Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bapat
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BapatYour feedback matters!
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Mam mera period 25 din par aa jata hai is baar 9 ka date tha aj 9 hai par ni aya av tak maine 9 ko hi check kiya prega news me to 2 line show kar raha hai ek dark pink hai ek light pink hai to kya mai pregnent hu mam?
I am having tingling sensation and numbness in my hands n fingers since a day, it has been often since two months. Having hashimoto thyroiditis. I am taking 125micromg eltroxin tab. Recent tsh was 9.3. What is the reason behind this weakness and tingling sensation of hands and fingers that persists for long. Together with this I feel drowsy also, sum times. CBC, ESR, create, URINE TEST, ANA TEST all are Normal.
I am 44 years old lady not yet conceive, trying but fail, please suggest medicines and other treatment for natural. For me and my husband.
We married before six months but first time Today morning After sex blood of my wife come from her private part. What can be reason of this? Is this symptoms of pregnancy. Or any other reason. Due date of my wife periods is 8 June.
I married before one year my wife was preagnant after one mounth of our marrige and aftet a week she was bleeding we gone to docter doc was suggest for abbort now its one year my wife wants to pragnant again but she is not consiving pregnacy so pease doc suggest some thing for this.
There has been a long buildup of myths about connections between masturbation and the menstrual cycle. All through the ages, cultures have often frowned over masturbation and have discouraged it; as it happens, female masturbation has been discouraged by citing the idea that masturbation and menstruation are somehow connected and that the former has a harmful influence over the latter.
Does Masturbation really affect the Menstrual Cycle?
The clear answer to this is NO. Menstruation is definitely not affected in any way by masturbation let alone resulting in any health issues.
Is it safe to masturbate during periods?
It is perfectly safe and might even be beneficial for you. In fact, masturbation helps in relieving painful cramps during periods. Moreover, there is no proof associated with the concept that masturbating during periods is unsafe.
Bleeding after Masturbating
It does not happen commonly, but even if you see yourself bleeding after masturbating, there is no need for panicking thinking that masturbation has led to the bleeding. During masturbation, the cervix, vagina and the uterus experience an increase in blood flow. So, if you're using a sex toy probably too hard or if you go for deeper penetration with sharp or jagged fingernails, then that can in some cases lead to a small amount of bleeding. In all cases, a gentler touch might go a long way in avoiding bleeding.
Does Masturbation Delay your periods?
No, it doesn't. Masturbation has no influence on the timing of periods. If there is any irregularity, then it is possibly due to hormonal imbalance.