Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.C. ShahYour feedback matters!
I'm a 23 year old female having sun tan in my leg after being exposed to sun before one month. Can you please reply which cream I should prefer?
I am a 29 years male, I am getting black heads on my nose tip very frequently. Please provide me solution.
1. Keep baths and showers short.Use warm, not hot water, and a mild cleanser. Gently pat the skin dry.
2. Apply moisturizer after getting out of the bath or shower.Ointments and creams tend to be more effective than lotions.
3. Read ingredients on skin care products. Deodorant soaps, alcohol-based toners, and products that contain fragrance can irritate dry, sensitive skin.
4. Use a humidifier to add much-needed moisture to the air.
5. Wear soft fabrics that breathe, such as 100 percent cotton. If you want to wear wool and other rough fabrics, wear a soft fabric underneath.
6. Don’t skimp on hand washing, which can remove harmful bacteria and viruses. If you need to wash your hands frequently, hand sanitizers are a good alternative.
7. Apply hand cream after each hand washing. If more relief is needed, dab petroleum jelly on your hands before bed. If your hands are frequently immersed in water, wear waterproof gloves to help protect them.
Not many of us like the image that stares back at us in the mirror. We all would love to have those wrinkles gone, the dull appearance improved, the fine lines disappear, the spots (brown, black, gray, whatever) just vanish. However, they don't. They are all real, but the good news is that they are not here to stay. There are improved methods of producing younger, glowing skin and chemical peels is one of them.
In 2011, it was rated as one of the top 5 minimally invasive procedure with about a million people in the USA going for it to revitalize their skin.
What do they do: You could be of any age or gender, looking for a youthful, glowing skin. Chemical peels definitely are an option for you. The skin is the most exposed part and is prone to damage from sun, pollution and dust. These leave uneven tone, dull skin, wrinkles and spots. In all these cases, a chemical peel can produce a marked improvement. A chemical preparation (solution) is applied on the skin which dissolves and removes the upper layers of the skin and allows for new skin to form. This is younger looking, softer, and smoother with fewer imperfections. The strength of the solution and the duration of application will depend completely on the patient's presenting situation and goals.
Benefits of chemical peels:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: Unlike creams and serums and lotions, these offer a much faster way to achieving smoother, clearer skin.
- Improves skin tone: The rough, top layers that were exposed to sun are removed, producing skin with improved texture.
- Promotes collagen production: The skin is made to produce more collagen, which results in skin that has better elasticity and glow.
- Eliminates scars from acne: The damage done by acne through scars left behind can be 'peeled' off with a chemical peel.
- Improves damage from sun exposure: Exposure to sun is most harmful to skin, and chemical peels help reduce this damage by removing off the top layers of skin that is affected by constant exposure to sun. Mild dark spots also disappear with a chemical peel.
- Economical: Compared to the expensive creams and lotions that make huge promises, chemical peels are definitely cost effective.
- Quick fix: A session takes about 30 minutes with no need for recovery time.
- Boosts self-esteem: A smoother, glowing skin that is free of spots, wrinkles, and fine lines is sure to improve the person's confidence.
Following are the Indications for Chemical Peels:
- Treatment and Prevention of Acne
- Sun-induced Pigmentation
Chemical peels can be done on face, back, arms and legs, feet. elbows and knees, knuckles to even out pigmentation and smoothen the skin. Post care precautions are simple to follow-up avoidance of direct sunlight for first 4-5 days, strict application of sunscreen and keeping skin hydrated regularly.
A detailed discussion with your doctor about expectations is definitely the first step if you are thinking of going for a chemical peel.
Is baking soda and water paste is good for face its written in all sites that face get glow and all the spots are cleaned please suggest me any thing that I can clear all my spots and get glowing face bcz I have to go to marriage tomorrow please suggest I can get good face in 24 hours please suggest me.
I am having oily skin n whenever I wake up in the morning I see painful 1 or 2 pimples either on my chin or beside the nostrils please help me out n prescribe me some medicine.
My face is brown I am used many cream and facewash to solve it but can't solve my face skin is soft how I can get rid brown face and look good.
I have holes on my face for pimple problems .how can I recover my face skin or make it plan and white.
I am 23 year old male and I have blackheads on my thighs and buttocks what should I do? furthermore, I have one big pimple type spot just in the middle upperside to my buttocks and sometime it get full of puss type blood and then get socked after 2-3 days. Is this is major thing?
I am 20 year male from kolkata, past few months I have problem in my skin rush. How to recover r my skin rush problem.
I have white spots on my body and I consulted doctors they said its not licoderma. What should I do to remove those white spots?
I have melasma (dark pigmentation) on chin n cheeks I am allergic to most of the cosmetics my skin starts coming out when ever I apply any cream Please help me.
My hand and face are dull compared to my other parts of the body. Suggest some cream to make my hands and face as my normal skin.
I am a 22 year old girl and I have dark black circle on my eyes around so how can I remove it and what should I do?
Gycolic peels can significantly improve the appearance of the skin. This is a type of treatment that involves applying a chemical solution that makes the skin blister followed by peeling it off. The new skin that generates is less wrinkled and smoother. This treatment can successfully reduce lines under the mouth and the eyes, treat acne, improve scars, treat skin damaged by sun burn and wrinkles, improve the look and feel of the skin. It must be noted that the skin becomes very sensitive after a gycolic peel treatment. It, therefore, makes sense to wear sunscreen and refrain from direct exposure to UV rays.
Who is an ideal candidate for a gycolic peel?
Both fair-skin and dark-skinned people are suited for this treatment. The success rate and the effectiveness of this treatment depend on the condition for which a candidate being treated for. People with extremely dark complexion may not be well suited for this treatment.
How to get started?
Before going ahead with the treatment, it makes sense to discuss any underlying condition with the dermatologist. A history of cold sores and scarring should be discussed. If a person is undergoing any medication, it should be informed to the doctor prior to the treatment. A dermatologist often stops other medicine and prescribe skin meds such as Retin-A, Renova etc. to prepare the skin for the treatment. Furthermore, certain antiviral and antibiotic medicine can be prescribed to treat the certain underlying condition before resuming the treatment. An open discussion with the doctor about the depth of the peel is necessary to set the expectation straight.
How is the procedure performed?
Gycolic peel is an outpatient procedure. An overnight stay at the hospital is not necessary. The skin is thoroughly cleaned. The skin is then applied with a solution such as salicylic acid, glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, carbolic acid etc to a very limited area of the skin. It results in a controlled wound and the new skin fill up the wound within hours. A burning sensation can be felt for a span of 10 minutes followed by a sensation of stinging. A doctor might prescribe pain medication and suggest cool compressor to reduce the uneasiness.
What to expect after the procedure?
A sunburn-like reaction is witnessed after the procedure. This is followed by scaling that lasts for about a week. Peels can be repeated within weeks to get the exact look a person seeks. The procedure might result in crust, blister, and patches. The area is bandaged after the procedure is performed. Sunlight needs to be strictly avoided since the new skin very fragile and sensitive to the powerful rays of the sun. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.