Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash PawarYour feedback matters!
Physical pain can often be overwhelming especially for children. Ear ache can cause terrible discomfort to children and can give sleepless nights to both children and parents. It is important for new mom and dads to know the basic causes and remedies of an ear ache. That way the little kids can get relief faster. We will help you know more about ear pain in children. Infants and toddlers suffer more, as they can’t express their discomfort. It is crucial to watch out for symptoms like high fever, pulling or tugging ear, white or yellowish discharge coming out of the ear, restlessness, loss of sleep and appetite.
- The most common cause for ear pain is Acute Otitis Media (AOM) or middle ear infection. Small children are especially vulnerable to this infection. The infection causes fever and pain in children. Infection occurs when the fluid produced, can’t be drained by the Eustachian tube. It happens mostly after a bout of cold in kids. Because of it, the Eustachian tube gets swollen making it difficult for the fluid to flow out.
- Tonsillitis or an infection of the tonsils can also lead to an ear ache.
- Too much ear wax can also cause pain in the ear.
- In the case of a mild case of infection, certain home remedies can give immediate relief. So before running to the emergency, try a few of these.
- A hot or cold compress can give some relief. Get a heating pad or ice bag/ pack for this treatment. Children and even adults benefit from this remedy. However, it is not advisable to use heating pads on babies.
- If the child is old enough to sleep with a pillow keep his/her head elevated.
- If the pain is too much to bear, over the counter analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be given provided the stipulated dose for children and infants are maintained.
- If the pain is light, simple distraction method works great among children. They can be engaged with either a storybook, a new toy or some game. Letting them munch on their favourite snack can also help.
- Some home remedies recommend putting a few drops of olive oil inside the ear. Though this method does not have any scientific base, it might give relief, however, it is necessary to check with your child’s doctor before applying this.
- The most common way to treat this infection is, however, by giving them antibiotics. If the pain persists, visit your child’s doctor, let them examine his/her ears and then if he feels he will prescribe antibiotics.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure:
Says all seasoned parents. Hence know when to be careful to avoid further ear infections. Some point to ponder.
- Since ear infections typically start with a common cold, get your child a flu vaccine every year. This will prevent him from catching cold often.
- If your child is going to the daycare or school, make sure they do not encourage the sick child to come to school.
- Do not let your infant lie down with a bottle before sleeping.
My mother is surrounded by the disease of clotting in brain, now she feels heavy ness in head what should we do?
I have some fever in the evening almost everyday. But cannot understand the reason. Please let me know what ì have to do now.
Feel dizziness and gets tired often. And got some back pain too. So what can you suggest for the relief.
I am 23 years old I got pain in my left testicle 2 days back while I was sleeping in the night. I also got some pain in my lower abdomen it relieved when I use pain killer tablet. What happened to me that night.
I'm 32 years old women. I have 4 1/2 year old daughter. 97 kg. Height 5 6. Nov 2014 I got operated on both my ovaries for cysts 8 cm right loculated cyst and around 6 cm cyst in left ovary. Now again when I got scanned as I was getting some pain in my abdomen it showed that I have 5 cm cyst in my right ovary. I'm very much scared and planning for my second child. I don't know what to do. I don't want to get operated again but I want my cyst to reduce without creating any problem. Please help me.
I am 31 years old male. I am healthy person. Does watching porn movie affect on sex performance. Please guide.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hi Dr, just mins back my wife woke me telling she is unable to pass urine feeling pain at pelvis, where as stomach is heavy.
Sir I have a problem in my throat (right side) while swallowing it seems that somebody pinches me in my throat. Should I consult a Dr. Plzz tell me any antibiotic for my problem.
Respected doctors, I suffered on knee joint pain during waking use stair even wrest paid also and after that I am suffering on cerebral on last february 15 medicine continuing but I feel my both legs are very weight full and waking very slow than before. Let me know how to over come this type of disease.
Hello doctor. I am 23 year old boy. I had gym 3 year ago without much protection and guide. That cause me tension in nerves of my both testicles side and irritation and down erection. Then I consult doctor he found cyst in right epididymic and removed it by surgery. But I am not ok till now. But I m also having burning in penis and anus and I got all urology test like cystoscopy and sigmoidoscopy etc bt all test is ok. Still I am feeling burning in penis and anus and a bit pain in back. Whats the problem. Is there any spine problem or nerve pressing problem. Tell me to whom I should consult.?
Hi, I am 34 years male. I am having sexual issues - less interest in activity, less hard erections since last few months. Last year I had thyroiditis after which I had really high anxiety which is gradually settling down. Please suggest a remedy to be calm and become sexually fine.
I am a diabetic and. Hypertensive. But suddenly I find my BP as low as 95/70 for last one week please advise.
Hi I am 33 years old. Last month while sonography I came to know having PCOD problem. I have one 6.5 years old daughter. Now I am thinking to take another chance or want to conceive. I heard in PCOD it's impossible to conceive so pls suggest me any treatment of it.
My aunt is suffering from bronchitis asthma what should she do what are the medicines should be taken by her in Ayurveda.
My aunt had her uterus removal since 10 months. After the removal now she has incision hernia and doctors advice surgery and said they will repair it using some kind of gauge. They said there are different kinds of gauges available we want to know that what type of gauge will be suitable and how much expenses required tentative. Pls help.
Rod-shaped bacteria like Campylobacter and Salmonellae cause illness and death the world over. Undercooked beef, pork or chicken containing Campylobacter is a common cause of diarrhea worldwide.
Typhus is the most dangerous form of salmonellae, triggering high fever, weak heartbeat and constipation. Every year, about 32 million people are sickened from typhus - mainly by drinking impure water.