Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B S ShastriYour feedback matters!
What is a basic symptoms of flu? And tell me about the cough problems caused by flu and fever and cough?
Hi I am 29 year old. On my neck there was swelling before 9 month ago I found that I was suffering from TB. I did the full course for 9 month. And now swelling also got OK. Should I still continue medicine or not? I am taking AKT4 since 9 month. How do I know that my TB is got resolved.
Hi, My son is 4 years old. Around 6 days back he had an attack of cold / flu, which is prevalent nowadays. We consulted doctor and he prescribed typical medication except antibiotic. From yesterday his cough has gone from bad to worse, esp at night, when he is coughing for hours. We again consulted the doctor who now gave antibiotic (which if given earlier might not led to the severe coughing!). We changed doctor also to cross check and be sure, where we came to know that there might be a case of bronchitis that is causing excessive coughing at night. Medication is going on and the doc has suggested it will take few days to get cured. Since medication is going on, we are concerned about the coughing at night. Is there some home solutions to keep coughing at night in check. Please suggest.
I have big problem of acidity in stomach and cough problem at early morning. Please tell me what should i do?
I have a cough problem, which happens any time of the year. When it happens coughing run continuously for a day or 2 day. Runny or stuffy nose also happen.
Hello actually I m suffering from cough problem from five months. I have undergone every test as langroscopy was done in jan it shows pharyngitis, then chest thorax was done report came normal. Chest x ray was normal. Then last month sinus x ray was done which showed left sinus little. Hazy. N after 15 days again xray was done which reported sinus is clear and nasal sputum is in midline. Bt my problem is still same I have itchiness and irritation in throat and sputum obstructs while taking breathing which leads me to gagging and spitting. I have allergy test done which shows level is 900 ug/ml for which my ent specialist put me on injection histaglobe three injection. Course. Bt my problem is same itchiness and irritation in throat and sputum reflex. Please tell me is it everything allryt n best medicine for its curing. Cbc was also done last week tlc and rbc were normal and eosinophil. Also normal.
I have prominent bronchovascular markings in my chest. And blood test says that esr (westergre)- 20 in my blood. I feel congestion in my chest. please recommend me a good treatment.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
My cousin has tb and is isolated in a room for a month as he has a 4 and half year old child. The child is not allowed into his room and vice versa. It's a month now. After how many days will the quarantine period be over. So he can be back with he child again. Thanks.
Hi, its aman. My health issue is my nose is always running when ever I goes in light dirt or any something hard perfume or smells goes in my nose. Its always hard cough in my mouth.
I have problem of chest pain and coughing from last ten days and so weakness as well. Please advice me what should I do?
I am 26 years old male. I am suffering from cough from 1 month but no blood in cough what I do. please help me.
I am 49 years old male and suffering from acute asthmatic bronchitis. Kindly suggest me a suitable permanent treatment.
Pulmonary diseases are some of the most commonly experienced health conditions all over the world. Millions of people suffer due to various causes including genetics, smoking, pollutants and infection. Now lungs are one of the most important and complex organs of the body. They are the apparatus through which oxygen enters and carbon dioxide gets expelled.
Lungs expand and contract on a constant basis to ensure that we can breathe properly. Let us find out more about lung or pulmonary diseases.
- Asthma: This is one of the most common and potentially fatal conditions that affect children and adults. It grips the airways formed by the bronchi which branch off into smaller tubes from the main trachea that holds them. This condition causes inflammation, and even spasms, which can lead to wheezing and breathlessness. The main triggers of asthma attacks include allergies, infections and pollutants that may escape into the airways.
- COPD: This is also known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. It is an umbrella term used for various lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties due to an obstruction of the airways. Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions that falls under COPD, and is usually characterised by persistent, hacking coughs.
- Cystic Fibrosis: This is another condition that affects the airways by causing poor passage of mucus from the bronchial tubes. This condition is a genetic one where the mucus that gathers eventually becomes a lung infection.
- Pneumonia: This is a condition that causes an infection in the alveoli, which are the tiny tubes that the airways branch into. These are air sacs that can catch myriad infections like pneumonia.
- Tuberculosis: This is also a kind of pneumonia, which is caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. This condition usually attacks the air sacs of the lungs and can be a potentially fatal disease if it is not treated on time. The patient will require immediate hospitalisation.
- Pulmonary Edema: This condition is caused by fluid leaks from the tiny blood vessels into the surrounding air sacs within the lungs. It can also be caused due to heart failure as well as back pressure which falls on the lungs. Direct injury to the lungs can also lead to this condition.
- Lung Cancer: This is a fatal disease which can be found in any part of the lungs. It has many forms and the type as well as the location usually determines the kind of treatment option that will be followed.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: When the lungs suffer a sudden injury which is usually caused by a bout of serious illness, it is called ARDS. Treatment involves the use of life support ventilation.