Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B J Jain
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B J JainYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years male. My eye elbows are flickering from some days. I feel heaviness in my eyes. And minor head pain also. Pls suggest for medicine for quick relief.
Dear doctor my grand pa he is 85 years old recently he diagnosed herniya so alopathy dr's are advise him to get operate but as per his age we are not agree for this suggestion could you please help us to treatment without operation.
Always feels stress and exhaustion, and can't sleep in time. Have hairloss and leg pain, palm pain Headache after study.
Although the popular image of the penis is that of a ramrod straight mass of tissue, in truth, many men have a penis which is not perfectly straight. A bent penis, or a penis with some degree of curvature, is not at all uncommon, and by itself is not a penis health concern. However, in some cases the curvature of the penis can be significant and may indeed become problematic. There can be several causes for such a situation, and one of them may be related to the medication a man may be taking for other conditions.
The bent penis
Any man who hasn't already done so should take a moment to look at his penis carefully in a mirror, both when soft and when erect. In many cases, a man will notice that the instrument curves somewhat to the right or the left. In other men, it may have a gentle upward curve or, more rarely, may bend downward a bit. When the degree of curvature is slight, this is normal. When it is significant, especially to a degree that it causes pain or makes it uncomfortable to engage in sex, then a man is typically considered to be suffering from Peyronie's disease.
As with so many things affecting the penis, there is a lot that still needs to be learned about Peyronie's disease, including a more thorough understanding of its causes. There seems to be some genetic component, meaning that if a man saw his father in the locker room and wondered why his penis had that strange bend - then that man may also have curvature in his future.
It's also common for a severely bent penis to occur as a result of trauma, either short term or long term. In the former category, a sharp blow to the penis might bring about the bending. In the latter, rough handling (either with a partner or alone) can over time create many small layers of scar tissue which build-up and create the curvature.
But in some cases, a man may look down to find his penis has bent due to drugs he is taking to address some other health challenges.
What are some medications that may contribute to the development of a bent penis?
- Interferon. Interferons are naturally-occurring proteins which can be synthesized and utilized in treatment for many conditions. They are frequently used in treating hepatitis C, Kaposi's sarcoma, multiple sclerosis and genital warts.
- Beta blockers. One of the more commonly used medications, beta blockers are very popular in treating in high blood pressure and/or cardiac issues.
- Anti-seizure medications. People with seizures often require special medications to manage and control them. It is believed that at least some of these medications may contribute to Peyronie's disease in some men.
- It's important to note that the evidence linking medications and curvature is not fully understood and that, more importantly, just because some of the medications may have a link does not mean they will cause a bent penis in every man who uses them. If a man does believe his medication is affecting him in this way, he should discuss his concerns with his doctor to determine if an alternative medication might be an option.
- Medications that contribute to a bent penis can become an issue, but so can simply maintaining a proper level of general penis health. To that end, readers are encouraged to take advantage of a top notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) daily. One drawback often associated with a bent penis, especially when scar tissue build-up is involved, is a loss of feeling. A crème with neuroprotective acetyl L-carnitine can provide a buffer against that development. Also important: that the crème contain pantothenic acid (commonly called vitamin B5). Pantothenic acid is known as a protector of sensitive skin, such as that which covers the penis.
I an suffering from fever last week but we have also cough and cold till fever is come. How I treat it.
I am 60 years old weight 65 kg suffering from neck pain since one month I want homoeopathic treatment kindly suggest.
I can't sex for a long time. What should I do .i want to increase my sex time. I really feel bad about this timing.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.