Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bhamini ShahYour feedback matters!
My unmarried niece is 23+ years old. She has poly cysts in every. Is there any remedy in Homeopathy. What will be the problems in future.
Above things will give long life .
Even minor degree of thyroid impairment in pregnancy can lead to lower IQ in offspring. Hence hypothyroidism should be adequately treated.
I get periods of 15-20 days duration with heavy flow. I am now 43 yrs. My period cycle has also reduced.
Hello docter. I am from jagadhri. I am facing problem with my periods. My periods doesn't stop since 8 days. Usally it take 3 days. It is due to deficiency of iron. I had face this problem before also when I was 15. I am feeling weakness. Please suggest me how to stop periods and also suggest me iron pills.
Hi Doctors! I'm , 21 years old unmarried girl. Actually I have on unprotected sex with my bf on 4th of September Night sex k bad 12 ghante k andar hi means agle din 5sept ko din 12 bje tak maine ek ipill leli. But ipill lene k bad 5 september ko again I have an unprotected sex with my bf. So aesi situation mei kya mujhe fir se ipill lena chahiye ya jo ipill maine 12bje tk din 5september ko li thi vo mere dono unprotected sex k bad pregnancy se nachne k liye enough hai? please give a answer soon. Ye mai isliye puch rhi qki mere periods lastly 13th of august ko aaye the nd hmesa se hi mere periods 24 ya 25 days pr aa jate hai uske according 13 august k bad mera period 5 ya 6 tk aa jana chahiye tha but aaj 7 September bhi khatam hi ho gya ab tk mera period nhi aya. Isliye mujhe darr lg rha pregnancy ka. Plz tell me what to do in this situation kya karna chahiye mujhe 5september ko jo unprotected sex hua uske according abhi 48 hours hue hai so kya mujhe fir se ipill leni chahiye. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
For busy professionals who are used to juggling different activities along with a hectic full-time job, staying fit can be a challenge. This is essentially due to a lack of consistency in sticking to a good fitness and diet plan. Here are some smart suggestions on how you can stay healthy even when you are busy.
5 diet and fitness tips for busy people
Integrate activity into your everyday life
Vigorous exercise is important. However, if your hectic schedule leaves you with no time to hit the gym, you can try integrating some activity in the course of the day for increasing your productivity and staying fit.
Take a walk when you are conversing on the phone.
Instead of the lift, take the stairs.
Take short breaks and step away from the workstation.
Workouts at home, such as sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, keep you in shape.
Eat healthily and on time
Foods which are low in nutritional value and have too many calories can pose serious health problems, including weight gain, cardiovascular problems, and diabetes. It is important to stick to a healthy diet and a strict routine.
Instead of starchy foods, choose wholegrain variants which contain more fiber, and keep you feeling full.
Feel like snacking in the middle of the day? stock up on nuts and seeds or citrus fruits that are known to cure fatigue and stimulate alertness.
To keep your energy up and your metabolism on overdrive, eat breakfast and smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 3 big meals.
Have sufficient liquids through the day to avoid dehydration.
Avoid processed or packaged foods that contain too much sugar. Excess sugar has been linked to energy spikes followed by a crash while too much salt can lead to high blood pressure and an increased risk of strokes and heart disease.
Sleep is important
Finding it difficult to get a good night's sleep? sleep deprivation can lead to fatigue, confusion, memory lapses and irritability.
To get a restful sleep:
Create a sleep schedule and stick to it. Reading a book, listening to relaxing music, or taking a warm shower can help in relaxing your body.
Avoid watching tv or surfing on your mobile as this can interfere with your sleep.
Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Going to bed hungry or stuffing yourself too much can cause discomfort and keep you awake.
Focus on deep breathing
When you are trying to juggle multiple things at a time, you are bound to be stressed. Five to ten minutes of deep breathing can help in relaxing you and reducing anxiety.
You can also close your eyes and focus on relaxing and tensing each muscle group while taking deep, slow breaths. The best part about this is that you can do it anytime, at home, workplace or even on the road.
Watch your posture
Good posture is not just great for your back and neck, but also allows you to breathe properly and increases concentration and thinking ability. To improve your posture:
Get a good quality office chair, one with firm and dense cushioning and back support.
Instead of resting your weight on a particular foot, plant both feet flat on the floor.
Set a reminder to check your posture. This can be in the form of a post-it note, an alarm on your phone or an email reminder.
