Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash Y PawarYour feedback matters!
A heart attack does not always have obvious symptoms, such as pain in your chest, shortness of breath and cold sweats. In fact, a heart attack can actually happen without a person knowing it. This condition is known as a ‘silent heart attack’, medically known as ‘silent ischemia’, occurring due to the shortage of oxygen supply to the heart muscle. The causes of a silent heart attack are similar to that of a heart attack.
Obesity or excess weight
Lack of exercise
Age, usually above 65
Consumption of tobacco or smoking
A silent cardiac arrest makes one more vulnerable to another heart attack that could be fatal. Diagnosis: The only method to diagnose if you had a silent heart attack is through imaging tests, such as echocardiogram, electrocardiogram, Holter Monitoring or others. These tests can show certain changes which might be indicative of a heart attack. An analysis of one’s overall health and the symptoms can aid in deciding whether few more tests are required.
How would you prevent a silent heart attack?
1. Get your cholesterol and blood pressure count tested regularly.
2. Refrain from smoking.
3. Get your VO2 max checked regularly.
4. Live a healthy lifestyle: Refrain from smoking and excessive alcohol consumption; exercise daily, eat healthy.
5. Control high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes
6. Be aware of your body and call on a doctor if you feel there’s anything which is bothering you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
I have chest pain for last 3 years, I took ecg, blood tests, and echo scan also. All reports r normal, I consulted cardiologist also, what else may be the reason for frequent chest pain.
I have cholesterol but some days I stop taking medicine so I'm feeling dizziness sometimes it's because of high cholesterol?
Sir I have a chest pain exactly centre of chest from three years .at the time of deep breathing and in the mornings it is paining can you please tell me.
I am suffering for high cholesterol level. My hdl is very low it's only 30 and triglycerides 375 and vldl 75 and ldl is 110. Let me know some good medicine who can help me to recover my cholesterol level and increase hdl . Also I am suffering from hyper avidity from last 5 days and pain in left abdominal.
I am 65 year old. diabetic since 1998. BP with medicine 140-160/ 58-75 and pulse 58-65. Thyroid TSH 7.85 (taking 100) Heart problem: Stunt inserted in year 2010 Sometimes feel tired and heaviness in chest on moving upstairs.
My son aged 24 years has higher palpitations & has normal B P, please Let me know the cause & treatment.
Sir my creatinine is very high. It is 4.43.but I do not have any problem in my body. Blood pressure is normal. No swelling. What should I do.
I am suffering from c3 c4 & c5 cervical bulge, does it cause chest pain and paliptaions. I checked heart, it shows normal. Then why paliptaions and chest pain.
Hi I feel dizziness always and I checked BP it is fine. I can not able to sleep properly. Could you please advise.
Im raseel 19 year old my heart asd closure operation has been done 3 months before. And now can I eat every kind of food?
I am 68, diabetic and controlled BP. Why my head is heavy in the evening at 7 pm, when I cough horrible heaviness on both sides if my head. It will be reduced if I take nap or relax on bed. Advise please. Thanks.
Umbilical hernia noted with intra abdominal fat as its content and defect about 18 mm. Does this require surgery or can be treated with medicine. Also tiny left renal calculus in left kidney.
I have pain in my teeth. It stop when I take medicine but again start after 15 or 16 days. It is happening about 4 month ago. Doctors said it is wisdom case ans I have to out this teeth from my mouth. There is no moreoptiontion. What should I do. It hearts a lot.
Hypertension during pregnancy can be a problem for both baby and the mother. Thus it is of utmost importance that during pregnancy a good health should be maintained along with controlled blood pressure and cholesterol levels. With an increase in multiple births and women of older age the risk of hypertension during pregnancy has increased. But if proper care is taken it can be avoided.
Types of Pregnancy Hypertension:
There are three prominent forms of hypertension that can be seen during pregnancy. The pregnant ladies should be aware of the same. These are:
- Preeclampsia: This is the most common and serious hypertension during pregnancy. This hypertension can only be controlled by delivering the fetus, which usually involves complications like death of the mother or child. This occurs 20 weeks after pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: This form is only prevalent during pregnancy and is not a problem for the mother or baby after delivery. This usually occurs in the last leg of the pregnancy
- Chronic hypertension: This form forms either prior to the pregnancy or before 20 weeks of the pregnancy.
Management of Pregnancy Hypertension:
Hypertension during pregnancy can be handled by the following:
- In case of severe hypertension, blood pressure medication should be continued during pregnancy.
- If you are on ACE inhibitor type medication, then the medication is changed to one that is even safe for the baby.
- Your doctor might like to monitor you daily and can advise hospitalization for a few days
- If medication is missed, it might lead to uncontrolled life threatening hypertension. Thus the medication should not be missed at any time.
- In case of mild hypertension and absence of other diseases like diabetes and kidney disorders, the doctor might stop the medication or reduce the dose. Also, being off medicine does not cause any problem in mild hypertension.
- Irrespective of the hypertension being mild or severe, the prenatal appointments should not be missed, so that the doctor can monitor you and the baby. So that problems, like rise in blood pressure, poor fetal growth, and signs of preeclampsia can be spotted and steps can be taken for the same.
- In case there is some form of hypertension present the prenatal visits and lab tests will be more.
- Apart from the usual second trimester ultrasound, there will be periodic ultrasounds in the third trimester to monitor the baby's growth and the amniotic fluid.
- Also regular fetal tests and Doppler ultrasounds will be done to track the baby's growth.
- Lifestyle changes should be made. Salt intake should be limited, fresh food instead of processed food should be consumed.
- If blood pressure is high then doctor might ask you to avoid exercise especially if you never did before pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.