Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BharatiYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr, I missed my period from 2 day I have pain on my stomach back and head I done pregnancy test but positive line was so much faint what its mean can I pregnant?
Hello doctor. I'm 19 year old female. I'm in with my husband in holiday trip. I'm getting a period for past 2 days. Today is 3rd day. I'm take this tablet (rauf-mf. It is a correct tablet to stop my period doctor. This tablet gives any side effects?
Sir my wife is missing period from 2 months and now she's vomiting also and headache and she checked also 2 times for pregnancy test but still found negative. So please tell me what should we do please plz.
Last month I got periods again after 14 days counting day one as first day. And this time it was for 10 days. 3/4 days Before commencement I used to get pinching pain only I the tip of my breasts. It went away after the period started those ended on 6th march. Again I M getting pain in the tips. Some times its really bad, I have to hold them, rub gently, press lightly for few mins. It's more on one side. FYI I am going through a lot of stress. Stress beyond my capabilities. Nowadays. Financial crises, no mediclaim. Is it due to that.. Or is this Menopause. Please help. Pleaaassseee.
What r they reason of miscarriage. What kind of thing's r meal one should avoid to to avoid miscarriage. What kind of diet one should take to be safe during her pregnancy period.
Me and my wife have blood groups of an+. So please tell me that could i think for a baby. Please tell me in detail. I am waiting for your response.
Hello. I recently got married and we are trying to conceive ever since. I missed my period and its been 5 days since. We did a home pregnancy urine test with VELOCIT with the first urine of the morning. However the device showed as negative. What should I do. Should I get a blood test done to determine pregnancy?
Sexually transmitted diseases can often be shortened to STDs. STDs often do not show any symptoms. It is possible that you may have had a disease such as chlamydia and not even known you had it. However, it is crucial that you get yourself tested as soon as possible so that the sexually transmitted disease can be treated in the best way possible. Since there are many sexually transmitted diseases and they all have different symptoms and treatment, here are the symptoms and treatment for the most common ones:
- HPV: HPV stands for Human papillomavirus and it may display no symptoms, whatsoever that you have the disease. However, when you do get symptoms, you will get symptoms such as genital warts, infection of the throat and mouth as well as cervical cancer, penile cancer and various other cancers. The treatment for HPV is to take a vaccine; as if you have not been vaccinated, it is hard to cure.
- Chlamydia: Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease, however only 25% of women and about 50% of men show any symptoms of it. However, the most common symptoms when they do appear is a discharge from the vagina or penis which is not regular and it may even cause a painful or burning sensation. Since this is a bacterial disease, it can pretty easily be treated with antibiotics.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is yet another common sexually transmitted disease. It usually occurs along with chlamydia. The symptoms and treatment for gonorrhea are also extremely similar to chlamydia.
- Syphilis: Syphilis is another common sexually transmitted disease. However, it is a little hard to treat because the symptoms appear in stages. In the first stage, there is only one main bump on the body. This bump may look like a cut, a sore or even an ingrown hair. In the second stage, this bump becomes a rash, which goes all over your body and it may develop sores in your mouth, vagina or anus. Symptoms usually completely disappear in the third stage. However, if there is a fourth stage, the brain or organ damage may occur. Antibiotics are used to treat syphilis as well.
Related Tip: "3 Ways You Can Prevent STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)"
I am 6 months pregnant with low lying placenta. Do I have to take complete bed rest? If yes, then what complications I will face if I will not take rest?
What steps to be taken to get pregnant. When to have sex, at what time, what to do after sex immediately.
I have been advised hysterectomy and a correction of prolapsed bladder. Please tell me what is the procedure likely to be (will a mesh be used, stitches etc) and how many days I will have to spend in the hospital.
Hair is one of the most noticeable aspects of a human being, whether you are a man or a woman. However, the increasing use of chemicals and other ingredients in hair care products tends to cause more damage to hair than benefits. Ayurveda offers great solutions for healthy hair without the side effects associated with chemical related products.
