Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Bela KediaYour feedback matters!
If you like your food sweet, but worry about calories at the same time, chances are you are leaning towards artificial sweeteners to solve your dilemma. The market is flooded with artificial sweeteners, so how do you choose one? And what are their pros and cons?
Besides weight control, artificial sweeteners are also used by people suffering from diabetes. But there is a debate as to how safe artificial sweeteners are, for normal people and diabetics alike.
You get multiple choices from aspartame to sucralose, present in stores. However, it is better to be educated about their benefits and disadvantages.
The pros and cons of most popular sweeteners are as follows:
1. Saccharin: This sugar substitute has been in the market for the longest.
a) It has zero calories
b) It does not elevate the levels of blood sugar
c) 200-700 times sweeter than normal sugar
a) It is a possible carcinogen (substances that cause cancer)
b) There is also the danger of saccharin acting as an allergen (substances that cause allergy)
2. Aspartame: It is the most commonly used sugar substitute. Almost all the food items that boast of being sugar-free have aspartame in them.
a) 160-220 times sweeter than common sugar
b) A small amount goes a long way, so calorie intake is lesser
a) Headaches, depression and cancer have been linked to aspartame use
b) Increased hunger
3. Sucralose: This sugar substitute is derived from sugar itself. It is gradually becoming the most popularly used sweetener as it is found in almost all cooked or baked foods.
a) It is heat resistant, so it is used liberally in cooking and baking
b) It has very few calories
a) Weight gain is still possible
b) It has chlorine in it, which is a carcinogen
4. Neotame: This is a new invention and is chemically related to aspartame.
a) 7000 -13000 times sweeter than common sugar with zero calories
b) Apparently, it is safe for consumption for teens, children and even for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
a) There isn't enough research done on Neotame, therefore very little is known about it
b) Since its chemical composition is closer to aspartame, there is much controversy about "neotame" affecting people the same way as aspartame
I'm not well from past 3 days. It began with diarrhea in the morning that was on 29th June 2016. I went to office and it happened again. I got my periods at the same day and I started feeling feverish so I came back to home from office. I have lost my appetite. . I peed twice in 2 days and haven't pooped yet I got awful cramps on my stomach. I can't eat anytime and the last time I got fever was last night. I'm bleeding blackish or dark. It's not even red blood. I'm dying due to this pain. Please suggest something.
My wife have some time problem of white water flow at the urinal place will you please tell me what is its causes as well as it will be effect in future when she will be pregnant?
I am 25 years female, 3 months pregnant. I did an ultrasound a month before. Everything is normal apart from occasional pain in my abdomen and tightening of stomach. Doctor suggested me to take Vomilast to stop vomiting sensation and Macfolate for vitamin boost. I have not got time to visit doctor from last 15 days but have continued the medication. Shall I continue or change the medication or else If you could suggest some better medicines.
Sir ,Is there chance to make pregnancy after taken of I pills twice. I lover taken two times it after sex with .we want children's so please guide which medicines we suppose to use for my lover .please advise me.
Rathika had taken ipill even though she dint had intercourse n she got her next periods 3days late. And the Lybrate doctors had suggested to go for home pregnancy test and she tested 2 times after her periods with a gap of 1 week. And it was negative and the doctors told no worries about pregnancy but this month also she has not yet got her periods and the periods date was on 10th of this month.
I am planing for pregnancy can I use green tea 2 cups a day and 1 hour walk daly buz my weight is 75 and my age is 21.
As I am unmarried age approx 28 years I had sex sometimes with/without condoms but last 3-4 days I have itching in my vagina every time please suggest me what should I do for that.
Dear mam, I want to discuss my problem about conceive the baby. I am 30 yrs old. And have one child of five years with operation with no major complications. And now I want to conceive second baby. For which I tried for six months. But not successful. I am having pain in during mensuration cycle and flow of blood is less than normal. And feel like swelling. Is what type of problem I have ?
Hello doctor. I'm pregnant and aged 29 years with good physic condition. 6th month now. I am a HBV positive person with non reactive. Viral load level is very less. Now my fear is, can I try for normal delivery or shall I go with C-Section. If it is normal delivery, my baby may get small injury right? Where my blood may get transferred to them?
On around 10-13 days of my periods I noticed bloody vaginal discharge. It stopped later. But since few days I feel pain and discomfort in left side of my vagina. What can it be due to? I am unmarried.
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend on the 19th day from her periods. She took unwanted 72 after 16 hours. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Please help me.
Hi Doctor, I have query, My daughter has age @ 13, Now she is studying in class 8th. We are little bit more concern about her Menstruation start. Still she has not get start Menstruation. What are the basic problem to start late Menstruation. We are planing to go and concern to Dr.(Gynaec). But before we are know all, Can you please guide us.
Hello doctor. My period is 25 days late. I made a home pregnancy test and the result was negative. To be sure yesterday a went to clinic and have a lower abdominal test and it says that everything is normal. So am I pregnant? And what should I do to have my period.
Are you experiencing reduced libido along with intense dryness in your genitals? Loss of libido is a tough thing to cope with in women. In spite of having a great sex life, your vaginal area can become nonresponsive because of several reasons. You might not even know what is happening and the reasons which are causing the condition. These conditions are common in the menopause stage in women.
Reasons for decreased libido and vaginal dryness:
1. Several changes occur in a woman’s body during the menopause stage. The sex hormones, which include estrogen and progesterone start decreasing. This may lower your libido, cause vaginal dryness and affect your sex life to a great extent.
2. Testosterone is the sex hormone which turns you on or gets you into the mood for having sex. When the production of this hormone is insufficient, the urge for having sex gets affected and reaching an orgasm gets even harder.
3. The decrease in estrogen production causes several physical changes in a woman. The blood circulation to your sexual organs gets reduced, making you less sensitive to any kind of sexual stimulation. It also leads to vaginal dryness. The walls of the vagina also become thin due to which penetration may get painful.
Remedies for decreased libido
1. You should start practicing breathing exercises and do meditation for at least thirty minutes every day. This will enable you to eliminate stress, which is a primary trigger for decreased libido.
2. For balancing the estrogen levels, you should consume phytoestrogenic tea and supplements. Some important herbs which you should take include black cohosh, red clover and dong quai.
3. You should also consume aphrodisiac food items. Garlic is such a food item, which contains allicin and increases the blood flow to the vagina. Dark chocolate can also be taken.
Remedies for vaginal dryness
Several conventional vaginal lubricants may lead to irritation, infection and dryness of the vagina.
1. You should always use a natural lubricant, which is not associated with side effects and works effectively. Natural lubricants such as tea tree oil, coconut oil and vitamin E based oils provide effective vaginal lubrication. They also moisturize and repair the vagina.
2. You must keep fit and active. Regular cardio or yoga sessions will help with enhanced blood flow to your sexual organs, making you feel wet.
3. You should drink plenty of water and always stay hydrated in order to prevent dryness in the vagina.
Most importantly, it is a good idea to continue having sex. If you shy away and do not make any effort, the problem of decrease in libido will continue. Therefore, sex is the best way of encouraging your body. Proper communication with your partner is also necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had sex 2 days before nd took ipill unprotected sex There is a urge to urinate and my vulva burns but no urine comes out only one drop Why?
Protein is the key for muscle building; this will help you gain weight. Help yourself to nuts and dairy products.