Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.k. Nayak
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.k. NayakYour feedback matters!
How to reduce neuropathic pain in both feet? I have been suffering from past 3 years. I have took many medicines but no use at all. But I don't have back pain but sometimes the back pain will be there. Actually I have stabbing pain in both feet and I am 53 years old and I suffer a lot from this pain in feet and it is like pins and needles pain It is uncontrollable pain Please suggest me how to reduce this pain!
Hi, I'm 25 years old girl, actually from past few days suffering from kind of stress or can say low pain in my forehead exactly mid of eyebrows and right side eyebrow, its almost all the time when I am awake and by this I feel it affect to my nose veins. please let me know why it happen suddenly? or should I go to doctor? Please reply soon
I have 15-25 sleep myoclonus a night. I heard that jerk before falling asleep is not seizure. My EEG is abnormal. Doctor told me I have partial seizure? How could it be?
I have been suffering from migraine headache since 2008. So I started taking prolal tablet. For two whole years I was fine. But since 2011 I used to feel as if I did not had sleep for two days, despite having a proper sleep of 10 hrs a day. This is accompanied with headache and being unable to concentrate. This problem was continued for a year long and was then suggested a medication by a neuro physician (he prescribed medication TRYPTOMER 10 MG, FRANXIT, MIGRID 5 MG) with which I could overcome the difficulty. But this gave rise to a whole new problem. The issue is i'm unable to understand what it is. I tend to feel unsafe and afraid of silliest things. It's very difficult to be comfortable with many things. May be it is depression. If I stop using the medication coz of this, I get headaches. Is there a solution to this, pls?
I feel brain zaps/up and down feeling with kind of energy in the center of my brain that doesn't fall me sleep day and night. Zap is also sensitive to voice and noise. I take trika 0.5 at night that help in night. My purpose is to understand chemical status of brain in these type of situation. I am motivated for work but I procrastinate too much and I somehow connected serotonin for that but not sure how to interpret that (doctor said that but I want to explore more) I also got mild sweating and feel need of breath. I am taking consultation of psychiatric but I am looking for sustainable support and solutions to overcome this situation.
Hello I feel weird sensation (current type sensation) in my right chest area sometimes shifts to the centre of chest also and sometimes do feel numbness in right side of head and also have high pulse rate sometimes goes to 130 bpm. Its happening from last 2 months. My sleep is also not very deep sleep and and have less sleep. Pls suggest me what to do? I am also taking bp medicine of amlopresAT25 from last six months.
My father is suffering from parkinson's disease. It has been diagnosed about 5 years back. For past 1 year he is also experiencing freeze. We consulted some doctors. Someone is saying he is having only parkinson and some other that he is having parkinson plus. We are really confused. I want to know what are the survival chances with both. Please advice.
Sleep apnea is a potentially dangerous sleep disorder in which you stop and start breathing frequently while you are sleeping. Symptoms of sleep apnea often include loud snoring and fatigue even if you sleep uninterrupted through the night. Obesity and age are the common risk factors of sleep apnea.
The most common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea, in which the throat muscles contract and relax while you are asleep. The other type of sleep apnea, called central sleep apnea, usually occurs in people who have been diagnosed with brain tumors, infections or heart failure, or have had a stroke.
Treatment of sleep apnea includes:
- CPAP: The Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device is generally recommended in the treatment of sleep apnea. CPAP is a breathing machine that stops your airways from getting blocked when you are sleeping. The CPAP device is normally the size of a tissue box. It comes with a mask that you put over your mouth and nose. The machine attached to the mask pumps a continuous flow of air that keeps your airways clear as you sleep.
- BPAP: The Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP) device is used as an alternative to the CPAP device, if you find it hard to adjust to the CPAP. If you have a weak pattern of breathing, the BPAP can be helpful.
- ASV: The Adaptive Servo-ventilation (ASV) device is used to treat both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Treatment for other medical conditions: Sometimes sleep apnea can be caused by underlying health conditions. Problems such as rhinitis (nasal passage inflammation) and hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) can cause sleep apnea. In such cases, your doctor needs to diagnose these conditions first before treating your sleep apnea.
- Lifestyle changes: Excessive weight sometimes can cause sleep apnea; so losing excessive weight should be a priority. Also, alcohol and tobacco can contribute to your symptoms, so try avoiding those.
- Medication: Usually, doctors do not prescribe any medicine, since sedatives and sleeping pills actually worsen sleep apnea. But, in case of sleep apnea in children, doctors typically suggest intra nasal corticosteroid medicine to treat the symptoms.
- Surgery: Surgeries to increase the size of your airway or to remove your adenoids, tonsils or extra tissues in the rear of your throat or your nose can prove helpful.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!