Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BharathiYour feedback matters!
I am married bfr 2 months. But I am not gtng regular period s from a year. If I got period one or two days bleed that it. Otherwise it show dark brown bleeding a drop drop whn I use bathroom for 15 days.
I am 43 years female I was having periods since feb 2015 some time continuously for 20 days, then gap for one week then start heavy bleeding with clots then stop after one or two days again start after one or two days with sever pain, this is going on since feb. I consulted a doctor he advised dienogest tablet 1/ day, where ultrasound shows nothing unusual except bulky in size uterus, suggest me what can be the cause of this bleeding is it some serious problem? or some other test are required? should I keep on taking dienogest tablet? is it a suitable medicine? or it has some side effect?
My age is 38.I have irregular periods since 3 to 4 years after my second delivery.Some times I have heavy blood flow continuous for 8 to 10 days.Or the periods doesn't cum on proper .Doctor.Says.S.I.Its hormonal l have tried many hormonal please suggest this time I have not 15 days are over.
I was advised to continue krimson 35 for 6 months as I am diagnosed with pcod. My six month course has finished. What should I do if I miss my period?
A newly married couple who r totally first timers, how many times should they do sex in a week or in a month.
My friend she is 25 years old. Suddenly she has had physical relation with her boyfriend. Within 24 hours she got medicine like unwanted 72. She does physical relation just 2 days after her period. But suddenly this month just 1 week after the relation her period has been start. Is this any sign of any disease ?
Avoid alcohol during pregnancy. Alcohol has been linked to premature delivery, mental retardation, birth defects, and low birthweight babies.
Limit caffeine to no more than 300 mg per day. The caffeine content in various drinks depends on the beans or leaves used and how it was prepared. An 8-ounce cup of coffee has about 150 mg of caffeine on average while black tea has typically about 80 mg. A 12-ounce glass of caffeinated soda contains anywhere from 30-60 mg of caffeine. Remember, chocolate (especially dark chocolate) contains caffeine -- sometimes a significant amount.
The use of saccharin is strongly discouraged during pregnancy, because it can cross the placenta and may remain in fetal tissues. But, the use of other non-nutritive or artificial sweeteners approved by the FDA is acceptable during pregnancy. These FDA-approved sweeteners include aspartame (Equal or NutraSweet), acesulfame-K (Sunett), and sucralose (Splenda). These sweeteners are considered safe in moderation, so talk with your health care provider about how much non-nutritive sweetener is acceptable during pregnancy.
Decrease the total amount of fat you eat to 30% or less of your total daily calories. For a person eating 2000 calories a day, this would be 65 grams of fat or less per day.
Limit cholesterol intake to 300 mg or less per day.
Do not eat shark, swordfish, king mackerel, or tilefish (also called white snapper), because they contain high levels of mercury.
Avoid soft cheeses such as feta, Brie, Camembert, blue-veined, and Mexican-style cheese. These cheeses are often unpasteurized and may cause Listeria infection. There’s no need to avoid hard cheese, processed cheese, cream cheese, cottage cheese, or yogurt.
Avoid raw fish, especially shellfish like oysters and clams.
Repeated missed abortion from 2010 three times within 6week after becoming pregnant.it is safe or not
Painful or difficult intercourse is either caused by psychological or medical factors, such as dyspareunia. It is commonly known as painful intercourse due to various reasons and persistant pain in the pelvis region is a sign of it.
What causes dyspareunia?
The causes of dyspareunia can vary, depending on when the pain occurs; during deep thrusting or penetration. Sometimes, emotional factors contribute to the cause as well.
1. Entry pain
Pain during penetration may be caused by the following factors:
- Insufficient lubrication: Inadequate foreplay can result in insufficient lubrication. Breast-feeding, menopause or childbirth can also cause inadequate lubrication.
- Irritation, trauma or injury: This includes irritation or injury from pelvic surgery, an accident, female circumcision or episiotomy (incision made at the time of childbirth to expand the birth canal).
- Skin disorder, infection or inflammation: Infections in the urinary tract or genital organs can result in painful intercourse. Skin problems such as eczema can also add to dyspareunia.
- Vaginismus: Uncontrollable vaginal wall muscle spasms can make penetration extremely painful.
- Congenital abnormality: Problems during birth, such as lack of a fully-developed vagina or underdevelopment of the hymen are some underlying causes.
2. Deep pain
Deep thrusting can be attributed to the following causes:
- Certain conditions and illnesses: These include ovarian cysts, haemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, cystitis, uterine fibroids (benign growths in the uterus), retroverted uterus (uterus that is tilted), uterine prolapse (a condition characterized by the uterus sagging from its usual position), pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis (uterus lining tissues growing outside one’s uterus).
- Medical treatment or surgeries: Medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation or surgeries like hysterectomy (a surgical technique to remove either a part or whole of the womb) can result in dyspareunia.
3. Emotional factors
- Psychological problems: Depression, anxiety, body image issues, relationship problems or intimacy fears can affect arousal and result in pain.
- Stress: Pelvic floor muscles are affected by stress. This contributes to pain during sex.
- Past sexual abuse: Dyspareunia commonly develops in women who have been abused in the past.
