Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Dear Sir, My Age is 49 years having below blood report on cholesterol dated:28.01.2015. Request to study and suggest any precaution/medicine required. Serum Cholesterol(TC): 251.05 mg/dl, HDL Cholesterol: 50.53 mg/dl, Serum Triglycerides(TG): 146.05 mg/dl, LDL Cholesterol: 171.3 mg/dl, VLDL Cholesterol: 29.21 mg/dl, TC/HDL: 5. Please advise.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
1. Shortness of breath
If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
3. Weakness of the heart muscles
Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
4. Narrowing of blood vessels
Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
5. Vision problems
It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
2. Heart attack
High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
3. Metabolic syndrome
This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
4. Impaired brain functioning
It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
The humble, easily available banana is not as humble when it comes to its contribution to your health. And once you learn how much good it can do to your body, you will be compelled to add it to your daily diet. This god of a fruit protects you from innumerable diseases, keeps your hair, heart and head well as well as fights chronic diseases - and the list has just begun.
Here are just 15 reasons for you to have a banana every day -
1) This fruit is high in potassium and low in salt, it is your protective shield against blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke.
2) Iron rich banana is extremely good for anemic people.
3) The calcium-rich bananas are excellent for your bones and help in increasing bone density.
4) For people who exercise, bananas are an energy booster and sustain your blood sugar as well as protect against muscle cramps post workouts or leg cramps.
5) Bananas help beat depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin: the feel-good brain neurotransmitter.
6) It also enhances your moods and relieves PMS symptoms as well as stress levels in body and mind.
7) Due to high levels of vitamin B-6, bananas produce white blood cells and help in building immunity as well as strengthen nervous systems.
8) Weightloss - If you swap your junk foods with bananas, you might be inching towards losing weight. As an added bonus your energy will be become more steady and consistent.
9) Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
10) Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
11) Extremely caring about your stomach, Banana not only soothes your digestive tract to restore lost electrolytes after diarrhoea, it also helps in relieving constipation due to ts high fibre content.
12) Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
13) Fever too? A banana can bring down your body temperature to cool your temperature off.
14) Bananas make you smarter! It makes you very alert. The high levels of potassium help your memory as well. Think about it before an exam.
15) Smoke? High levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium in the fruit, help in speedy recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
Related Tip: Are Bananas Really Your Ticket to Weight Loss?