Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Babita Kunal PalkeYour feedback matters!
I have one month baby. She is on breast feeding. Last two days am feeling much pain on my left breast. Nipple is swelling and when she sucks it hurts much. A red spot is also seen beside the brown circle. What should I do?
Mint or pudina is a herb that is synonymous to freshness. Use it for seasoning your salad, adding it to your cup of tea or grind it finely to cook 'pudina ki chutney', mint can bring that extra zing and unique flavour to almost anything you cook, making you salivate every single time. But apart from its dressing and seasoning value for various recipes you cook, you should also know the numerous health benefits it offers.
Diabetes is one of the most common problems that are caused by obesity, unhealthy and inactive lifestyle. It is a metabolic disorder in which the body is unable to store and use energy from food. Being physically inactive and eating unhealthy food are primary causes of diabetes. It is a long term condition, which causes high or unstable blood sugar levels in the body.
When a patient suffers from low blood sugar it is called Hypoglycemia and if the blood sugar levels are too high, it is called Hyperglycemia. Both are extremely harmful for a patient.
Type 1 and Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes:
In Type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. The condition has no known cure and is usually hereditary in nature. Approximately 10% of those suffering from diabetes have Type 1 diabetes. Patients with Type 1 diabetes have to take regular medication, including insulin injections as well as take care of their diet.
Type 2 diabetes happens when the body does not produce enough insulin for its proper functioning. 90% of all diabetic people suffer from Type 2 diabetes. It is usually caused by poor lifestyle choices, like physical inactivity and unhealthy food habits. The disease lasts a lifetime and is usually progressive in nature, but can be managed by taking regular medication, choosing an active lifestyle and maintaining proper body weight.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. This has to be managed by taking medication or in extreme cases insulin shots. If undetected or untreated, gestational diabetes increases complications during childbirth, and causes unusual weight gain in the baby. However, gestational diabetes usually ends after the baby is born and women can go back to their normal lifestyle and eating habits post delivery.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent urination
- Extreme hunger or thirst
- Weight loss
- Problems with vision
- Tingling or numbness of the extremities.
- Unexplained fatigue
- Dry skin
- Cuts or sores that heal slowly
- High number of infections
Who is at greatest risk for developing diabetes?
- are 45 or over
- are overweight
- are habitually physically inactive
- have previously been identified as having IFG (impaired fasting glucose) or IGT (impaired glucose tolerance)
- have a family history of diabetes
- are members of certain ethnic groups (including Asian American, African American, Hispanic American, and Native American)
- have had gestational diabetes or have given birth to a child weighing more than 9 pounds
- have elevated blood pressure
- have an HDL cholesterol level (the good cholesterol) below 35 mg/dl and/or a triglyceride level above 250 mg/dl
- have polycystic ovary syndrome
- have a history of vascular disease
What is pre-diabetes?
Pre-diabetes is a condition of elevated blood glucose level that has not yet reached a diabetic level. Along with insulin resistance, pre-diabetes causes no symptoms. An individual may be pre-diabetic for years without knowing it. Pre-diabetes increases your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Weight loss and exercise may halt the onset of diabetes from pre-diabetes by returning blood glucose levels to a normal range.
I am 30 year old lady had miscarriage in jan dnc was done for cleaning now trying to conceive from last 2 months what should I do?
Sleep is one such time when people usually are expected to lie down still and get rest. However, we have all heard of sleepwalking, a condition where a person walks during the sleep. Though it may sound strange, there is a deeper explanation for it both from a causative point of view and from managing it.
Things you should know?
- Sleepwalking happens when a person moves back from a deep sleep to a light sleep or awakening state.
- The person who is sleepwalking is usually not aware of it.
- Activities may range from simply getting up and sitting up in bed to walking around the room. They could also open the door and walk out to the neighbourhood. Moving furniture, changing dresses or driving a car, may also be some of the actions Most of these activities happens completely without their knowledge.
- Mostly happens in children up to the age of 12, but can be seen in adults also, where it assumes a more severe form.
- The person who is sleepwalking has a fixed stare with glassy eyes. They may appear dazed and lost when they are awakened.
- They may not respond when they are actually sleepwalking, or respond very slowly
- They can be brought back to bed and put back to sleep without being disturbed. Most children would go back to sleeping when this is done
- Though the parents can be very worried when they see children sleepwalking, reassurance is required, as it usually disappears as they cross teenage.
