Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Bhadresh ShahYour feedback matters!
When I jogging my heartbeat increase very high then I can't walk very long time what is reason for that?
While laying flatly getting feeling like tightness and little pain in chest and upper abdomen. Ecg taken result is normal.
I am aged 44 years male. I have checked the blood last week. The report level is as follows: TOTAL CHOLESTEROL PHOTOMETRY 203 mg/dl 125 - 200 HDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 41 mg/dl 35-80 TRIGLYCERIDES PHOTOMETRY 97 mg/dl 25 - 200 LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 153 mg/dl 85 - 130 TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO CALCULATED 4.9 Ratio 3.0 - 5.0 LDL / HDL RATIO CALCULATED 3.7 Ratio 1.5 - 3.5 VLDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 19.47 mg/dl 5 - 40 NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 161.72 mg/dl < 160. Please suggest me whether it is all normal or I have to undergo any treatment.
How cholesterol can be controlled with n without medicines What are efficient medicine for it my triglyceride is on higher side (-400)
Sometimes my left chest starts paining and I feel difficulty in breathing the more deep I breathe , more it pains and suddenly just after a minute pain vanishes but the strange part is it happens during rest once in two months.
Although egg is considered one of the most nutritious foods, people with high cholesterol avoid its consumption as they believe that eggs may increase cholesterol and risk heart diseases.
Is there a link between egg yolk and cholesterol?
Egg yolk is rich in dietary cholesterol. One large egg contains 185 milligrams of cholesterol. People with normal cholesterol levels require about 300 milligrams of dietary cholesterol and people with high cholesterol need 200 milligrams of dietary cholesterol from food.
Dietary cholesterol has the minimum impact on blood cholesterol as compared to saturated and trans fats which contain bad cholesterol. Hence dietary cholesterol present in egg yolk has minimal or no effects on increasing your cholesterol levels.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Hi, In a some days I've chest pain in left side, I don't know what is the reason for the pain. I think I've breast cancer?
I am suffering from acidity and my chest pains suddenly and my back too apart that I have hairfall problem.
Sir I am a criminal lawyer doing practice in Mumbai my age is 45 complete my hight is 5.9 and weight is 92 k g I am suffering from heart problem I heart is only 20% pumping what to do for weight loss Dr told me reduce your weight I am totally non alocohol
I am taking embeta xr 25 for high blood pressure last 6 months, now I want to take homoeopathic medicine. It is possible.
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences.
My father in law is suffering from a major attack. His heart is working but Brian not working. We consult with Cardiac doctor and as per his feedback the brain got damage (is in Koma) also right lever and kidney having problems. They put him on ventilator for 2 days and said that there is no possibility for recovery. Yesterday at 6 am we disconnected the ventilator and bring patient at home. But from last 18 hrs. His heart is working. Kindly suggest for further treatment as we are not able to take a decision. Presently we are located in Nipani District. Belgum Pl. Reply.
I am 25 years old. I have problem on my chest. Sometimes its paining on middle of chest. Please suggest me.
My mother is 64 years old .she has mouth ulcer and swollen lips .she applied candid mouth paint and had becosules syrup .but still she has problem. Moreover she is high BP patient and allergic to dust.
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure (HBP) is a long-term or chronic health condition where the pressure of the flow of blood is always high in the arteries. High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
1. Primary Hypertension - High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
2. Secondary Hypertension - Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Blood pressure depends on the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the radius of the blood vessels. The delicate balance can get disturbed due to a number of factors.
Primary hypertension may be caused by genetic factors. There are 35 identified genetic loci related to blood pressure. Mutations in these can cause chronic HBP. Other factors like maternal smoking, deficiency of vitamin D, deficiency of calcium, insufficient breast milk consumption also increase the risk of HBP.
Secondary hypertension is caused by a variety of conditions like hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism, nephritis, asthma, sleep apnea, depression, pregnancy etc. Overconsumption of caffeine, alcohol, sodium and illegal drugs may also be responsible for high blood pressure.
Hypertension may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Treatment and Prevention
Hypertension is a common condition, especially after the age of 40. Medication may help control severely high blood pressure to an extent but certain lifestyle changes go a long way in both preventing and treating the disorder. Some of them are:
1. Taking regular blood pressure readings after the age of 25. A normal blood pressure is not more than 120/80 mm Hg.
2. Obesity causes hypertension. A normal Body Mass Index of 30kg/sq. m. is to be maintained.
3. The daily diet should include at least 4 to 6 portions of fruits and vegetables.
4. Salt intake is to be limited.
5. Drinking and smoking are to be minimized.
6. Stress and burnout should be avoided.
Related Tip: High Blood Pressure and Sex?