Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BelaYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I am 25 years old mother. I am having 2 years old daughter, she is not ready to eat food like dal-bhat and chapati. She eats with her mood. For health we are normally soaking 2 almonds at hall night and in the morning we are pealing almonds with milk and boiling the same until almonds get mixed very well. Twice in a week we are doing this. But is this ohk in this summer weather? Because of hot weather should we need to stop or having no problem. Please let me know doctor.
My son who is 16 year, Just completed 12 std exam has a frequent problem of mouth ulcer. He take only house food, but when ever we are on family vacation he has this problem. Constipation is there. We are using honey treatment, multivitamin and vyzilac tab as treatment for 3 days. He is also using kayam churna tablet for two days for smooth bowel. Kindly advice.
Hi doctor my son is 20 days old he is having continuous vomits after every feed. Do not no why he taking out I have consulted to pediatrician he recommended to use NEOPEPTINE drops, but there is no change. He is taking out milk out of mouth and nose and crying. He is needed with mother milk (breast milk) and also we are making a two hours gap in every feed. Please help me out with a good solution. Thanks a lot.
My 16 year old daughter has been complaining of headache and drowsiness for the last 2 weeks. The neuro physician prescribed sibelium at 8 PM daily and Naxdom as SOS. She could not attend school for 2 weeks. Yesterday, she attended school after a gap of 2 weeks. When she returned, she was not having headache, but after some time the headache returned. Even after taking 2 tablets of Naxdom yesterday and one tablet of Dolo today morning, the headache is not going. Her MRI, CT scan, skull xray done last year were normal. When she was around 2 years old, her head was hit by centre table while she was playing. In the skull x ray, this mark was visible. But she was completely fine all these days. Suddenly, headache has gripped her during last 2 weeks. Please help.
My child weight only 13 kg .he is picky eater. He does not like chapati ,vegetables .he likes only chocolate, milk,pizza and some nonvage food. He is very emotional and crying very easily. I giving him pediasure regularly from last 1 year but still no change in his weight. Please suggest me something .
I am 70 kgs 28 years old. I have thyroid problem and using medicine. I want to reduce my weight upto 20 kgs. What can I do? Any food chart please . Even I am feeding my 11 months baby .
Hi my baby is 7 month. He was having green slight runny stool 5 6 times a day. We consulted doctor and he asked for stool test and also prescribed lepicol probiotic capsules half at a time 2 times a day. Later when the stool test results came doc said its normal and to continue with probiotic for 6 days. Everything else is NIL in the result .But RBC is 0-1/hpf and pus cells is 1-2/hpf. So I am still concerned on this. Need second opinion on this. Pls help.
Hi, My 14 months baby is complaining pain in his left arm, above and below. He presses his arm gently and shows that he has pain there. My kind requests to Doctor, to suggest us why he is having pain there?
I am 3 months after delivery and am giving breastfeeding. Nowadays am feeling so tiredness during the time of feeding so please suggest some vitamins tablets for me continue with breast feed.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.