Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B V Choksi
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B V ChoksiYour feedback matters!
I am a 28 year old, dusky skin. I see that I have tear trough. I am reading about the filler treatment, is it safe? How many sittings required? What would be the cost?
I want to get rid of a scar that I had got from a surgery because it looks ugly as it is on my arm can you please suggest how I can get rid of it.
I am having a boil on my left cheek from several months. I have tried various home based therapies but the boil isn't going away. What should I do? I also have some chicken pox marks left on my face. What should I do to remove it?
Mere dark circles bhot black h and. Jbki mera face fair and clear h.to ye dark circles kafi weired lgte h.I'hv tried almond oil for about 2 months. And it worked but due to that my eyelashes grew taller and thicker , I don't want them to grow more. So I can't use almond oil. Plzz tell. How can I get rid of my dark circles in an effective way "WITHOUT GROWING MY EYELASHES MORE"
डॉक्टर साहब नमस्कार मुझे दाद जैसी त्वचा संबंधी रोग है।मेरे batak पर चकत्ते पड़ जाते है और खुजली ज्यादा होती है ।मैंने अभी तक कोई टेस्ट नही करवाया।केवल quadriderm, itchgaurd जैसे दवाइयों का उपयोग किया है।बहुत ज्यादा फायदा नहीं है कृपया समस्या नक समाधान करें।
I have acne scars on my face for about a month now. Can you tell how I got them and how I can get rid of them?
I have got small lump near my fore neck area, I have very minute pain when I try to touch it. Could you please tell me what is all.
Sweet's syndrome is when you suffer from fever as well as painful skin lesions. These skin lesions usually appear on your head, arms and neck. The cause of Sweet's syndrome is still not known. However, it is known that certain medications, illnesses and infections are a possible trigger for Sweet's syndrome. Sweet's syndrome is such a condition that the symptoms usually go away in a few days but it may come back later on. To know exactly what causes Sweet's syndrome and what the symptoms of it are, read on.
Causes and Risk Factors:
As mentioned earlier, the exact cause of Sweet's syndrome is not known. However, there are certain factors which put you more at risk of getting it than others. Here they are:
- Gender: It has been proven that women are much more likely to get Sweet's syndrome than men.
- Age: The young and the elderly are at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome. However, if you are in between 30 and 60 years of age you are especially at risk.
- Illnesses: If you have an upper respiratory infection or inflammatory bowel disease then you are more likely to get Sweet's syndrome compared to others. Flu-like symptoms also put you more at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome compared to others.
- Pregnancy: It has been seen that pregnancy increases your risk of getting Sweet's syndrome.
- Drugs: As mentioned earlier, certain antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as well as azathioprine are all linked to Sweet's syndrome.
- Small Red Bumps: As mentioned earlier, the main symptom of Sweet's syndrome is that you will develop small red bumps on your neck, arms or head. The size of the bumps tend to increase quickly and then they spread into painful clusters.
- Fever: A fever is also very symptomatic of Sweet's syndrome. The small red bumps usually appear abruptly after you get a fever.
- Upper Respiratory Infection: The small red bumps also appear abruptly after you have got an upper respiratory Infection.
It should be noted that Sweet's syndrome is often associated with cancer and has commonly been linked to leukemia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.