Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Bakarali KadiwalaYour feedback matters!
My father is of age 75 years , has fluctuating B.P and blood sugar. He is on medicine. Yesterday , suddenly he went blank, heaviness in head, darkness in sight and as if he lost his memory. His body became heavy. He recovered slowly in a day but today again he is facing the same problem. What can be the problem? Any emergency issue, should we admit him?
I am almost 27 years old, male. I got LASIK done about 1.5 years back. Post the surgery, I'v always had some problem or the other with my eyes. I have on many many occasions felt one of my eyes had become smaller. I also had an eye infection soon after my LASIK but was it had not relation with that. I'v had difficulty watching movies in theatre/laptop most of the times. On and off, after consulting the doctor I have taken tear lubricants. This problem is especially severe in winter, I think. Now, since the past 2.5 months the problem has been increasing. Now I have immediate dry eyes while using laptop, tv or driving. Even if I use the lubricant five minutes before I sit down infant of the laptop, I get uncomfortable within minutes. One side of my heads starts to get strained, and it reaches the back of my head. This stress in my head then lasts for a while even if I don't strain my eyes. I have also been taking omega-3. I generally drink decent amount of water as well. I am also finding it very difficult to capture everything in front of me, which causes difficulty in driving/watching tv. Also, please note there have been days where I did not use laptop/tv/drive, but even then I get the strain in my head by evening. I have difficulty looking at people after a few seconds, and eventually become so cripple by night that I have to go to bed. As the evening progresses, so does my need to use the lubricant. What can be done?
My mother has glaucoma from 2.5 years in one eye. She has no vision left in the left eye at all but goes through extreme pain in that eye. The eye's pressure has increased to 57 which is very high, hence a diode laser is recommended to her. Is it worth doing and will it have any other side effects?
Recently there is a problem in my eye at times I could not see some colours. Is there chance of colour blindness?
I am 26 .I am married for 2 years. We did unprotected sex for 2 years. I did not take any precautions nor did he. Usually he used to bring out his thing at the time of discharge. I dint get pregnant anytime. Now as I want to conceive, I thought to consult a doctor for dos and do nots. But the doc, much to my irritation, only asked weather I take any precaution or not. She told me it is worrisome how you hvnt conceived yet if also your husband does not discharge within you. She has told me to do some test. So I want to ask is it really a danger?
Am 29 years old female and I have dandruff problem in my eyelashes. It is very itchy. I washed it with baby shampoo but it seems no result. And there is one small lumps on my right eyelid since last 2 yrs. I already showed to the doctors and they just suggested me to compress with warm water but it did not work. What should I do?
My eyes I paining daily By this I m suffering from head ache also recommend me something very good to cure this pain And tell me why my eyes are paining daily.
I am 25 years old and I am facing issues with my eyes from couple of weeks. I am unable to view farther things clearly which was not the case before. I am having trouble to work continuously in front of the computer. Since I am a software engineer, I have no option to stay away from computer. What measures will be suggested to keep a clear vision and healthy eyes?
I work as software engineer and I sit in fort of system for long hours how can I give rest to my eyes?
Monsoon brings joy as you say goodbye to summer – and your sunglasses (remember, they also protect your eyes from infection). Monsoons bring with them an army of infections that cause eye pain and discomfort, so don’t ignore your eye health this monsoon. Viral infections are known to thrive and spread during rains due to increased moisture in the air.
Proper eye care should become a priority during monsoons to help protect from infections like conjunctivitis, stye, dry eyes and corneal ulcers which can lead to blindness.
Here are some of the precautions you can take during monsoons to maintain good eye health.
- Precautions are usually based on hygiene. Avoid touching your eyes with dirty hands.
- Ask your children to not touch their eyes.
- If you (or someone around you) suspect you’ve got or are getting conjunctivitis, wash your eyes gently and use a cold compress. The best thing would be to see a doctor.
- If someone at home is down with conjunctivitis, wash your hands after administering drops.
- Redness, irritation & itching are common monsoon-related problems, especially after too much reading, long hours at the computer or watching too much television, and most hospitals treat such problems with lubricating eye drops. However, if you have such a problem, don’t self-medicate – ask a doctor.
- Avoid sharing your towel and similar personal items with others, because infections mostly spread through hands, clothes and other commonly touched items.
- Stye is a common eye infection that occurs during monsoons, and is caused due to bacteria. It manifests as a painful lump along the eyelid, and is normally treated with the help of a warm compress, though a visit to the doctor is highly recommended.
- In case of red eye, avoid over-the-counter eye drops as they may contain steroids which can be harmful, and seek expert advice. Also avoid using contact lens during this period.
- Wearing glasses when travelling helps.
- Avoid roadside food.
- Always wash your hands after coming from outside.
- Try to keep children away from puddles and waterlogged areas. Children often like to have fun in or around such places but they are highly bacteria prone.