Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BawaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 12 years old. She is an achondroplasia child having ARRESTED hydrocephalus from almost 5 years. She is suffering from stomach ache and vomiting from last 20 days and severe head reeling from last 7 days. On admitting at the nursing home on 8th jan, she was given with antibiotics, anti vomiting, antacid and mannitol. The doctors there were expecting it to be increased pressure ICT and asked for VP shunt or consulting neurosurgeon. On consulting to a senior neurosurgeon, he examined the eye movement, hand movement, touching nose, leg touching movements and rejected vp shunt procedure as it is an attested case of hydrocarbons as per comparison of 4 CT scan reports over last 5 years. Presently she is having severe and continued head reeling and occasional vomiting. Need proper guidance as shunt or etv is not a permanent solution.
My 3 months baby is on formula feed, HW much ml of milk shud be given to her for hw many hours? Sumtyms she taking 90 ml fr 3 hrs n 60 ml fr 3 hrs, she vomits sometimes, how to take care of formula feed baby.
My son having loose motion since 17 days (7 to 8 times. Doctor prescribed vibact dry syrup and said its viral diarrhea (milk allergy_mothers milk) but there is no sign of recovery. And baby is healthy and normal. Please give alternate syrup and how to overcome from this.
After delivering a baby on November 12,2015 my wife is suffering from cardiomyopathy as it was diagnosed by Dr. in the month of January, her initial EVF is 28% after taking medicine her EVF improved to40% but this time observed in reports her EVF is 38%.just wanted to understand why it Flickr. One more thing her weight also reduces to 46 kg from 52 kg ,bp is 110/60 and from 2- 3 days she is sneezing. Need to understand this behavior from subject experts, waiting for response.
My son who is 8 year old. If he drinks milk or take any food in the morning, he omits it. During day time whatever he eats he digests it properly. The problem occurs only early morning. Please suggest me what to do?
My baby is 25 days old and has 9.41 bilirubin. She took phototherapy two week before when level was 17.7 but it came down to 6 and now again is at 9.41.Should I stop breast feeding. Please suggest.
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1.Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
1. Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
2. Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.
Hi doctor. I have a daughter who is 3 months 20 days old. She cries a lot. As long as she is having milk she is quite but as soon as I remove the bottle she starts crying again. She is totally on formula feed as due to some medical reasons I can't breastfeed her. She gets hungry very soon. I m giving her nan pro 1 milk 5.5 ounces around 10 times a day. What should I do and how much milk should I give it to her? also once I start semi solid in sixth month, can I start some other milk which is less fatty like buffalo milk? pls help.
My baby girl is 2.5 month old and she is in formula feed but not taking enough feed and doing vomit once in a day. What should I do. Her birth weight was 2.75 and now she is 4.5. Her weight is enough or not?
Now my baby 6 month old. Now I take blood sugar level and thyroid test. Test result BLOOD GLUCOSE (F) Method: GOD-POD=113 mg/dl BLOOD GLUCOSE (PP) Method: GOD-POD= 145 mg/dl Thyroid FREE T3 Method :ECLIA=5.76 pg/ml. Ref. Val 2.38-4.37 FREE T4 Method: ECLIA = 18.68 pmol/L.Ref.val 12.40-20.40 TSH-ECLIA Method: ECLIA = 0.093 uIU/ml. Ref. Val 0.44-3.63 Pls explain this test result. Which tablet I take .doc said eltroxin 50 mg nly. And sugar tablet not prescribe.
Mera ek beta hai 1 sal ka kabhi kabhi wo rote rote saans rok leta hai or aankho ki putlian upar chhadh jati hain chehra neela pad jata hai lagbhag 1 minut bad use saans aata hai. Magar do din pahle aisa hua ki saans rokne ke bad use 2 minut saans nahi aaya shareer akad gaya or shareer me koi bhi harkat nahi rahi tab maine use munh me munh se hawa pump ki 4-5 der munh me hawa blow karne ke bad use saans aayi. Maine DCH Dr. se consult kia to unhone kaha ki chhote bachcho me aisa zid ki wajha se ho jata hai jaise bada hoga sab thik ho jayega. Mai ye jan na chahta hun ki aisa kyun hota hai or kya ye beemari hai? Agar beemari hai to iska ilaj kya hai?
My daughter aged 6 years suffering from epilepsy for four years since then after medical check up and test she is on valparine syrup without fail and she never had seizures after that as well. We were advised that the medicine will run for years. Should we continue with the same.
My daughter 9 yrs old. Having clief plate in mouth. Having fits problem since 2 months after birth. Her birth date is 14/2/2006. Now near about 4 years fits problem solved. But still she dosen't stand, walk or speak due to some minor neuro problem. What to do?
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.