Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. B PadateYour feedback matters!
I am 66 years old male. I was diagnosed with enlarged prostate 4-5 years ago. I had gone for a blood test and ultrasound scan. Dr. suggested it was beginning of the problem and get checked up every six months. Careless as I am, I do not follow the advise. The result--I find the urine flow gets very thin in the night, I wake up twice. Occasionally there is mild sense of burning in the urinary tract, but no burning while actually urinating. I can't consult a homeopath who does not tell the name of the medicine. What is the remedy for me. I am non-diabetic, non-smoker, non-alcoholic, but a person who gets agitated quickly. I like sweet more than salty cookies, but I avoid too much sugar. I have problem in throat as well--some tingling sensation, a residual thing of a long bout of cough, for which I took allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic treatments, in this order. Yet the occasional tingle in the throat persists. Only recently I found my blood pressure mildly high--average of the three readings in the day is like--124/79 earlier it used to be around 116/75.
Hampered drive for physical intimacy may not be the case with everybody suffering from cancer. Since, each individual is different with varied sexual needs, it is rather impossible to predict how cancer would affect a person’s sex drive. But certain treatments of cancer might take a toll on your libido and subsequently, your sex life.
Cancer and certain treatments of cancer, can be the reason behind your low libido as they can cause:
1. Imbalance in the sex hormones
2. Scarring of the skin
3. Breathing problems
4. Diarrhea or bowel problems
6. Tension or anxiety
7. Depression or sadness
9. Fatigue (Tiredness)
10. Persistent sickness
With any of these side-effects, you may not have the urge of indulging in sexual intercourse because of the constant irritability and pain, essentially resulting from weakness. You might also think less of yourself, with no care for the way you dress up, make up or do your hair as you used to do before. With fatigue playing nemesis to your libido, you may feel entirely washed out, exhausted and spent after your intensive chemotherapy sessions.
How do you address this problem?
1. Speak out: Try unburdening yourself of the worries and anxiety in front of your partner or the doctor and make them understand how you truly feel about yourself. They may be able to guide you home.
2. Plan your rumble beforehand: You can plan your sexual activity by taking pain killers an hour prior to lovemaking.
3. Foreplay helps: Remember, sexual contact cannot spread cancer, ever. An intense session of foreplay has never disappointed anybody and it might work wonders if you have been going through all the rigor of cancer and its treatment lately. It would make you feel genuinely cared for; this might just egg you on to come out of that shell of depression and anxiety and enjoy sex like the way you used to.
Meri mummy ke berest cancer hai or 2nd stage hai or doctor ne bola hai inke 2 operation ho sakte ak pura breast nikalna hai ya berest mai jo tumer hai usa nikalne mai bhi thik ho sakta hai dono operation ka result same hai iske liya advice chaiye ?
Breast me glands ho hata hai ar uska operation karwane k kuch saal baad phir agar glands ho jata hai to kya karna chahiye agar aise hi usko chod diya jaye to koi problem to nhi hoga.
My mother is having a 8 m.m. Ghat (cysts ) in left breast it is a sign of breast cancer please help me I am in very big tension please.
I am 67 years old man. I am taking Urimax F, any side effects and does it cure my prostate problem. I go 3 or 4 times to bathroom in the night.
My sister is 40 years old. She is suffering from breast lump .she is taking homeopathic medicine for it. She feels Pain in her breast and pus comes out of her breast not from the nipple but the swelling sight of upper and lower part of her breast. It is the fnab report of her. Cytology - Fine needle aspiration biopsy - breast lump - microscopic smears reveal a low cell yield With large branching monolayered sheets of uniform epithelial cells. Numerous single, bare nuclei of benign type present in the background along with few fragments of fibromyxoid stroma. Comment - Fibroadenoma. Advice - HPE. Please suggest treatment.
Hi doctor my grandmother problem was diagnosed as cervical cancer stage ll B And she gone through radiation treatment for period of 2 months later on days she was fine after for period of 3 months she faced ascites and again under went to hospital for treatment doctor examined for tests LFT, RFT, ultrasound and CT scan Ultrasound diagnosed as liver cirrhosis But liver function test shows normal Taped ascites fluid send for test 3 times Got the result as negative for malignant cells. And aslo Cytology smear of Omental strands shown as negative for malignant cells. Abdominal and chest CT scan diagnosed as moderate hydrometer And left pleural effusion and retroperitonial nodes. This all test done in mnj hospital hyderabad Doctors couldn't find any thing to treat and suggested us to admit in osmania hospital that she has liver problem. But here in osmania doctor sent us again for same repeated test as bole And doctor says after seeing reports due to cancer only she facing ascites doctor My grand mother from last 2 months she only on bed facing bed sores and swollen legs kindly Doctor look into this note and help me out and suggest for better treatment.
I am 29 years old and 30 weeks pregnant you have small painless lump in my right breast since 5 yrs. Will it be safe to feed breast to baby?
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.
I am having liver cancer and now I am under nuclear injection medication. But I don't feel like eating anything. Please help me out with it .i am even loosing my weight constantly.
I am 30 years old and have 2years old baby, from past 2-3 days, have pain in my boobs and I felt little milk is also coming. Where I stopped feeding my kid long back. Pls suggest, what shall I do in this case.
Helo doctors. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer stage 2 two months ago and she had surgery to remove one breast. Then they did some tests and she is advised to undergo further treatment chemo or radiation. How long is it safe for her to stay without starting the treatment?
My friend's father is suffering from Mouth Cancer. Everyday he is suffering from pain. Please let us know what would be the best way to get rid from it.
Hi, in my breast I have small gland fro past since 7years that becomes sometimes pain. 2years before I got married and I have one baby is any problem about that it vl causes cancer. Am very scaring about that.
Consumption of lycopene–containing foods, especially tomato and its products is prostate friendly. A prospective study of a cohort of over 50,000 men from the Health Professionals Follow–up Study in J Natl Cancer Inst 2014;106(2 suggests that dietary intake of lycopene is associated with a lower incidence of prostate cancer and a decreased risk of lethal prostate cancer. These effects may be mediated through inhibition of tumor angiogenesis.