Hello Madam/Sir, Greetings. My age is 31. I am married since three years and now trying to conceive from the last two months. we have sex during the 13th and 14th day after my periods. But failed to conceive. My periods are regular and my hormone levels are normal. My Gynaec gave me ovulation induction medicines for 3 months. I was unable to go for TVS for the first two months of medication and the third time I went for regular trans vaginal scan. My follicle was ready but she diagnosed polypoid endocervical thickening of 1.0 X 0.4 cm thickness and she stressed to do IUI and told that there is no chance of conceiving until the polyp is removed. Suggest me to get conceive. Thanking You.
I have likely PCOS. Due to M2 tone syrup, I have got my period normal back having cycle of 34 days. I have gone through USG for follicle study and found there is no increase in egg and confused about ovulation days. One of known gyne suggested to go through EB, TB (PCR), on first day if my nxt period cycle and FSH, LH, E2 and AMH tests on second day of my period cycle. Now, I have moved to a new location and visited a nearby gyne who suggested to put me on some injectable or medicines for ovulation induction and no test suggested by her except USG scan for follicle study. Now, I am confused about which treatment is better for me as per my case history. Please suggest as I am under stress to get an ideal way to go about the right treatment.
A cervical smear test is often known as a Pap test and is done to establish the changes that might have occurred in cells of the cervix. A small sample of cells is taken from the surface of the cervix and is tested for any abnormalities. The sample is spread on a slide or in some cases mixed with a liquid fixative and studied under a microscope. It is one of the most popular methods to test the abnormalities in your cells and can pinpoint point cervical cancers.
About the test
A typical cervical smear or Pap test is done to identify the changes that have happened to the cells of the cervix. Diagnosing them early can be beneficial in many ways and can lower your chance of cervical cancer. PAP smear or a cervical smear is a screening test for cervical cancer. For other cases, once the results of the cell growth are identified it is safe to seek other tests and medical options for diagnosis.
The procedure of typical Pap smear
The test is mostly recommended when you do not have the periods as the blood can interfere with the results. Also, before taking the test discuss with your doctor about the medications you are taking and in case you are under any birth control pills. No other special preparations are needed for the Pap test. Feel free to discuss with your doctor about the impact the test will have on you or on the pain levels, etc.The test is done by inserting a speculum into the vagina, which spreads it further. Later, a cotton swab is inserted to get the samples of cells from your cervix. The cells from the vagina are also collected in some cases and tested accordingly.
The risks involved
There no chances of risks when you go for such tests. You might feel a bit of pressure in your vaginal region and may experience a small bleeding after the testing. However, this is extremely normal. Also, there is no pain involved. If you experience heavy period and blood loss, you might experience minor discomfort when the test is being done.
The final result
Once the test is done, the results would be available usually within a week. The results can be categorized into normal and abnormal. If your cells are normal and no abnormality is found then the condition is termed as a normal result. In the case of abnormality in the cell structure, then it requires further evaluation and diagnosis to rule out cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Doctor can I eat Desi medicine t regular of periods because these all problem occurs due t irregular of periods. Is it good t eat? Desi medicine. Or tell me. Is it side defected. Or not.
Hi, as per doctors suggestions we tried sex since 8 months. Still my wife not conceive. Sperm test is found ok. Now doctors suggested folic acid and vitamin D3 tablets to my wife. Pls suggest?
There are times when you feel extremely fatigued and tired. This could be because of the type of foods that you are consuming on a regular basis. Certain foods, when consumed tend to spike up your blood sugar level and make you feel sleepy and sloppy.
There are certain foods which you can have to boost your energy levels:
1. Vinegar: You can add vinegar to your food and salads to prevent your blood sugar levels from spiking. Vinegar is said to have properties that prevent excessive starch absorption in the body; it also keeps your metabolic rate elevated. Mix vinegar with a glass of water and have it after meals to prevent fatigue.
2. Fruits: Fruits can provide instant energy if you are feeling lethargic. Usually in the afternoon, eating a fruit such as an apple or a watermelon will provide an instant burst of energy. Make sure you keep your portion sizes under control; else too much sugar can mess with your system.
3. Nuts: Nuts are very healthy foods to snack upon as they contain heart healthy fats and Omega-3 acids. Nuts also contain proteins that are good for your muscles and fat loss goals. Being rich in fiber, they also promote satiety.
4. Dark chocolate: You can include small portions of dark chocolate for your dessert cravings after lunch as it contains “theobromine” which helps in boosting your mood and energy levels.
5. Whole grains: Include whole grains in your diet; avoid eating refined products such as white rice and refined flour. Refined carbohydrates can spike your blood sugar levels and lead to feeling of fatigue. Eating whole grains also provides a steady supply of energy to the body.
