Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I have a high emotional sensitivity. Even a small thing put me in a situation. Anger, sadness, fear. A sudden burst of emotion. Any tablets (pescribtion) to control/reduce the sensitivity.
If I will stop smoking and will not smoke for almost a year do my lungs start operating/functioning like before. Please advise.
What is Bipolar Affective Disorder? And for what purpose qutipin and carbamazepine tablets are taken.
E-cigarettes or electronic cigarettes are vaporizers powered by battery which instigates the feeling of smoking. Though it has emerged as a measure to quit smoking, it is not so successful in achieving the same.
Check out its Benefits Vs Risks
1. Alternative to smoking - For those who find hard to quit smoking can replace this smoke and tobacco free device with the traditional cigarettes and can reduce the intake of smoke or tobacco to minimal.
2. Easy on the pocket book - The cost of e-cigarettes is relatively low than traditional cigarettes. Hence, it fits well under the budget of chain smokers.
3. Reduces the risk to diseases - Cigarette smoking is injurious to health. It can cause innumerable diseases from cancer, stroke, heart attack, pneumonia to osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s etc. E-cigarettes have reduced the risk of many of these diseases for the smokers.
4. Odor free Cigarette - The odor from a smoker after smoking is unbearable. E-cigarettes help get rid of the maleficent odor and so others won’t notice the smell.
1. E-liquids - E-cigarettes have e-liquids which are very harmfull for the body. A small amount of e-liquid is enough to kill a child or an adult. Hence, there is an increased risk to life of a smoker.
2. Lacks labeling - E-cigarettes do not have proper labeling, health warnings, directions to use and its safe disposal technique. Hence, it has an added risk to environment if the e-liquids get exposed/leaked.
3. High levels of Nicotine - Though it is a tobacco and smoke-free cigarette, over usage of the same can make you addicted to nicotine which has further negative impacts on your health.
Hence, e-cigarettes may help in quit smoking, it is equally hazardous to your health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am suffering from anxiety my brain think so much about death. Tell me something what I do. I am in big tension.
I am 19 years old lady I got recently love marriage but my parents didn't agree him and I am unable to take decision who is important to me? in that case I couldn't take decision to my life please give suggestion that how to take decision.
Hello I am undergraduate 1st year student I am getting problem in remembering my syllabus I study them ut then also after few day ibgot blank about that topic. Kindly please suggest any method to increase my brain memory.
Anger is among the gamut of emotions we exhibit as a reaction to a situation, and it is a 'normal' emotion too as long as it is kept under control. Some people have the propensity to explode when pushed to the extreme. They keep swallowing their emotions until they can finally do it no more, and erupt like a volcano. Others dealing with extreme anger are like a ticking time bomb. You'll never know what you unwittingly say or do can trigger an explosion. In either case, anger that cannot be controlled comes with a physical reaction.
Your heart beats faster preparing you for both action and reaction. Your breathing quickens. You may clench your fist, tighten your shoulders and go into a defensive position. The problem arises out of the fact that it is almost impossible to feel anger and empathy at the same time. An angry person is seldom sensitive to the well being of his victim, and hence may lash out verbally and sometimes physically. Such things done in the heat of the moment mostly leaves us with regrets. So here are a few ways to deal with extreme anger.
- Acknowledge it: The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have one. The fundamental problem here is that people believe they are on the right track and refuse to budge from their views. It is essential to realize that this step is not about deciding whether you are right or wrong, but acknowledging the fact that your reaction to the situation can be channeled in a better way. When getting someone to acknowledge their anger problem, be careful as to not use negative words like wrong, false and shouldn't. Instead, influence with positive words like can and should. Instead of saying 'You are wrong to react like this', you can say, 'I understand what you are feeling. Is there a way we can resolve this situation?'
- Recognize the signs: Once you know that your problems exist, you can try devising ways that will work for you in dealing with the situation. You can count to 10 to calm yourself or simply decide to not speak until you can calm yourself. Knowing that you may enter into an argument in a situation, you can list down the points that you feel strongly about and discuss each of them one by one. Working your way through a finite list gives a better opportunity to reach closure at the end.
- Find ways to let it go: Not all arguments end in closure. A lot of unsaid justifications cloud our mind repeatedly leaving us seething from the inside. Research has shown that the neurological anger response lasts less than two seconds. Beyond that it takes a strong will to stay angry. Once you realize how much your anger is consuming your mind, decide to free your mind with meditation and other calming exercises. Tell yourself that some people and issues simply don't deserve your anger, emotion, reaction or time.
If you or someone you know is suffering from anger management issues, consult a doctor today.