Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
I am 31 years old defence person. 2013 me football khelte huve mere left knee pr chot lagi thi x ray MRI karane pr pat a chala ki internal legament injury h. Bahut doctors se consult kiya lekin kisi ne iska sahi treatment nahi bataya or kaha ki operation kr skte h lekin uski bhi koi surity ni h ki thek ho jaye ho skta h or kharab ho jaye. To mene operation ni karwaya. Abi bhi muje physical exercise krne me prblm hoti h or jump to me kr hi nahi skta thodi bahut halki running kr leta hu. Me bahut pareshaan hu kyuki defence me physically fit rhna bahut jaruri h. Is injury ki wajah se meri promotion me bhi problems aa rahi h kyunki me physical test qualify nahi kr PA raha hu. Agr injury ka wakai koi treatment h to pls muje bataye me kya karu.
When I use my right hand or I bend n do lots of work continusely or in tension. My right side above the shoulder swells up n its pain. Wat to do.
I am 23 year old and I am having back ache for last 1 month I am using move ointment but no such relief has been observed? Please tell me what to do?
My mother aged 45 suffering from leg pains when she work extra in routine day. She pastly had some stones in kidney is that was tge reason for the leg pains?
I want dislocation specialist doctor My left shoulder recurrent dislocation so at present I'm doing physiotherapy exercise actually operation should be done but operation causes I miss some moments permanently of my left hand so how can I proceed? Please give reply..
Well, I'm doing a back office job in night shift which makes me sit alot and I'm just sleeping all day and work all night can't get time to workout. The problem is "I'm a smoker" and I've been doing it since 2011 on regular basis, averagely I smoke 3 cigarettes a day. These day I'm feeling like I'm burning inside my chest, too hot in there. Am I dying or anything serious is going to happen with me? I've tried several times to quit smoking but after 2 or 3 days I restarts it all the time. I can't run, I can't play games even I'm having issues while having sex, I get tired very fast may I'm having erection problem too. I'm too young to have all these issues. Please help me on this.
Both heat and cold therapy can help. It may take some trial and error to find out which works best for you.
How does heat therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Heat dilates (opens up) blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation and reduces muscle spasms.
At home you can try dry heat such as heating pads or moist heat such as warm baths or heated moist towels.
How does cold therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Cold works differently, it constricts (closes blood vessels) then opens them up again closes and opens up. This alternate closing and opening cycle of blood vessels drains out swelling and toxins from that area. At home you can use ice packs with covers or traditional ice bags or ice cubes in a plastic bag with proper covers so its not too cold.
Both heat and cold should be used very carefully only when sensations are normal otherwise it can cause burns or damage to skin and tissues.
Professional health care providers such as physiotherapists use moist heat, deep heat such as ultrasound therapy and cold therapy along with joint and tissue mobilizations, specific stretching and strengthening exercises, customized tips about improving posture, ergonomics, sleeping habits for long lasting relief from pain.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.