6. Cardamom: Add these spices to your dishes and tea as they are known to stimulate blood flow and increase energy levels in the body. It is known to expand the blood vessels in the body to increase blood flow.
7. Asparagus: Asparagus contains important vitamins that allow efficient conversion of sugar into energy. It also contains plenty of fibers that promote satiety. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I have periods for 10 or 11 days although the bleeding is negligible after 7 days. Is this normal. When period delays the bleeding converts into clots and my belly looks fat. Is this the symptom of swelling in uterus.
I am 30 year old, mine is pre cycle but this month the is passing but not yet bleeded some water like is going, I am not having sex from 3 years is there any problem.
Hi, I have a headache whenever I read for more than 2 hours. I used specs for reading. But never able to read for a long period of time.
I have 5 years old baby. I had aborted in June 2016 (10 weeks pregnancy, Reason - bleeding/no growth of baby find in ultrasound). Now, I am pregnant (6 week). Age 32 years, height 5 feet 4 inch. TORCH test is conducted by Doctor. IgM are negative for TORCH (Toxoplasma gondii, Rubella, Cytomegalovirus & Herpes simplex). IgG are positive for TORCH (Toxoplasma gondii - 74 IU/ml, (Rubella - 26 IU/ml, (Cytomegalovirus - 54 au/ml, (Herpes simplex - 1.1 ratio). What is the meaning of this test result. Should we need any treatment.
Hi, 6 months ago I had ultra sound and doctr told me the am suffering forn pcod and aftr prolactin test doctr told me dat I hav hormonal imbalance. Whn my period started I do not get my periods regular at dat tym dctr told me it is not to wory much aftr sumtym it vl becom regular n aftr few years I used to get my periods within 2 months. And aftr sum year again my periods became irregular n I used to get periods within 2 to 3 months sumtym aftr 3 months r aftr consulting doctr n by taking mdcns prescribed by dctr to hav periods. N she said dat your periods vl becom normal aftr having one baby cos you don't have any other prblm. Bt stil my periods are not regular n as I told dat 6 months ago another doctr told me I hav pcod n she gave mdcns ovacet to continue fr 6 months n 16 cablogin mdcns to take after four days each for hormones. But aftr 6 months again in ultra sound stil I have multiple cyst. What should I do now please suggest me. Should I consult another dctr I should go for homeopathy treatment. Do I get any serious disease lyk ovarian cancer if it is not treated properly. please suggest me.
Female genital sores are painful eruptions that bear a red appearance which may cause severe itching and pain. These lumps and sores may be caused due to sexually transmitted diseases and other ailments like allergic reactions, dermatitis, and other irritants. These lesions are usually found in the vaginal area and may also be caused to a number of skin disorders which all affect this region. Let us find out how to treat this painful condition.
- Recognising the Sores and Lumps: Many of these cases go unreported because the patient may feel embarrassed or ashamed to come up with the problem. But one must recognise the symptoms and the appearance of such sores so that the doctor may take a look at the earliest signs of eruption, so as to avoid a flare up and increase in the severity of the condition. The symptoms include pain and itchiness in the area as well as burning and bleeding along with pain in the pelvic area and discomfort during sexual intercourse and urination.
- Causes: There are many reasons for these eruptions. Sexually transmitted diseases or STDs remain the top causes. Genital warts, genital herpes and chancroid which is a bacterial disease, can also cause this condition. Further, syphilis and molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection with pearl shaped nodules, which can also cause such eruptions and lumps in the genital area. Apart from STDs, other chronic conditions like inflammation of the vulva known as Vulvovaginitis, and contact dermatitis as well as atopic dermatitis, can cause this condition.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis will usually be done with a pelvic examination as well as urine culture to show the presence of bacteria. Also, other blood tests may be done to detect the presence of cysts. The patient's medical history will also be taken into account, for such cases.
- Treatment: The doctor will prescribe a host of medicines including antibiotics and anti-viral medicines along with corticosteroids and pain relievers to help in treating these sores. Also, anti-itching ointments and medicines will be prescribed to make the condition less painful. These sores may also have to be removed with a minor surgical procedure at the doctor's clinic, in case they are too bothersome or painful.
- Home Remedies: The best way to take care of these sores is by taking a sitz bath with warm water and wearing clothes that will not brush against the area, which can cause further abrasions and discomfort.
One can prevent this condition by practicing safe sex with one partner at a time. Using condoms is strongly recommended along with routine testing and check-ups. All sexual contact should be avoided until the condition is cured completely.