Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash Vinayak DesaiYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my girlfriend recently without using condom. How ever I didn't came inside her. What are the chances of her getting pregnant. Even if I assume I came inside her, then how many pills does she need to take to avoid pregnancy and within how many hours?
I had sex, took a contraceptive tablet after that. I got my first period on exact date but was for 3 days only (normal 4-5 days). Now 2nd period is getting delayed last month date was 23rd jan. Very much worried am I pregnant? Please help.
Hi Age: 19, Gender: Female I have an average cycle of 22 days and my last cycle was of 26 day. I had my last period from 8th april to 11th april. According to my last cycle I might have ovulated on 20th april. On 17th my boyfriend fingered me with precum on his finger and he had masturbated an hour ago and not urinated after that. From 24th april I am feeling menstruation like cramps and also backache but backache started yesterday. Are these cramps a sign of early pregnancy or of coming periods? Is there any chance of getting pregnant this way? Please answer these two questions and please help.
Hie doctor. Actually my period date is 5th January. I had unprotected sex on 3nd January. I taken I-pill with in 5 hrs after having sex. After taking I-pill I had sex with using condom. Is there any chance to get pregnancy. I taken I-pill on January 3nd now it is 11th January still idnt get my periods. Please help me out from this please doctor.
After intercourse, whenever the liquid which comes out of my partner touches my skin, it causes heavy itching. May I know what is the problem?
I know I'm pregnant by home pregnancy kit now what to do next? My doctor is temporary unavailable for one week. I want to know asap everything is OK or not inside me because I had miscarriage on my first pregnancy. Should I do ultrasound?
I was having loss of periods for 2 months then Dr. asked to take NORETHINDRONE ACETATE for 3 days then I had my periods on 3rd of completing dose. Then Dr. asked me to start medroxyprogesterone from 10th days of cycle n continue till 25th day. Its been 21 days after completing dose but yet I did not get periods. Y. Please help me out of it.
After taking m. E.N.S.O.O.N tablet for delayed periods delayed by 19 days. After taking tablets how many days I should wait to get periods. please reply. 19 age.
I had umprotected sex on 27 th day of my cycle. Had ipill within 24hrs. My cycle is generally 28 days. But no periods. Its 30th day now.
Health problems caused by not drinking enough water
Our body is made up of almost 70% water and while we can live without food for a few days at least, it is important to replenish your water needs every day. If you miss drinking enough water even for a day, you will notice a change. And the ill effects of not drinking enough water can be severe and should not be taken lightly.
You might have to face these 5 health problems if you are not drinking enough water:
- Constipation: If your body is not getting enough water, it will not be able to digest well because our bodies need right amount of liquid to process the foods we eat. When the stomach is constipated, digestive juices are secreted in lesser quantity, thus leading to other digestive disorders.
- Weight gain: Many a times, we eat or feel hungry just a while after eating. This is not really hunger and actually means that the body needs water. A dehydrated body often sends misleading signals which is misinterpreted as hunger and we end up gaining unnecessary weight.
- Cholesterol and changes in blood pressure: When we don't drink enough water, the water reserve in the body gets used up resulting in there not being enough for the capillaries, veins and arteries. This results in blood pressure going high and/or low. Similarly, the cells of the body get dehydrated and in an attempt to stop this, the body starts producing cholesterol more than what's required.
- Dryness of the skin and other problems: Apart from through urine, our body also loses water in the form of sweat. This needs to be replenished or the skin starts becoming dry, lips are chapped and we even experience an increase in hair fall. Not drinking enough water also leads to premature aging and graying.
- Infections: It is important to urinate frequently because through urine, our body releases toxins which are not needed for the body. If you don't drink enough water, you won't urinate enough and might end up with problems like UTI and cystitis.