Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BapatYour feedback matters!
Exercise atleast 30 minutes everyday depending upon your age and weight. Get some help from an expert to suggest best activity for you.
There are many reasons leading to infertility, but one of the main causes is the inability of the sperm to travel all the way up to the uterus to fertilize an egg. This is caused by defective sperms and could be due to poor sperm quality, poor motility, etc. There are multiple reasons for this, and even smoking, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, etc. could be reasons.
Many technical advancements in fertility treatments are being done, and they try to keep the natural process of fertilization intact, at the same time improving the chances of success. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI, often used as a standalone term iksee) improves the rate of fertilization in that the sperm is directly injected into the egg. The environment of this artificial fertilization is completely controlled, and the fertilized egg is then placed into the womb for further growth. It is one of the recent methods of improving fertility, a part of ART (assisted reproductive technology).
Poor sperm perms motility
Semen where sperm concentration is low
Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
Poor sperm quality, with sluggish sperms
Ejaculation issues, such as retrograde ejaculation (semen is ejected into the bladder)
Useful in couples who have failed IVF.
What to expect?
The following outlines some of the steps for both male and female before and during the procedure.
Before the procedure - males:
First step is the sperm collection; a screening is first done
Sperms collection happens through either masturbation or directly from the testicles via a small incision
Sperms could be collected fresh or collected and frozen for later use
Before the procedure – women:
In the normal menstrual cycle, only a single egg is released. However, prior to ICSI, the woman is given ovulation drugs, which are high-dose hormone injections prior to ovulation. This ensures multiple eggs are released, which are then retrieved for fertilization in the external environment.
Blood and urine are monitored regularly to identify the ovulation time, and eggs are collected within 24 to 36 hours of release
During the procedure - How ICSI happens:
A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass tube, and a sperm is introduced to ensure fertilization
This could be repeated in multiple tubes, and the most healthy one could be chosen to be implanted into the uterus
Some of the fertilized ones could be frozen for later use, in case the implanted embryo fails to grow as expected
The success rate for this procedure is quite high as the fertilization rate is almost 80 - 85 %
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
How to periods come fastest. When periods was missed. Which medicine take to periods come faster plsssss.
Respected doctor. Actually I had unprotected sex on 3rd nd had taken unwanted 72pill on that day. I again had sex after 10 days i.e. Today on 13th. So can I take unwanted 72? Will it cause any harm if taken in an interval of 10 days. please help. Will b highly grateful for an early response.
My friend did sex intercourse without protection about 2 weeks ago. & she also taken unwanted-72 pill within 24 hours but he didn't got period today. Actually today was the regular monthly date of her period. She didn't felling anything like pregnancy. No symptoms but still worrying. Is it normal?
I'm 30 years old and mother of a 5 year old child. My problem is pcos. I never had regular periods since from the time of my puberty. But I conceived my son naturally and had a normal delivery. Pcos never annoyed me except the long gap between periods, which sometimes lasted even to 6 months. I'm not obese. My height is 154 cm and weight is around 52 kg. But for the last two years I developed severe acne and hair fall problems. I had a very clean smooth skin before. Now it's like a skin disease. I'm very much depressed of my appearance. I consulted a few DRs, but all are considering the reproductive part of pcos. The last Dr. gave me normoz tablets and I'm having it for the last 40 days, but there is no significant change. I even feel embarrassed to go outside because of my appearance. Please suggest me a proper solution.
Honourable doctor,I suffered vaginal tear after the delivery of children. I have done an operation and now i would like to again use V-Tight gel to regain the originality. is advisable to use it after an operation?
Everyday you’ll hear about a new fancy ‘superfood’ that you absolutely must include in your daily diet. Some would ask you to gorge on goji berries, while some would advise bingeing on bee pollen (!). All this can get a little overwhelming for the average Indian individual. The good news is that there are certain everyday superfoods you can get from your local mandi.
Here are six of them you easily could and absolutely should include in your cart to guarantee a healthier and longer life without burning a hole in your wallet at an expensive gourmet store.
1. Carrots: Carrots are your best source for a healthy intake of Vitamin C, beta-carotene (Vitamin A), magnesium, potassium, and other antioxidants that are essential for the functioning of your immune system. Plus the good thing about carrots is you can have them anyway you want - so sauté them as a part of your mixed vegetables or feast on your favourite 'gajar ka halwa.' The choice is yours. One raw carrot a day is ideal.
2. Coconuts: An excellent source of essential fatty acids, raw coconuts are equipped with quite a few health benefits. They are anti-microbial food and natural hormone boosters. The other good thing about them- they don't add to your weight. Coconut fat is used by the liver for the production of energy, thereby keeping your weight in check. Raw coconut shreds, raw coconut butter and coconut flour are the forms in which you should consume this superfood. Although if you’re already obese, you should avoid consuming coconut as it has a high calorie and saturated fat content.
3. Apples: 'An apple a day, keeps the doctor away' did not become so popular without cause. High quantities of pectin, potassium and Vitamin C make it a superfood you just can't ignore. Apples are known to keep your heart healthy, lower your cholesterol and body weight and improve your mood. Plus, they keep you fuller for a longer time than unhealthy processed junk food. A fun fact you must know- the tarter the apple, the better it is for you as it contains more antioxidants. 3 apples a day are good to keep you healthy always.
4. Bananas: The superpower of bananas lies in its tryptophan content. Tryptophan is an amino acid that converts to serotonin. Serotonin is a brain neurotransmitter that improves your mood, so you should be sure to add it to your grocery list next time. Potassium and Vitamins B and C further make it a superfood you must try. Have it raw or make a smoothie for yourself to enjoy its benefits. Just like apples, 3 bananas a day are good enough.
5. Dark Chocolate: At the end of a hard day, it is important to treat yourself. So why not go for a healthy dose of dark chocolate? Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, and is currently creating buzz in the medical world that it might be helpful in preventing cardiovascular disease. Do you need more reason to indulge?
A word of caution: Be careful with your consumption of dark chocolate, specifically if you suffer from cardiac disorders or have a high cholesterol. Its high calorie content is not good for those who are overweight either. It is advisable to have no more than 100 gms of dark chocolate in a day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.