Some Ayurvedic tips to keep hair healthy:
Shampoo itself is a derivative of the word champoo, which is an indian concept of soothing or gently massaging the scalp before washing it off. Let's look at some of the ayurvedic tips which may help you get better hair and shine and keep it healthy throughout.
A. Special Ayurvedic oils for massaging on scalp: The best options are usually sesame, brahmi and the most commonly available coconut oil. Massage it on your scalp regularly at least twice a week and leave it overnight before washing it off the next morning.
B. Make sure diet is corrected: Ensure that the food you eat is a part of a balanced diet and it is preferable to avoid junk food altogether. Stay away from carbonated sweetened beverages as well as smoking and drinking. Some of the spices and vegetables that will be helpful in restoring hair health would be:
- Cooking in olive oil or ghee instead of cheap vegetable oils is also beneficial
C. Taking care of digestive or bowel issues: If you suffer from digestive or bowel related issues, then it would be wise to correct that first by the use of laxatives or other medications.
D. Taking care of pitta issues: The pitta, if aggravated, can cause hair fall. There are many techniques in ayurveda which can be used to balance it.
E. Usage of certain herbs in controlled amounts: Usage of the following herbs in controlled amounts can be very good for the health of your hair.
- Aloe vera - aloe vera is the new wonder drug, which is effective in treating many ailments and it is very good for skin and hair as well, whether consumed as food or applied to the hair as an extract.
- Bhringraj - paste made of bhringraj applied to the hair before washing can be very good for the health of the hair.
- Methi - another spice which can be grounded made into a paste and then applied to hair and is known to produce great results.
- Amla - amla is very good while being eaten as it contains vitamin c and fortifies hair health from the inside. Amla paste or extract massaged on hair is also very good for its health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Lybrate - Dr. Aditya Vikram Shaunik talks about managing the Increasing Number of Diseases.
Good afternoon. I am DR. AV Shaunik. I am laparoscopic general surgeon. Practicing here in Bhardwaj hospital and have keen interest in nutrition and in wellness. So today we are talking about diseases, why do we have so many diseases and they are increasing on daily basis. In fact the major worry is the heart disease and 30 million people are suffering from this disease in India and 50 million people are suffering from diabetes. There are more than 3 million cancer patients in India . More than 5 lakh people die due to cancer every year. Then we have lung disease, asthma and bronchitis.
Stress is the major cause of the disease factor and increases obesity. So these are the problems which are taking place in adults as well as younger age group. Now the question is that why we have all the diseases? And what can we do about them? What needs to be understood in all these diseases is that they are caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable particles which are produced when metabolism is taking place in the body, so they are countered as antioxidants and they balance the free radicals. The problem is that there is a gap between the free radicals production and the balancing which is taking place by the antioxidants. Now what causes free radicals .Free radicals are basically the pollution, chemicals which are coming into our body, all these chemicals which are in the air or in the food insecticide, pesticide, urea, DAP.
Now all these in the body get converted into free radicals and which is being unstable when they hit the DNA of the body. It will cause cancer if it strikes the LDL and is known as bad cholesterol. It oxidizes the LDL and this oxidized LDL will enter the free radical and will damage artery walls to form fat deposits in the vessels which causes heart disease. The same way these radicals will cause inflammation in the bronchi in the air passage of the lungs. It gives rise to bronchitis, asthma. Now these are free radicals and the counter is to the antioxidants. Antioxidants are in food, vitamin and minerals. Over the years, a chemical attack is free radical attack and has worn out. Roughly, the free radical attack goes up to 500 times.
What has happened to our food? The food which our grandparents were eating in 1944, has no longer the same nutrients. Today you will have to eat nearly 8 to 10 tomatoes to get the same copper content which we supposed to get very easily in previous years. So since the nutrients have depleted more than 15 times and the free radicals attack has gone up by 500 times, so there is a major nutritional imbalance. This nutritional imbalance which has taken place is known as the nutritional deficient and this is the main cause of diseases. How do we take care of these diseases? To do this we will discuss this in the next clip.
If there are any questions which you would like to raise you can contact me on the Lybrate website itself, by SMS, by talking to me, by coming to my clinic in the Bhardwaj hospital. Thank you