoided completely by ensuring you have healthy food and physical activity. Having 4-6 liters of water a day can keep you on the safer side.
- You need to pay attention to the medicines you are taking. In several cases, a heavy dose of over-the-counter medications can lead to this condition.
- If your urination seems abnormal or if you experience any pain while urinating, seek medical help immediately. By doing this, you can prevent the condition from aggravating in its early stages.
If left untreated for long period, this condition can be life-threatening. Seeking proper medical attention from a specialist can help deal with the situation in the best possible manner.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
10 things to keep in mind when you have acid reflux problem:
1. Limit your intake of acidic foods: This would include tomatoes, vinegar, oranges, grapefruit, etc.
2. Say no to spicy food: Lower the amount of your consumption of spicy foods. These tend to give heartburns.
3. Don’t head to bed post meal: After you have had your meal, avoid lying down. Digestion is quicker and better when you are sitting upright
4. Avoid greasy food: Non-fatty food and lean meat are good to go.
5. Have lesser sour foods: Cut down your excessive consumption of mustard, mint, citrus, vinegar, chocolates, pepper, and tomatoes.
6. Avoid carbonated drinks and alcohol: They tend to trigger reflux.
7. Avoid smoking.
8. Avoid tight clothing: Don't wear snug or tight clothes, go to bed wearing comfortable clothes.
9. Stick to gluten-free diet: A protein that is found in barley, rye, wheat etc might also trigger the symptoms of GERD.
10. Get professional help: Consult a doctor and then take action accordingly. If you are on medication, get yourself checked from time to time. Do not stop taking the medicine that has been prescribed by your doctor, suddenly.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi I started ART at 325 Cd4 and 25k VL .after 6 month my cd4 was 786. After 1 year my VL was undetectable. But this time my CD4 is 499 and VL is still undetectable. I am on Teevir . Is it alarming.
I have sex related problems. Sex time and after sex body pain 30 minutes after ok .so please suggest sex timing increase.
If you are experiencing difficulty in breathing or rapid breathing, shortness of breath and low blood pressure, you might have been affected with acute respiratory distress syndrome or ARDS. This is a fatal lung condition in which the supply of oxygen to the lungs and into the blood gets prevented. The symptoms of this syndrome develop within two days of the illness. Here are 10 important facts about ARDS you should know about:
Because of the low level of oxygen in the blood, the organs of the body may not function properly. The kidneys and brain require constant oxygen-rich blood supply and there are chances of organ failure due to ARDS.
Commonly, people who get ARDS are already in hospital for some other health problem. People who are not hospitalised may get ARDS because of conditions such as pneumonia.
In ARDS, the tiny blood vessels of the lungs leak more fluid than usual into the air sacs of the lungs. This happens because of infections, injuries or some other condition. The lungs cannot get filled up with air and sufficient oxygen is prevented from getting pumped into the bloodstream.
People who are prone to ARDS have some condition that may injure their lungs directly or indirectly.
The initial symptoms of ARDS include a feeling of not getting sufficient air in the lungs, low oxygen levels in the blood and rapid breathing. The diagnosis of ARDS depends on your medical history and the results from several tests and physical examinations.
The treatment of ARDS is undertaken by oxygen therapy, medicines and fluids. A patient with ARDS is likely to develop some other health condition while in the hospital, such as lung scarring, blood clots, infections and pneumothorax.
Many people recover from ARDS completely while others keep on facing certain health problems, such as shortness of breath, muscle weakness, depression and fatigue. Problems related to memory and clear thinking are also indicated.
By improving your quality of life, you can recover from ARDS. You need the support and encouragement of your family and friends. You must avoid smoking and keep away from any kind of lung irritant.
- The treatment for ARDS has showed progress in the recent years. Hence, more people are recovering from this condition. New treatment procedures are being researched on.