Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Batuk DiyoraYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, Last 30 days I was suffering from very heavy migraine pain and very upset from this. After consulting from my doctor many test I had already done but still I suffered with same problem. Kindly help.
My mother is suffering from meningioma diagnosed before 1 week through MRI. But doctors said that it is not a problem because it is small and found in mri sometimes in everyone. Is it a serious case? Or need consulting another neuro surgeon? Thanks in advance She has severe headache frequently now a days Is this happening due to meningioma? Mri report as follows Extra axial mass lesion in the right occipital convexity and a broad base towards dura Subtle hyperintensity in the left putamen ischemic or metabolic etiosy.
Sir/madam my wife is suffering from restless leg sydrom. She was not sleeping last 4 night. Please help.
My age is 75 yrs with severe pain in back, has undergone hip bone surgery, osteoporiasis patient, chronic diabetic patient, suffering from bone & nerve pain. Please advise.
I am suffering from left side paralysis since 5 yrs. After getting auyvedic treatment now I can walk and healthy but still my left hand finger movements have not come, still iam under auyvedic treatment in kerala. Can you suggest me how to get back my left hand finger movements?
I had been suffering from trigeminal neuralgia since july 2012 and had been treated with oxcarbazepine (2 x 150 mg a day). My periods of less pain or near-remission increased and the frequency of attacks decreased over time. Over the last 4 months I have not had a single episode of pain and I have not been taking any medicines for tn for 3 months. There has been no pain at all. Is it correct to assume that I am now free of the ailment.
I am getting major head attacks at night. A major migrane attacks. Please suggest me a valid medicine to get rid of it.
As per consult doctor my wife has migraine problem so please give me suggestion and permanent treatment.
I am suffering from bells palsy. I mean my half face is lighter and upside as compared to other side. Can it be cured or not.
I am 23 years old suffering from migraine and my eyes are sensitive to light suggest me any medicine.
Hi sir, I am suffering from migraine headache from past 7 years. I use to smoke 5 cigarettes a day. But now I stopped smoking from 3 months. I am a cricket player I lost my stamina, endurance and consistency due to smoking. How I get my stamina back I will get thirde very soon. Is there any alternate to boost oxygen percentage in my body and how can make my lungs get queered soon.
I am 22 year old student. I am suffering from headache since 6 months. It is always be at left side of my head. During headache I feel vomiting, does not like light, does not like talking. Am I suffering from migraine? I.
My sister is suffering from sever migraine along with vomiting. What is the best solution for treating this?
Although surgery is considered to be the first step of treatment in any form of tumor but its feasibility depends upon the type, size and location of the tumor. It is not necessary that every kind of brain tumor might require surgery.
Indications of Brain Tumor Surgery
- Diagnosis of the type of tumor by taking a sample of the tumor for laboratory examination
- Complete resection of tumor
- Removal of the tumor as much as possible to slow down its growth and improve the symptoms.
- Remove the tumor in order to help other treatment
- Provide direct access for other forms of treatment like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- To relieve pressure caused by tumor on surrounding structures
Types of Brain Tumor Surgery
The different types of surgery that are performed in cases of brain tumor include the following:
1. Craniotomy: Craniotomy is the most commonly performed procedure to remove brain tumor along with a piece of bone. The removed bone is replaced and the tumor is sent for histopathology (biopsy). The surgery is performed using a high end microscope by any of the following techniques:
- Extended bifrontal craniotomy
- "Eyebrow" craniotomy (supra-orbital craniotomy)
- "Keyhole" craniotomy (retro-sigmoid craniotomy)
- Orbitozygomatic craniotomy
- Translabyrinthine craniotomy
2. Shunt: A narrow piece of flexible tube with a pressure regulated valve in between is called a shunt. This is used to relieve the intracranial pressure caused by obstruction of the natural brain fluid (CSF) pathway by tumor mass. The procedure involves insertion of a drainage system into the brain to remove or drain excess of blocked fluid into the peritoneal cavity.
3. Stereotactic surgery: This surgery is done by creating a three-dimensional image called stereotaxy using computers. It aims to find out the location and position of the tumor. In fact it can also be done to aid tumor removal, implant radiation pellets or for other treatments.
4. Embolization: It is a procedure used to reduce the amount of blood supply to a tumor by blocking the blood flow in the selected arteries. It is generally performed before the main surgery.
Endoscopy and endoscope assisted surgery: Endoscope is the tool which helps to closely visualize the tissue through small openings in difficult to reach areas. This tool can be used in various brain surgeries to precisely reach the target location without damaging the adjacent structures.
Adjuvant modalities to improve outcome: In addition to above mentioned surgeries, following surgeries may also be performed in relation to brain tumor treatment:
- Laser surgery
- Photodynamic laser surgery
- Ultrasonic aspiration
- Fluorescent-guided surgery
- Electrophysiological monitoring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.