Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. B B BafnaYour feedback matters!
Sir I have done my eye prk on 27 dec 2014 .it was all good but with time it decrease .give best sop to improve again Thnku.
My mother is 75 years old and having dizziness and slurred speech from past 1 week. Loss of balance and weakness. She also seen a physician and all her blood reports are normal also done MRI -normal. She consulted a neurologist and was given vertin 3 times a day. But still no improvement. Please suggest. She has no h/o diabetes, hypertension etc. Was very active and exercises regularly.
I wear spectacle due to which I had pain in side forehead, it usually occurs more frequently, its pains alot that I can not concentrate on my studies, please help me, and give solution to cure this. And if possible suggest any medicine or any ayur methods.
My eye power is -2 in right and -1.5 in left what is best diet for my eye and what is the minimum use of mob. Laptop in a day which make my eye good and perfect.
I have dry eye problem, doctor had given Omega 3 capules (OSMEGA) which i had for a month and it was ok for 2-3 months, but i am experiencing same problem again. Please advice
Eye surgeries have evolved a long way. Starting from the most basic of eye surgeries, technological advancement has evolved a number of modern eye surgery techniques. LASIK is the latest trend in eye surgery and is the most common type of eye surgery in the modern day.
LASIK or Lasik (laser assisted situ keratomileusis), is a laser eye surgery or laser vision revision. It is a kind of refractive surgery for the rectification of nearsightedness, hyperopia, and astigmatism. The LASIK surgery is performed by an ophthalmologist who utilizes a laser or microkeratome to reshape the eye's cornea with a specific end goal to enhance visual acuity. For most patients, LASIK gives a lasting contrasting option to eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Carrying out a LASIK surgery:
- To begin with, your eye specialist utilizes either a mechanical surgical apparatus called a microkeratome or a femtosecond laser to make a slender, round "fold" in the cornea.
- The specialist then creases back the pivoted fold to get to the fundamental cornea (called the stroma) and expels some corneal tissue utilizing an excimer laser.
- For partially blind individuals, the objective is to smooth the cornea; with farsighted individuals, a more extreme cornea is fancied.
- Excimer lasers additionally can redress astigmatism by smoothing an unpredictable cornea into a more typical shape. It is a misguided judgment that LASIK can't treat astigmatism.
- Laser eye surgery requires just topical soporific drops, and no wraps or fastens are required.
- After your LASIK surgery is completed, you will be given some rest. You may feel a makeshift smoldering or tingling sensation promptly after the surgery is completed. After some post-surgical examinations, you are ready to go home. Abstain from driving by yourself.
- Immediately after the surgery, you may experience blurred vision or hazy vision. It will subside with a little time.
- You must keep away from any kind of activity that causes strain to the eyes after the surgery. Avoid watching television or reading.
Results of LASIK surgery:
- Laser eye surgery offers various advantages and can significantly enhance your personal satisfaction. A great many people accomplish 20/20 vision or better after the surgery. However, LASIK results do fluctuate from people to people.
- You will have to continue wearing your contact lenses or spectacles. The power will be much less after the surgery.
Side-effects: While this surgery strategy provides effective results, LASIK complications can happen and may incorporate diseases such as night glare, and you may experience starbursts or radiances, especially while driving.
LASIK surgery is one of the most carried eye surgeries nowadays and gives satisfactory results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist and ask a free question.
Eyes gets red every time even after sleeping well feels watery and heavy. Pls suggest is that continuous usage of computer or cellpbone.
I am a 29 years old male & have a eye redness problem for last 6 year. It happened alternate times. What should I do?
I have been diagnosed a -1 power on both left and right eyes. Is this a very high power I have to worry? Will it get more worst and increase? How to control power not to increase any more. Please suggest.
I have affected by hereditary eye problems like retinitis pigmentosa due to my parents close relation marriage. I'm very difficult to manage evening travel with low lights and my side vision is also poor. Is any treatment?
Hello sir/ ma'am My grandmother is of approximately 80 years nd she is suffering from herpes in one eye from 1st may 2016, as told by our nearby doctor. She was first treated in allopathic and when things didn't work out she was shifted to homeopath. In homeopath, approx 40% is cured but not totally and her eye keep on itching from inside and giving burning sensation. Can you please suggest what to do and from which branch of doctor it should be get treated like eyes specialist or skin and which place would be best to get her treatment?
I have sight of 1.0. I want to improve my vision. Can you suggest me some useful methods to get rid of my spectacles completely. Please!
Hi I'm 23 years old. Some time I just feel a pain in my right eye. Is it big problem? Now where treatment my problem.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day.