- There could be chances of small injury like tripping or fall during the sleepwalking episode
- Sleepwalkers may be more restless compared to other children during their waking hours
- Bedwetting is also quite common in children who sleepwalk
- Inappropriate sleep pattern with lack of sleep for prolonged periods is one of the main reasons for sleepwalking
- Excessive drinking
- Medical conditions like heart rhythm problems, acidity, gastric reflux, and seizures
- Psychiatric conditions like panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder can also lead to sleepwalking
- For a parent to see their child walking around in their sleep can be quite disturbing.
- Reassurance is required stating that it is just a temporary phase and will not stay beyond the teenage years
- Most people do not require any intervention unless accompanied by severe symptoms like going out of the house or driving
- Once established, it is advisable to avoid by not drinking too much alcohol, avoiding stress and anxiety and taking precautions like extra-secure locks to prevent sleepwalking and/or other side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Hello, Can anyone provide me detail information on photo science double stem cell and what kind of health issues can be solved with double stem cell with any side effects. Thanks.
Hyperacidity, psoriasis, migraine, ibs, chronic fatigue are some examples of stress induced disease.
Along with medicines patients should learn to manage stress. Improving self awareness is first step of it. Mindfulness meditation is very useful to improve self awareness. Because of this awareness person can choose thought to ponder or to ignore. It is important learning.
Irrational thoughts are the main culprit for our anxiety and stress. Mindfulness helps to slow down internal clutter. Mindful walking. Mindful eating changes default mode of our brain. Our brain is always thinking. It is similar to computer. If there are too many files opened simultaneously the computer will get slowed and crashed. You should scan it and close some open files. Similarly our brain is stressed due to continuous thinking.
Meditation helps to shut down some files in our brain for some time. Five to ten minutes of meditation will revitalize your brain.
Meditation is non religious. Anyone can learn it and experience it's benefits by one month regular practice. There are many research papers published worldwide on effects of meditation. Dr. Herbert benson from howard university named it as relaxation response. He found that meditation is helpful on many stress induced disease. Meditation can be learned by online coaching. There is no need to meet so called spiritual or religious guru. It is better to learn it from doctor because he can synergistically teach meditation with psychotherapy.
I'm a 40 years old man, married and had a 6 years old girl, it has been for 7 years for our married life and expecting to have one more child to our life. My wife have got pregnant 2 times but there two times my went abortion. Please help me doctor.
Hi Dr. My daughter is of 14+ n during periods she suffer from heaving bleeding plzz give sm suggestion she had bleeding for 7 DayS. please tell me something she can't take medicine also because it affects a lot during periods. So Dr. please help me.
According to ayurveda the body is said to be composed of the 7 dhatus i.e rasa(fliud), rakta(blood), mamsa (muscles), meda(fat), asthi(bones), majja(marrow) and sukra (semen).
*comparison are made just to explain theoretically, else they are far different things.
Sukra dhatu is present in both males and females , hence don't confuse it with sperms or seminal fluid .
Sukra dhatu is the last dhatu to be made after all 7 dhatus in body,
Hence, we can say sukra dhatu is essence of all the dhatus , it is well spreaded all through the body.
The sukra dhatu according to modern concepts can be understood as the sexual power, the ejaculation , the erectile strength , the quality of sperms , the semen or we can say overall reproductive strength of the person
A common lifestyle disorder of sukra dhatu is sukra Kshaya or loss of sukra dhatu , this includes common symptoms such as loss of erection, premature ejaculation, weakening of muscles, wrinkling of skin , whitening of hair , fatigue , loss of concentration power etc .
A proper care of diet and lifestyle is necessary to maintain healthy sukra dhatu.
Now to improve the dhatu:
- Take milk on daily basis ..milk and milk products are best for sukra dhatu ...
- Milk added with grinded almonds and pista have a good result...
- Ashwagandha powder has best results on sukra dhatu in males and for females shatavri powder has a great effect the powder can be taken with hot milk ...
- Fruits like dates , mangoes , fig, almonds , custard Apple ,strawberry , Apple , nuts , almonds , cashew etc have a positive result in improving sexual power .
- Vegies like spinach , cucumber , sweet potato , pumpkin seeds also boost sexual power..
- Fish especially tuna fish , lobster , egg yolk also increase the sukra dhatu...
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.