Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Bapuji SavanthYour feedback matters!
I am a 38 years old female from past 3 months I am undergoing a condition where my heart palpitates too much at a couple of times my heart beat went up to the rate of 170-180 /min and I was hospitalized, addition to this I have some sort of internal pain in my right arm which is not constant at a single place rather keeps changing position and I do feel numbness and pain in my smallest finger. Addition to this I am having gastric condition too, I have consulted and underwent medication referred by various specialist doctors and undergone number of clinical tests (all reports have been normal) but all efforts in vain. Doctors have not been able to diagnose the cause for all this and have been saying that all this is because of stress conditions and psychological. I request you to please help me and guide me as to what should I do to improve my condition as I am living my life under tremendous fear that due to these palpitation / high increase of heart beat might lead to a heart failure condition.
Insomnia going through regular on my sleep and stress myself and I am not able to sleepy in nights and usually 10 pm to 1 am or 2.30 or sometimes 12. 30 am and some nights wake up this I could not continue my sleep any more.
I have a daughter with cerebral palsy and the Dr. said he will treat with drug please need opinion because right noe daughter can not walk, stand on her feet or weight, talk, can not grab anything with her hands or used her hand to feed her self. She is 5 years old.
My mom was affected with SAH and later got affected by vasospasm. Right side is paralysed. Latest CT report shows that there is a hydrocephalus formation. Doctor is advising for a surgery. My Question is that we do not have a reclining bed at home and we are giving food through a rayls tube and she is always lying down even when we are feeding her. Does this affect in any way?
As doc said I was suffering from GB syndrome. But I was cured with physiotherapy and wid no medicines. But I feel impact still left. I have shivering hand. Though I hv strength but I hv severing hand mean it shakes a lot. Feel very awakwered. Is dear anywhere out to cure it?
My son is 26 years old. His brain was declined and was operated at Hospital before 4 years. After operation he is unable to walk without support. He is doing physiotherapy everyday. Still he has not recovered. What should I do? Is second operation required? As per doctors consulted, not to go for second operation as it is not assured that he will start walking.
She has numbness in palms and feet at night while sleeping? What is the reason for it? Is there any solution for it?
I am 22 year girl firstly I was experiencing tremor than I feeling somewhat kind of little dizziness is it parkinson.
My mother had a brain tumor and she do many works as well. Is she has to take bed rest all day or she can. Work!
I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION MANY TIMES; NOREPLYHOMEO MEDICINE REQUIRED FOR INSOMNIA TOSLEEP SOUNDLY FOR 6-8 HOURScmkr27@yahoo. Com.
Respected Dr, I am posting my wife details as she is under treatment to psychiatrist, she is under treatment since june-2014. We got married in the month of november 2008 she got this problem after miscarriage of six month pregnancy which was unfortunate miscarriage. Before this she got two miscarriage first in the year 2010 at the third month of pregnancy it was ectopic second in the 2012 same at the third month but not ectopic and last in the year 2013. Her blood group is o positive. She has problem of epilepsy too for which she was under treatment before marriage and after marriage too she was taking valpro cr-200 under consultanty to Dr. Shashendra saxena- neurologist. All the report and test related to pregnancy are normal. Under any of the she is normal but whenever there is change in medicine she get epilepsy problem my and her age is 42 years we want a healthy baby I came to know about doon nursing home the it has both psychiatrist and gyno so I got some hope for getting both the treatment at same place which may be helpful by gods blessing and yours kind advice. At a time my wife is taking pyne-50 and colna-0.25 and during taking these medicine she is not having any problem as psychological or epilepsy. Now please give me yours kind advice about hope of of healthy pregnancy without any problem and treatment neuro or psychological problem.
Hi. My mom is feeling partial numbness (or whatever you call it in medical terms) in hands. (It is just like when someone's hand or any other body part is pressed for a long time and the blood circulation stops. Then you feel that numbness.) It happens after doing a lot of work. Is it just a weakness or some other kind of problem? Help me plz.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer�s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I have severe migraine from the past 20 years. Now my age is 58 what can I do now please suggest me.
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headache of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to consult your doctor at the earliest and start medication.