Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AvinashYour feedback matters!
My daughter (infant) 18 months baby having a fever from past 5 days, after consulting doctor we are giving her iron supplement just two days back. But still fever is not reduced, every 4 hours we are giving medicine as per doctor strict ion, please suggest to reduce my daughter fever.
Just started on solids like banana mash, pumpkin mash, cerelac, rice puree etc my baby is doing green potty 3-4 times a day. She frequently puts things in her mouth. Please suggest what to do. Is there a need of gripe water, mugli ghutti etc? Do we need to give heeng to kids regularly?
Hi Doctor, My 2 years old son followed a sysfol active tablet. He is fine and shows no sign of poisoning is there anything to be worried about?
Sir meri mummy ko bahut dry cough hota hai aur 10 Saal se ho rhi hai lagataar kyi ghnte aaati hai khaansi bahut presaan hai sir hum log please kuch upaay bataye.
Hi doctor. My daughter age is 3.4 years old. Doctor telling mucopolysaccharides type 3B telling. But is telling no treatment. But is normal stage and mild MPS. But is hyperactive and not speaking. Wt I can do no one guiding me. I fully confused help me. I have only one child.
My son is born with microtia one ear had not completely developed outside his age is 2.5 years now can you guide me whom should I meet and what the best age to start treatment he can hear clearly.
My 5 years daughter is suffering from scabies as diagnosed by dermatologist, tried with gamma benzene hexachloride & centromere lotions as directed by doctors even after 15 days the symptoms have worsen kindly help.
After delivering a baby on November 12,2015 my wife is suffering from cardiomyopathy as it was diagnosed by Dr. in the month of January, her initial EVF is 28% after taking medicine her EVF improved to40% but this time observed in reports her EVF is 38%.just wanted to understand why it Flickr. One more thing her weight also reduces to 46 kg from 52 kg ,bp is 110/60 and from 2- 3 days she is sneezing. Need to understand this behavior from subject experts, waiting for response.
Hello doctor, My child 11 month girl baby. Not be increase weight height only increased. Please give me food method for my child.
As babies develop in the mother's womb, there can be many factors, which could hamper normal growth in the embryo. These can result in deformities within the physiology of the baby. One area is bone tissue growth, which in early stages is still cartilage, and can manifest within the baby as deformed feet.
The incidence of deformed feet in infants, although not very common, is still prevalent enough to warrant certain fields of study as to why they happen and their remedies.
Reasons for foot deformities in infants
Some of the reasons for foot deformities within infants are mentioned below:
1. Genetic or hereditary problems - Some problems are passed from one generation to the other, although it may not manifest in the older generations.
2. Infections to the mother during pregnancy - If the mother contracted a disease during pregnancy or had an infection, it can have adverse effects on the developments of the baby and cause deformities.
3. Side effects of medications - If the mother was under medication, side effects of certain medications can cause hormonal imbalances resulting in deformities.
4. Hormonal imbalances - Certain hormonal imbalances present in the mother's body due to overlooked problems may cause issues with the baby's development and result in foot or other physical deformities.
Correction of Foot Deformities
Most corrective measures for foot deformities entail surgery as severe problems can be only corrected through that. These measures may also include other methods such as physiotherapy, massages, and training.
Let's look at some of the techniques, which are used to correct deformities, either in combinations or as standalone techniques.
- Corrective surgery - This is the most common and usually the most recommended course of action as anything above mild deformities will have to be corrected through surgeries. Most surgeries entail lengthy recuperating periods and follow ups.
- Corrective footwear - Milder foot deformities can be corrected with special footwear or setting devices such as special braces and supports to correct the problems.
- Physiotherapy - Certain forms of physiotherapy are effective in correcting mild forms of deformities. However, this tool is usually deployed in conjunction with surgeries to speed up the healing process
- Exercises - Certain deformities can only be changed with the help of exercise over a long period of time and cannot be fixed quickly even via surgery and thus, will need special care for long periods of time.
Related Tip: Early Childhood Trauma - Reasons and Diagnosis