Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 18 years old and from last 15 days my mensuration cycle going on I don't know what to do? please help.
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.
I have been married since aug 2015 and have been trying to conceive but no success. Sperm analysis shows volume of 2.5 mm; 65 million count and 40% motility. Sonography reveals a follicle. Everything else is normal.
I am having pain in my left breast from last 2 days. I can point out the pain. It ous Notre when I lie down. What could be the reason. I had done my blood tests last year. Everything is normal. By bp is between 120-130/70-75. I hope it's nothing serious.
I am 30 years old mother of 2, last pregnancy was 9 years back. Since Last 3 months my periods have become irregular and very very less bleeding, Periods come 5 to 8 days early every time and very less bleeding. No pain associated please assist.
My wife is 48 years old ,menopause period is on now , last one year no periods,is it safe to have sex now without contraception
Hello doctor. I got pregnant 3 months back. I am 28 years old. At 1.5 months I went for regular check up. Everything came normal except my TSH level which came out to be 5.57. I hvnt gone for thyroid test before. Doctor gave me 50 mg thyronorm to be taken daily as she termed it hypothyroidism. After one month when tests are done again, TSH came out to be 1.67 but anti TPO antibodies are present and 278. Please explain what does this mean? Do I hv to take medication life long? Does it have any harmful effects on my kids, am expecting twins. Doctor asked me to continue medication even after delivery. What that mean?
I am non vegetarian, I suffered from PCOD. I am gaining weight very heavily. I am 5'3 inches height Weight is 75. Please suggest me to loose weight by 15 kgs.
Every woman is different. So are her experiences of pregnancy. Not every woman has the same symptoms or even the same symptoms from one pregnancy to the next.
1. Fatigue - If you're suddenly exhausted, it might be a response to the increasing hormones in your body. Don't treat fatigue with excessive caffeine if there is a chance you may be pregnant.
2. Sensitivity to certain Smells – Certain pleasant or unpleasant smells can make you nauseous. If you're repulsed by certain smells, or have an increased sensitivity to odors.
3. Nausea and Vomiting – This is due to rising hormones levels in early pregnancy
4. Breast Tenderness – Tender and heavy-feeling breasts, darkening of the areolas and even more pronounced veins on your chest can be a first sign that you're pregnant. Get a well fitted bra to ease the discomfort
5. Frequent Urination – In early pregnancy the uterus grows and pushes on the bladder, triggering the urge to urinate more often.
6. Shortness of Breath - This is because you need extra oxygen due to the growing embryo
7. Spotting and Cramping – This is due to implantation of the fertilized egg to wall of the uterus. Is it PMS or pregnancy? It's hard to tell, but if you're feeling crampy, it might be your uterus stretching to get ready for a baby.
8. Mood swings- These are also related to changes in hormones
9. Constipation - The higher levels of the hormone progesterone can make you constipated. You swear you fit in your skinny jeans just last week. If you're feeling a little puffy or backed up, it might be extra progesterone due to pregnancy, which slows down your digestive system.
10. Late Period
Many of the early signs of pregnancy are also symptoms of PMS. How to tell the difference? The most telling clue yet will be a missed period. If your cycle is fairly regular and you're late, you should head to the drugstore for pregnancy test kit or a gynecologist
A pregnant woman could have all of these or maybe have only one or two. If any of these symptoms become bothersome, then visit your Gynecologist and Obstetrician for consultation.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
Dr. my friend she has irregular periods problem from 3 years is it a major problem she had a little hair on her face and she gaining weight she almost now 70 is any home remedies is there to get rid of this.
my periods are okay but i am not getting pregnent sice 3 months i used femilon tablets after advise of doctor is that is problem
I am 51yr old pre menopausal woman. I have a cervical polyp about 3cms long. I have been advised surgery. Are there any homeopathic or ayurvedic cures for this so that I do not have to go under the knife.
I noticed near about 2 and half year ego that when I was checking my both breast by hand pressure a milk type liquid comes out. Then I consult with gyanaecologist. He prescribed some blod test brain mri and found prolactine high. I also took thyroxine 50 mean the time. Doctor give cabgoline. 5 tablet once a weak and others. Then near about november 2014 I visited my Dr. And he said I am cure as the milk type liquid didnt come. But very recent I noticed the same problem again and I visit my doctor and he prescribed some blod test and usg of both breast. He found all the report ok. And prescribed cabgoline. 5 once a weak. I am afraid and totally confused. What I have to do next?
Health checkup before conceiving is important as a healthy mother is able to handle changes of pregnancy better. If there is any health problem, it should be evaluated and treated before pregnancy. Folic acid supplementation should be started 3 months before conceiving.