Find numerous Alternative Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Bharat ShastriYour feedback matters!
My mother suffering from headache since 34 years (just after my elder sister delivery) I have visited many doctors. If any idea how can treat it.
Hii, I have 2 daughters of age 9 years and 2 years. Both have dry and itching skin. The little one all the times do rubbing her skin in head or around neck. And the elder one is also prone to itching. I am giving Cepraheptadine to little one. Please suggest.
My age is 23. My family and dad has big head but my head is very small. Can I apply milk on head for better result? please help what should I do for it. As it effect my whole personality.
Hi I am 24 years old, weight 92kgs, height 6ft 3 inches. My head spins overtime I do some heavy work or may be sometimes without any reason. What should I do? (I do workout 3 days a week)
Hi, I am 25years old female. I got married before 1 and half years. We didn't do any restriction to get pregnancy. We are doing sex continuously but still now I am not pregnant. I got period on Nov26. For the last time we have unprotected sex from Dec 5 to Dec 12. My cycle vary from 24 to 30 days. But I am having slight Nausea, dizzy & stomach burning in night only (after I slept). Expected ovulation day - Dec 9 On Dec 11 - Night I slept and woke up at 5: 30 AM and having Nausea, dizzy & stomach during. I drunk water. Then I slept well On Dec 12 - Night I slept and woke up at 4: 30 AM & 5: 30 AM and I am having the same feeling as yesterday. Then I drunk water for each time I woke up and I slept. On Dec 13 - Night I slept but woke up at 2: 30 AM, 4: 30 AM & 5: 30 AM and I am having the same feeling as yesterday. Then I drunk water for each time I woke up. And I slept On Dec 14 - Night I slept and woke up at 12: 30AM, 2: 30 AM, 3: 00 AM, 3: 30 AM, 4: 30 AM & 5: 30 AM and I am having the same feeling as yesterday. Then I drunk water for each time I woke up and I slept. Yesterday I had the same problem. But in morning I did not having any Nausea, dizzy feeling. Whether I am pregnant. Or another problem I am having.
Hi I am suffering from cold fever I am in bad condition since 10 days please provide sustainable suggestion.
Lybrate | Dr. Tanupriya Hazra speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Stroke has a new indicator Blood Clots/Stroke - They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue
STROKE: Remember the 1st Three Letters.....
S. T. R.O.K.E.
RECOGNIZING A STROKE
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:
S *Ask the individual to SMILE.
T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A
SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)
(i.e. Chicken Soup)
R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
New Sign of a Stroke -
Stick out Your Tongue!
NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is
'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication.
An ankle sprain can make life miserable. A sudden twist or stretching (due to incorrect walking, incorrect posture, wearing high heels, walking on an uneven and rough surface, exercise, games) can result in ligament(s) tear (partial or complete tear), affecting the ankle. An ankle sprain is often confused with a twisted ankle. However, the two are different as chalk and cheese. A sprained ankle can be extremely painful, taking few weeks to months to heal completely (depending on the severity).
An ankle sprain is independent of age and sex, affecting anyone and everyone under the sun. The symptoms characteristic of an ankle sprain includes:
- The affected region of the ankle may swell up immediately.
- Difficulty in walking. In severe forms, a person may find it difficult to place a step.
- The area appears bruised and tender.
- Excruciating pain and discomfort (severe case).
- Stiffness and, in some cases, discoloration of the skin around the tear.
At no point should the sprain be taken lightly. Seek medical assistance at the earliest. Negligence on your part can aggravate the situation. In extreme cases, an ankle sprain can add to your agony and discomfort, affecting the joints, bones, blood vessels, tendons, and cartilage.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Accurate diagnosis can make the treatment effective, thus accelerating the recovery process. In case of an ankle sprain;
- Physical examination of the affected area and a thorough case study is an important diagnostic step followed by many doctors.
- X-ray of the affected ankle region can help in a better and more accurate diagnosis.
The course of treatment depends on the extent of the damage. In case of a minor sprain, doctors mostly recommend
- Keeping the affected ankle area bandaged (ACE bandage) and well protected. A crutch or a brace is a blessing for people who face difficulty in walking.
- Time and again, apply a cold compress on the sprained ankle. A cold compress can help reduce the swelling effectively.
- In case of extreme pain and swelling, your doctor may recommend an acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen
- Rest as much as possible. While sleeping, use cushions or pillows to keep the leg elevated.
Precaution and Care:
A little alertness and agility on your part can help to deal with an ankle sprain better.
- In the case of a severe sprain, try and avoid self-medication as much as possible. It can do you more harm than good.
- Exert minimum or no pressure on the affected ankle area.
- Indulge in some strengthening exercise as recommended by your physician. It is advisable that you warm up before any exercise.
- Avoid heavy, strenuous work as much as possible.
- Wearing correct footwear is important. Women who have had an ankle sprain should avoid wearing heel shoes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.