Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhanu ShahYour feedback matters!
I am asking just a general question that I have seen people who are heavy smokers and smoking 1-2 pack if cigarettes daily & they seem to have healthy skin & I who smokes alternatively & just 2-3 cigarettes is getting skin problems like roughness, irregular skin & facial burning. Please suggest me something.
Meri ma ko legs par neel ka nishan ban jate hai and abhi mere bhi hua hai. and pain bhut hi minor hai. So wt should we do?
Hi sir I have problem on my face. Its a oli face and the right side had so many small small moles, I tired several medicines one year ago but no use. Now not using any thing. Let help me give good medicine. Sir.
I am suffering from skin roughness. Its so painful. Day after day its increase. Should I use any type of sunscreen?
My face looks fair at home after cleaning but outdoors it looks darker. I use soap of Patanjali and apply face cream. Please give some tips.
In the era of information overload, the internet is filled with thousands of beauty advices, most of which tend to do you more harm than good. It is extremely essential to do a thorough and reliable research about the pros and cons of a beauty tip that you intend to utilize.
The following are some of the most common beauty myths that have been passed down through generations:
- Myth- Shaving makes your hair grow back thicker: You must have heard a number of times that shaving tends to make your hair grow back coarser, thicker and darker. Scientific evidence proves this notion as a myth; it states that shaving neither affects the rate of your hair thickness nor its growth. Hair shafts are often thicker than the hair ends, which makes them appear thicker.
- Myth- Toothpaste aids in getting rid of pimples: Applying toothpaste on pimples is among such beauty remedies that have been doing rounds for a long time. Application of toothpaste on a pimple tends to dry your skin and irritates it. Instead of using toothpaste on pimples, it is advisable to utilize medications, which contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid and are designed to treat pimples.
- Myth- Trim you hair to make it grow faster: It is one of the most common beauty myths that everyone is aware of. Hair does not grow from its end; it grows from its root. The appearances of split ends arise due to severe hair damage, which slowly make its way towards the top of your hair. Trimming your hair on a regular basis gives your hair a healthier and fuller appearance, but it does not accelerate the rate of your hair growth.
- Myth- Cocoa butter helps in preventing stretch marks: Another widespread beauty tip, which is unfortunately a myth is that application of cocoa butter on a pregnant woman's belly throughout the course of her pregnancy will prevent the appearance of stretch marks. According to research, cocoa butter has no role in the prevention or control of stretch marks' appearance.
- Myth- Is it possible to shrink your skin pores: No matter how much you scrub or cleanse your skin; it is not possible to shrink your pores. In fact, you cannot close or open pores even if you want to. In order to give your pores a more refined look, use cleaning devices while cleansing your pores.
From last 6 month, I observe dark spot below eye become more as compared to 2 month back need advice on this.
My PSA is 3.8 which is in normal limits but ultrasound shows enlargement of prostrate.I am interested in homeopathic treatment if any if required. My age is 75 pl give detailed comment wtth medicine if any.Thanks
I have an allergy of skin rashes from last 3 months on thigh and also on stomach and now it is increase day by day so what can I do now I am using medicine like borocandulam cream and sarsaparill medicine.
Sir I had various skin problems from my childhood days. It started with the bulginess of skin same like a mosquito bite we that it just'pitta' but it wasnt because of particular kind of food after some years it stopped. Den right from 7 th standard I am suffering major acne problem which have destroyed my skin almost. In between I used to have itching at my elbow part and then it grew like pustule but without pus. Now I still have major acne issue and from last 2 years m facing new problem related to hands. My hands get completely dry and rough and in between the finger region and on the palm some red dots appear which cause itching. Please tell me whats it. and get me out of this thing. please help
I have whiteheads on nose, upper lip and lower chin please suggest me remove whiteheads and my face skin is very dry.
Is orange ,brown rice, sweet potatoes, and ground potatoes are really good to urcetaria? Pls suggest me these are best fruits.
Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The Prostate gland is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chance of developing BPH increases after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet unknown as to why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarged prostate gland have not complained about any discomfort faced.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion. There are certain medicines, which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage.
Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are:
- Strain while urinating
- Weak urine flow
- Some dribbling after urination
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are:
- Waking during the night to urinate
- Urinating frequently during the day and at night
- Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but are the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus, it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.