Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. BalasubramaniamYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering with viral or bacterial infection in her eye as diagnosed by an eye doctor. She was prescribed moxifloxacin eye drop 1 hour once. She is using the drops from past 2 days, even though her pain and swelling near the eye have not reduced and she has continuous watery discharge from her eye. And her pain increases intensity increases.
I work on computer around 12 to 15 hours daily. So there come tears from my eyes however as I the doctor said my eyes are fine. Its 6/6. So in this situation is there something which can help me?
Is there any difference between an Indian foldable lens and Imported lens? Because my grandma is about to undergo an eye surgery and the hospital asked us to select the type of lens. So,could you please help us with your answers as soon as possible. Waiting for a hopeful answers.
I got eye lasik laser before 1 year. Now my eyes are itchy . Sometimes it feel red like tomato after itchy. What is solution ?
She is 4 month baby. Having capillary hemangioma in right eye. It can be treated by medicines or a lasik is required immediately?
I am feeling irritation with light. I think I have photofobia. My eyes are feeling irritation. Give some advice to cure the same.
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.
Is there any other way to treat myopic eyes without the use of glasses or lenses? I don't like to wear glasses.
1) Can visual impairment in only one eye cause lazy eye? 2) when I cover my one eye and see only with right eye then I see thing blurred (not too much but it is noticeable) can this be normal. Can this lead to lazy eye?
I have son 3 & half year old. He is very weak & before 2 years back his eye sight is going to weak Dr. Advise me wear specs number of 6+ at omprakash eye institute amritsar please give me any advice regarding this.
How can I remove my eyebug which is so dark and my eyes become so small? please tell me the solution.
Dear sir/ ma'am Me and my sister both are partially albino. Although my power is fine. Her eye power is pretty high. Could you suggest anything to cure this? Any operation or exercise or anything?
DIABETES AND THE RETINA! How can people with diabetes protect their vision?
The IMPORTANCE of early treatment
Although a person's vision may be good, changes taking place in the retina may require treatment. Most sight loss due to diabetes is preventable if treated early. The earlier the treatment is given the more effective it is.
In a nutshell: Early diagnosis is vital.
Annual retinal screening appointment is quintessential.
Worsening of vision may not necessarily mean diabetic retinopathy. It may simply be a problem that can be rectified with glasses.
Vision lost to diabetic retinopathy is sometimes irreversible. Women with diabetes who become pregnant should have a comprehensive dilated eye exam as soon as possible. Additional exams during pregnancy may be needed.
Multiple studies have shown that controlling diabetes slows the onset and worsening of diabetic retinopathy. Other trials have also demonstrated that controlling elevated blood pressure and cholesterol can reduce the risk of vision loss among people with diabetes.
Treatment for diabetic retinopathy is often delayed until it starts to progress to a complicated or irreversible stage. Comprehensive frequent dilated eye exams are needed more frequently as diabetic retinopathy becomes more severe. People with a high risk of developing complications may need a comprehensive dilated eye exam as often as every month.
To summarize, early diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy is important.
Don't wait for the vision to deteriorate to have an eye test.
Inform your eye specialist in case you notice changes to your vision.
Feel free to ask questions or express fears about your treatment.
Strict control of sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol reduce the risk of diabetes-related sight loss.
Smoking increases your risk of diabetes-related sight loss.