Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B.A.PaiYour feedback matters!
HELLO SIR When I did sex with my partner after the intercourse my penis takes very much time to get harder position sir pls tell me moreover if there is any diet to control this you can also tell.
My grandfather is suffering from paralysis and he tends to sleep the whole day so what should I do to make him avoid yhat and also do tell me sumtings that would be beneficial for him?
I have two questions: 1) ways to reduce headache due to stress 2) ways to reduce the release of cortisol hormone.
I'm 25 years old and I'm suffering of headache since last 6 months. It happens every alternate day or after 2 or 3 days. Please suggest me what should I do?
How to leave masturbating? I can leave it for 2 weeks but after 2 week mind got stress and headache.
I am having pain at the backside of my head and also at neck. Is there any exercise/yoga to get rid of it? Or should I take medications. I have done CT scan of my head. No problem found in the head.
HIV or Human Immunodeficiency Virus is a type of immune disorder which attacks the immune system of the body and slowly destroys it overtime. The HIV virus targets the immune system and makes the body susceptible to other diseases. HIV infection can progress to AIDS although it may take up to 10 or 12 years to fully go into the last stage.
Risks and Causes
HIV is a communicable disease which spreads through only the following methods
- It can spread from one person to another by means of unprotected sexual intercourse due to the exchange of bodily fluids.
- The virus spreads if you share drug needles with someone who is already contaminated with HIV virus. It can also occur due to improperly trained medical staff that may reuse syringes although this is very uncommon.
- The HIV virus transmits from the mother to the child during pregnancy through the placenta.
- Any exchange of blood in significant amounts such as blood transfusion from a contaminated patient will result in infection as well although this is very rare.
Any other form of contracting the disease such as through kissing or food is a untrue and only propagates due to ignorance.
The initial symptoms of HIV infection are noticed after a few weeks although it can take a few months to come up as well. The initial symptoms may include
- Severe headache along with intense pain in the muscles and the joints of the body.
- Frequent appearances of rashes
- Inflation of the lymph nodes
- Itchy skin
- Disorders which stay for sustained periods such as an upset stomach or a cold.
The early symptoms disappear within 2 to 3 weeks without any treatment. The later symptoms might appear after few years (sometimes up to or more than a decade), which will stay. This is usually the time HIV is diagnosed. The symptoms now may also include
- Severe muscle fatigue
- Severe loss in body weight,
- High fever and recurrent instances of sweating at the night time.
HIV is suspected if the later symptoms tend to last for a long time without any other diagnosable cause.
HIV can be treated by means of antiretroviral therapy which reduces the rate at which the virus multiplies. However, there is no cure for HIV as of yet.
In order to prevent yourself from getting HIV, you should adopt the following precautionary measures:
- You should use protection every time when engaging in sexual intercourse and if you are unsure of your partner’s HIV status.
- You should use new blades in barbershops for shaving purposes in order to prevent yourself from HIV as well
- If you are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS while you are pregnant, to prevent spreading it to your unborn baby, you might immediately need undergo a medical check-up and follow the doctor’s advice.
- Ensure that disposable syringes are used whenever they are being use for medical tests or treatments. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I have a problem with throat infection most of the times. I'm a lead singer so I get my voice strained. please help.
I have a tight foreskin on my penis which causes pain when pulled off its head. Can I have a solution to this so that I can pull it backward forward easily without pain?
I have already suffered from dengue in the previous month. Is there any chance to get affected 2nd time? What precautions should I do?
I couldn't sleep properly yesterday and day before yesterday, I slept only for around 3-4 hours. After waking up, I'm experiencing pain in head in area around my left ear. After massaging slightly that area, it feels better. Also, I work in night shift. Kindly suggest what is it and is it something harmful?
Hello sir, me accountant hu 25 male. Muje 2 sal pehle thoda chest heaviness ka problem hua tha. Mene doctor ko dikhaya to kuch problem ni tha. Uske bad continuously muje chest heaviness or left hand me pain, or neck aur neck ke niche pain hota he or kabhi kabhi chest me bhi pain hota he, mene 2 sal me 3 bar TMT, chest xray, lungsand lums test, 5 bar ECG, sonography, 2 bar ECO, ek bar calcium scoring test (report says your calsium sor is 00 )wo sab normal he. Bahot try kiya fir bhi problem same hi he. Plss suggest me. Thank you.
My 4 years old kid does itching on face, hands, neck and other areas of body most of the time, which leads to scratches, what could be the issue and to whom I should consult in Pune or Jaipur. Any help would be appreciated!
Eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is an eye disorder where inflammation of the conjunctiva in the eyes takes place. Eye allergies are different from contagious or bacterial conjunctivitis. Eye allergies are more likely to occur during the hot, summer season. Homeopathy offers excellent treatment for eye allergies. Below listed are are some homeopathic medicines, which cure eye allergies, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed.
- Apis Mel: Apis Mel treats eye allergies characterized by a burning and stinging sensation in the eyes. Oedema accumulates around the eyes, and the eyelids become swollen and puffy. Watery discharge comes out of the eyes.
- Euphrasia: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating eye allergies where there is an acrid discharge from the eyes. The discharge is acidic and burns the skin that comes in contact with the same. Burning pain in the eyes is indicated. The eyes become watery.
- Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is an effective homeopathic medicine used in case of eye allergies with an abundant, prulent discharge. The patient develops photo phobia, and splinter like pain in the eyes is experienced. The conjunctiva swells.
- Ruta: This is a fine homeopathic medicine for treating eye allergies where there is a sensation of the presence of a foreign body in the eyes. Indicated by severe eye irritation, the patient feels something like a dust particle is stuck in his eyes. The eyes become red and painful.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is used when there is relief due to the application of cold water. Symptoms include discharge of a thick, yellow fluid from the eyes. Itching and burning is caused. The eyelids feel agglutinated.
Other than homeopathic remedies, natural, home-based remedies can be used to treat eye allergies as well. They are:
- Cold compress: Application of cold compress around the allergy affected area provides relief. Soak a cloth in cold water and apply it gently to the affected area. Chamomile tea bags can be used as cold compress.
- Cucumber: You can place round slices of cucumber over the allergy affected area on the eyes to get relief. Cucumbers contain anti-irritation properties, which help to reduce puffiness, swelling and irritation in the eyes.
- Rosewater: Rose water is an effective natural remedy for eye allergies. It soothes and cools the eyes, and makes the eyes clear. Rose water can be used as an eye drop.
- Green tea: Green tea is completely natural and gives relief to eye allergies. It soothes the eyes and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
Eye allergies are common and affect people during summer the most. They may reoccur every year. Homeopathic and natural treatment methods for eye allergies are very efficient treatment procedures. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.