The symptoms of painful intercourse include:
1. Pain only during entry (Sexual penetration)
2. Any penetrative activity is painful; even inserting a tampon becomes painful
3. Sudden sensation of pain, especially if sex before was painless
4. Deep pain while thrusting
5. Aching or burning pain
6. Throbbing pain, persisting hours after sex
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am really confused I ask many peoples some say that harshly breast pressing causes cancer and damage glands and nerves some say no! My bf presses and squeezes and sucks by breast very harshly and tightly for long time! During foreplay! We r doing these things from many days but alternate days! But I am worried that as I had listened these things about damages and harms? Please can anyone tell an logical answer with reason that tightly breast squeezing damages breast or breast or not? Or they only cause temporary pain? So as I can we worry free and enjoy the tight harsh breast pressing by my bf! Please help!
I am having chest pain from last one week. On my left breast nipple there was red color dark blood color with extreme pain. Now nothing is there but still I am having pain. My eosinophil is 9.
I'm 19 years old I have pcod and very worried about this, please tell me what should I do to get rid of this.
Colposcopy is a procedure that is used to get a closer view of a women’s cervix, vagina and vulva. It is a procedure carried on to detect the presence of any abnormal cells on the cervix and nearby areas.
Why is Colposcopy done?
This procedure is carried out to see the problems in the vagina and cervix which may otherwise be not visible with a naked eye. A colposcopy is done when the Pap test results are abnormal. These abnormalities could be due to several reasons like viral infections namely human papillomavirus (HPV) infection or any other fungal (yeast), bacterial or protozoan (Trichomonas) infection. Atrophic vaginitis or natural cervical changes due to menopause can also lead to abnormal Pap test results. However one needs to be careful because these untreated cervical cell changes that lead to abnormal Pap tests can at times develop into precancerous or cancerous changes.
In case during colposcopy, an abnormal tissue is found in the problem areas, the doctor will remove a tiny sample of it and send it to the lab. This is normally known as a biopsy or cervical biopsy which is done from inside the opening of the cervix or endocervical canal.
Procedure for a colposcopy and biopsy
A colposcopy is normally a pain free procedure where at times some women might feel a slight tingling or burning sensation when the solution is applied. Biopsy might lead to a little discomfort like that of a sharp pinch or a menstrual cramp. During colposcopy a speculum or a small instrument is inserted into the vagina to spread apart the vaginal walls. In order to see the area more clearly the doctor dabs the cervix or vagina with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar (acetic acid) or Iodine (Lugol's solution). The solution is used to remove any kind of mucus and also makes the abnormal cells turn white in order to be clearly visible.
The doctor then uses a colposcope, a light magnifying device that looks like binoculars and has a bright light mounted to it. It also has a camera attached to it to take the videos or pictures of the cervix and vagina.
Biopsies are normally done by scraping away abnormal cells with a small brush or a small curette.
Results of colposcopy or cervical Biopsy
In case of Normal results the vinegar or iodine will not show the presence of any abnormal cells and the vagina and cervix look normal. But in case of abnormal results, there are abnormal tissues seen in the problem areas. It could also be a sore or a genital wart or infection in and around the vagina. The biopsy report would clarify whether it is cervical cancer or is likely to develop. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Patients have skin diseases like Acne/ pimples/ ring worm/ eczema/psoriasis. Your are advised to take maximum drinking water, 5to7 liter within 24 hours.
- Fruits - Banana is best fruit for skin diseases patients.
- Yoga - anuloom vilom prayanam
- And kapalbhati prayanam for 30 min is best for all type skin diseases.
- You should avoid all sour taste and spicy food items also avoid excessive sweating/ hard work.
Being a good parent is a rich and rewarding experience. However, it is not an easy task. It takes a lifetime to feel that one has been a good parent. If you follow a few rules and tips, you can move closer to being one. On one hand, there is a need to pamper your kids, and on the other, there is a need to instill fear and not cross certain boundaries. How to seek balance here? The idea is to instill good values like honesty, kindness, and empathy and at the same time prevent anxiety, depression, mood disorders, and substance abuse.
Read on to know what the experts have to about parenting, keeping in mind the current changes in lifestyle trends.
- Communicate and lead by example: While there are things that a parent tells a child, what is taught through action is far more important. So, if you want a message driven to your child, it is more important to do it, than just talk about it. This will help your kid to do the same the next time he is in trouble and seeks advice on something.
- Pamper within limits: With most parents moving to one child per family, it's a common sight to see parents pampering their children without limits and saying yes to their every want. However, there should be a limit, and the child should know what cannot be provided and what cannot be demanded.
- Replacing time with things: Another change that is sweeping our society is the lack of time among parents. And a big mistake that parents do is to provide things to children where they cannot make time. This is a big mistake, which the child can learn to abuse and demand things not required for him or beyond him.
- Create a balance: A parent should be clear when the child can expect lenience and strictness. This is very essential, else the child will expect lenience for everything. Being sweet all the time isn't the wise thing to do. On the other hand, being strict for everything is not required either. The thing is to let the child know what acts will make you feel happy and which ones will annoy you, so he or she can act accordingly. The child should be clear of both these aspects of the parents.
- Punish when required: It does require a hard heart to do it, but trivial punishments when required should be enforced. It is not the punishment, but the idea that the child can be punished if required. This will encourage your kid to do what's right, and always follow that.
- Be his friend: Different stages of a child’s growth requires different levels of control and empathy. The values that need to be instilled also would be different. A three-year-old should be dealt with differently from a teenager from an adolescent. Grow with them and enjoy the parenting phase. And most importantly, be his or her friend. So that your child always knows whom to rely on.