Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bakarali Kadiwala
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Bakarali KadiwalaYour feedback matters!
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.
Am having heavy sugar that is around 218 before food and 514 after food. After the checkup kidney and eyes are working properly. Please sujjest some diets which can be done for me.
Hello sir, I am 25 years male, working computer related work in 8 hours. So lot of trouble in back pain & eye problems.
This is my future wife basic information she is having eye pain her parents took her to hospital their they checked and told that she is having some problems in nerves due to that her eye is affecting for that they gave the tablet GLOEYE but she is not taking that can I know what are the problems will come in future wat are the root cause to cure that and she is working in IT company using laptop anytime. Please reply.
Good morning all of you Sir I am one problem of solution of eyesir my brother of eye in alearge. Sir please solution of alearge. Thinks sir.
I am 21 year old male. Last two days my right eye becomes reddish and feeling itchiness and blurring vision. Left eye vision normal. But itchiness also felt. My right become more reddish color. Severe irritation. I use some eye drops. Still pain is severe. Red eye present. And small growth present on nasal side of right eye. It gives some foreign body sensation. It causes me any severe problem like vision loss. What is best treatment of this? What can I do?
Iam suffering from hemifacial spasm at left side face under eye. Doctors are advised me to take surgery. The eye is twisting always. Sometimes are normal.
meri eyes in a right and left side 1-1 numbers he ise kam kar ne ka Koi tari ka he?. And kya eyes me dabur" rose water" ki drops Dal ne Se Koi side effects hote h? Please answer me.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision
Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle
Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes
Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
3. Allergic reactions