Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bharat ShethYour feedback matters!
I have ulcers in my mouth. They happen very often. More often than others. I would like a solution for this.
My problem is teeth blood bleeding it is 1 year problem to me. Why it happens? What is the reason? How to control it?
Im 22 years old. I have gum bleeding since 3 weeks. Not heavy bleeding just rarely my gums start to bleed. But for long durations like 10-15 mins. Please suggest what do I do.
I had root canal in my childhood, it was fine until I noticed some pain there, when I went to the dentist she removed the cap and then the pain went away, I felt some sensitivity but it's fine now, nobody could figure out the cause of pain and sensitivity, now they are saying to cut some gum for crowning to better place the cap, is it advisable?
I am 25, male, live in greater noida. I've chronic problem of mouth ulcers. In every 3-4 days I come up with this problem. I've consulted many times before with many doctors and have sound know how of the causes responsible for ulcers. I drink enough water (ro water) & there is no digestion issues with me. For the last 10 days i'm suffering with an ulcer near the lower lip left side, which is nor healing and getting bigger and deep. Is there anything serious about it or what should I do?
I had gingivitis and thus, dentist suggested scaling since I had a lot of deposits and was confirmed that it doesn't harm the teeth. Now, how long will it take for my gum to get its grip back or grow back to the teeth and I can feel that a lot of the teeth is out my gums. How long will now, gingivitis take to heal. I am doing mouthwash with Hexidine twice daily.
Hi. I am VENU GOPAL. After preparing brushing also my tooth appears to be in yellow colour. In order to get rid of this and make my tooth white. What should I do. Please do suggest me?
I am 32 yr old, I loss some teeth in lower bridge so pls guide which teeth is good for long duration and what is the cost of per teeth.
I have unbearable toothache on the left lower side. No sleep. Applied clove and got little sleep. Again the pain is unbearable. Took one combiflame. Please help.
I am 18 year old and how to decrease my body fat and also how to whitening my teeth and also how get rid of black spots of chicken pox from my body.
My daughter is 3 yrs. How do I prevent tooth decay. She brushes her teeth all by herself. Eats chocolate. Is there any way I can save her from blacken teeth that I see in other preschoolers.
I am 30years old, and my teeth become worse, and bad smell comes out, sometimes, gum, swelled up, what I have to do?
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.