Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. B S ShastriYour feedback matters!
Doctors last year nearly 6 months ago I suffered frm fever frm then nearly after 3 months of fever. I started fever difficulty in breathing n a light numbness or heaviness in the left side of chest when I lie down on bed for sleeping or watching tv. I did an eco test of heart n it came normal. So I want to know, what is the reason for my difficulty in breathing n I also went to an ENT doctor. N did a course of 1 month n he said according to him I should go to a a pulmonologist. He did a chest x-ray n he found it normal. So doctor can you please tell me can my difficulty in breathing be treated? N also I had hypothyroidism.
I am 16 year old and I have sinusitis problem from last 2 year and I had a operation in 11 april 2015 but still having problem due to this I am unable to concentrate in my studies and can't sleep well so plzz tell me any daily practise to overcome this and concentrate in my studies plzz help me.
I am facing cough problem from last week and it is disturbing me a lot so could you please suggest me any medicine.
I have been diagnosed with abdominal tuberculosis. Doc. Says it will take 1 year to treat. Please suggest me some home remedies or exercises etc. To speed up the treatment.
I have been suffering from bronchital asthma from the age of 3 years. I am now 21 and its getting worse day by day. I habe tried all possible ways to get better but its been of no use. I have yo take asthalin once every couple of hours. That shows the severity of my problem. Please consult.
I am 21 year old man & I am having cough from 9 days and also have fever form 2days And from 2days after doing gargalling I saw some red blood clots in my cough Is this all are the symptoms of having T. B? please reply me fast.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 4 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I would hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I have cough, cold, cough also coming while coughing. Taking medicine from many days but not getting any result. By taking medicine it will ok and then next 2 days it start what should I do.
My name is Abraham Peter I am 19 years male I often feel too sleepy and am not able to concentrate on my studies One of the friends of my father suggested me nootropil I once had an asthma problem So is it safe to take it sir What should be the dosage sir?
Arrhythmia is a disorder which is characterized by improper and irregular heartbeats; be it too slow or too fast. This problem occurs when the electrical impulses that are used to regulate your heartbeat don’t work in the correct manner. Your heart may beat irregularly, too slow or too fast.
Although this disorder does not yield many symptoms, a few noticeable symptoms of arrhythmia are slow heartbeat, or a racing heartbeat, chest pain, breathing difficulties and dizziness. Arrhythmia can lead to inefficient pumping by the heart, leading to bouts of fainting. A severe symptom of this disorder is ventricular fibrillation, wherein the ventricles tend to quiver instead of transporting blood. This symptom can cut off blood supply to the vital organs, which may lead to death.
- Coronary artery disease: In this disease, arteries of the heart can get blocked, leading to irregular heart beat and impaired heart functioning.
- A heart attack: An ongoing heart attack usually leads to irregular heartbeats.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure problems make you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Impaired functioning of the thyroid glands: An overactive or underactive thyroid gland can lead to heart arrhythmia.
- Excessive smoking and alcohol consumption: These habits can cause problems with the blood vessels in the body, thus increasing risks of this particular condition as well as other cardio-vascular diseases.
- Stress: Too much stress can lead to high blood pressure; that is again linked to heart arrhythmia.
Mild symptoms of arrhythmia do not require treatment. However, complications resulting from it warrant treatment. The various treatment options for this condition are:
- Pacemaker: A pacemaker is a device that is used to regulate your heart rhythms. It is placed in the body by a surgical procedure and an insulated wire is put, connecting the heart to the pacemaker. In case of an irregular heartbeat, the pacemaker sends out impulses to correct the improper heartbeat.
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: This device is used to prevent a dangerous symptom of heart arrhythmia, a symptom wherein the ventricle quivers. It is similar to a pacemaker as it is also placed near the collarbone. In case it detects an abnormal rhythm, it sends out shocks to reset the heart rhythm.
- Maze procedure: This is a surgical procedure wherein incisions are made on the upper heart tissue to create a scar tissue. Scar tissues act as insulators to prevent stray impulses.
- Alternative therapies: Alternative procedures such as yoga and meditation can help remedy the disorder.