Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Babita K.PatkeYour feedback matters!
Me an my wife had unprotected sex yesterday, and planning to take i-pill. But we have few questions: What will happen after taking the pill, will periods start? What happens to menstrual cycle? This moth she already had her periods and after taking the pill again her will start so what will happen in next month? Any side effects if taken once?
Pregnancy brings with it many changes, such as physical and emotional. On one hand, you are changing your appearance completely as a person. On the other, your hormones are playing havoc and you are not sure if you are feeling happy, sad, confused, anger all at the same time or within short timespan. There could also be forgetfulness in some women.
It is not just you, but people around you also who are not sure how to manage this, especially your partner, who needs to be explained why this is happening. If you already have a child, don't be surprised if the first child feels very nervous and anxious about your mood swings.
However, good news is that these mood swings settle down and can be managed with a little bit of conscious effort. It is generally noted that the mood swings are worst in the first trimester and settle down gradually during the second trimester onwards. Women are more in control of their emotions and feelings. Though you may not voice it out, there are many concerns going on in your head with your pregnancy and these definitely make you anxious. As your due date nears, expect a surge in your anxiety/fear levels.
Simple methods to deal with mood swings:
- Talk it out: Whether your concern is, if your baby will be healthy or how will you manage finances, the best option is to discuss with your spouse about the same. You could also find support with close friends and relatives. Look for online support groups or from friends from your doctor's clinic you will find that everybody lends an ear and shoulder to support you.
- Rest: Pregnancy is extremely tiring physically and fatigue adds to your irritability. As it also plays with your regular sleep patterns, try and get as much rest and sleep for shorter durations whenever possible. If you are working, discuss with your boss to be able to take breaks.
- Exercise: Consult with your doctor and make sure you follow an exercise regime tailored for you. This not only reduces fatigue but makes you more active and less irritable.
- Nutrition: While you have your cravings, ensure you eat a healthy balanced diet. This not only contributes to physical well-being but also your emotional health.
- Socialize: Try and make new friends or spend time with old ones. They would be extremely delighted to hear your small talks and in the process, you would feel relaxed and happy too.
- Pamper yourself: While there is no point going shopping or pub hopping, treat yourself to a massage at a nearby spa or spend time reading a book or watching a movie. These can be extremely relaxing and easy to follow.
Needless to say, as much as they may sound unpleasant, the entire experience of these mood swings will leave you a different person.
doctor has diagnosed pcod to me. Conceiving problem. Age is 38, 8 months marriage. AMH is 7.2 TSH 3 INSULIN FASTING 96 GLUCOSE 136 PROGESTERONE 40 ESTRADIOL 60 PROLACTIN 11 REGULAR PERIODS but weight has gained drastically from 52 kg to 59 kg in one year hair become thin, too much hair fall, skin become rough.
Meri girlfriend ka mensuration cycle 21 days k baad hua normal raha pehle 3 din mai uska baad 5th day par kch few drops hotay rahay any serious issue koi problem toh nhi hai?
Sir agr kisi women ko baby ho and phir uske breast normal k liye matlab pehle ka jaise ki tarah kaise hota hai and vagina pehle ki tarah kaise kar sakte hai. Koi upai hai. Ky bilkul pehle ki tarah.
What is hashimoto thyroid? Is it different from thyroid? With hashimoto thyroid one can conceive or not, is it difficult?
Hello sir, my age is 23 years I just want to know that a girl can be pregnant if the watery (when we feel sex and the water comes out from our penis" not the sperm") touches vagina. Will the girl be pregnant (girl is virgin)
My 13 yrs daughter had first periods on 4th dec. 2014. The periods last for more than 5 days i. E. 8-10 days. The time gap between period is less than normal. It is decreasing. Last time the gap between end of previous periods and start of next period was only 6 days. The periods lasted for around 10-11 days and next time for 5 days. Other complications are - loss of appetite, weight reduce, tiredness and lethargy, irritation etc. Two doctors did not recommended treatment while another doctor has prescribed 21 days medicine course and calcuim syrup. My question is whether the advice of the last doctor is ok. Your advice please.
I have bleeding from yesterday I do ultrasound today it became negative for pregnancy but my endometrium wall is 12mm thick and egg not properly and ovary attach to uterus what I can do help me.
Gur(jaggery) is better than sugar and fresh cane juice if mixed with lemon juice and ginger juice kills most of the germs in case the roadside machine is carrying some germs. Cane juice is cheap, full of vitamins and minerals and can be taken by all classes of people by people of all age groups.
Go Desi, say No to MNC packed cold drinks and say Yes to Make in India while getting nourishment of canes grown by our farmers.