Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avinash Lokhande
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash LokhandeYour feedback matters!
I am 29th year old female and I had swelling on lips and upper lips and redness also I used to eat slate pencil earlier please help and give solution.
They'll benefit for you too and here's why
There is still a misconception that only women use cosmetics. Here's news that won't break your heart or bank balance. Smart, successful and famous men use cosmetics too. They know that it enhances them physically, aesthetically and emotionally. It will be good for you too.
Debunking the myth
Before committing yourself to using essential cosmetic products designed and manufactured specifically with men in mind, you need to rid yourself of the notion that it is unmanly to use cosmetics. Since its earliest introduction, confident men have used cosmetics unashamedly with full knowledge of its inherent value to them.
Why masculine men should be using cosmetics
Active men sweat a lot, burning more calories than the average desk worker or couch potato. And have you ever wondered why famous sportsmen are so handsome? Now you know. The use of cosmetics stretches well beyond just making a man look good. It benefits his skin and improves the skin's ability to discard excess waste tissue.
Health and beauty benefits
Well-known actors use cosmetics not as a form of vanity but as an essential tool of trade. Often overlooked are the health benefits. Rugged men of the past have been guilty of not taking care of their skin, sometimes with unforeseen and even deadly consequences!
Many products are geared towards enhancing the longevity of men's skin. Some products are recommended by registered dermatologists who specialize in healing damaged skin cells that require rejuvenation. Short of dermatological advice, guys can read the product labels of their new cosmetics packs or consult with in-store beauticians or pharmacists on how to use the products correctly.
• Oily skin - It is not uncommon for grown men to have severe cases of acne. Many men, however, still have extremely oily skin usually caused by increased physical activity and daily stress. But, for those who do have acne, it is recommended that they use cosmetics which contain a solution of benzoyl peroxide.
• Spots - Soft, skin-friendly cleansers which don't burn and are ideal as after-shave balms, contribute healthily towards reducing or eliminating horrible looking blemishes which are caused for a number of reasons related to improper skin care.
• Sun scares - One essential addition to the cosmetics pack should always be a form of good protection against the sun's UV rays. For this, a good sunscreen with an SPF 20 rating (or higher) is recommended.
So guys, what are the most welcome benefits for you? Remember those health benefits. Keeping your skin healthy will also contribute towards a younger-looking you. Looking your best will lead to more opportunities with the ladies. More importantly for some, your personal appearance - clothing and clean-looking skin tones - will rub off well in the boardroom.
Three good choices
Men new to cosmetics can take heart that not much is needed to refresh them in a healthy, glowing way. The bare essentials are all that are needed. As basic, entry level products, men should look out for cleansing products, lotions and gels which contain a combination of healthy, natural ingredients which take care of a number of typically masculine toiletry needs.
• Cleansers - Look out for cleaning products that contain natural ingredients such as cucumber and green tea. An effective gentle moisturizer will contain glycolic acid which originates from sugar cane. For those with oily skin, soap-free solutions that contain salicylic acid are recommended.
• Sun factor lotions - The recommended lotions will greatly reduce the risks of skin cancer while exfoliating the skin. Two key ingredients to look out for in your anti-UV pack are the minerals titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. They act as militant blockers which can absorb the sun's rays.
• Gel - By now, most men know that gel is much better than conventional shaving creams. Look out for gels which contain natural ingredients such as lemon and orange extracts. It works nicely as a cure for razor burn.
Eco-choices for the man of the future
Apart from looking after himself, today's modern man cares more about the environment. Now that he has his own, small range of cleansing cosmetics to work with, he has discarded hundreds of harmful chemicals traditionally found in soaps, deodorants, shampoos and after-shave lotions. He also knows that by contributing towards the sustainability of his local environment, he is recreating a healthier, newer man.
Proving your manhood no longer means denying yourself cosmetics and it takes a real man to acknowledge the importance of looking after himself. Today's 21st century man embraces the use of cosmetics and fully appreciates the many benefits of their daily use.
I have an abnormal growth in anus. It is not bleeding but sometimes it is very pailful. I apply diltiazem gel bt it not work properly in all times. It may be piles. How can I recover from it? How much surgery cost?
Hi Doctor, I have white spots at the back of throat. I was diagnosed with Chlamydia two months ago and was prescribed with doxycycline, I completed the 7 days course and again I followed the process after 1 week since I was feeling burning sensation under scrotum. I do not have any other symptoms of Chlamydia, but this throat condition is bothering me. I've been taking zifi 200 mg from last 4 days. The throat doesn't pain. Please suggest me if I should do other STD tests and how to cure this.
Hello Doctor I am 38 years old and suffering from hyperpigmentation since 8-9 years now taking taraxacum q 30 drops twice advice by a doc from months but not getting any result what should I do please help these dark brown patches are on my back and it looks very ugly, of course it's not health related but beauty related.
When ever I eat fast food my mouth got ulcers from last 5 year and heal only if I take dexa and I get easily caught skin diseases what should I do.
On my face there is too much black heads from 2-3 years. Sir what should I do for that to remove them permanently.
For back pain I was prescribed Painkillers 10 days back. After that I a, m getting semisolid stools, nearly 3 times a day. The stolls are not loose, only semi solid. Now I am having severe itchiness in the area around the anus. I am fat and my hands I cannot reach there to scratch too. What could be the line of treatment in this issue. I want immediate relief as the itchiness keeps me very disturbed constantly.
Reconstructive surgeries are means to usually correct a deformity within the body, which is either congenital (since birth and formed in the womb) or acquired. Reconstructive surgeries are used to correct problems caused by accidents and injuries as well as correcting deformities. It is a large umbrella term and includes plastic surgery to correct certain defects. However, it may or may not include elements of cosmetic surgery. Reconstructive surgery primarily aims to restore utilitarian functions but doesn’t always necessarily have a cosmetic angle.
Where is reconstructive surgery applicable?
- Surgeries to correct the functionality as well the appearance of feet and hands: These may include webbed fingers and toes, removal of an extra finger or toe, or corrective surgeries on your hand from other disorder such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Correcting functionality and the look of an area after tumor removal: Cancerous tumors may require the removal of larger sections of tissue surrounding the tumor. This will result in an unsightly appearance or even balancing issues in the body. Reconstructive surgery aims to correct this and can be done on any part of the body.
- Breast reduction or reconstruction: Women who undergo mastectomy and have breasts removed, either partially or fully, undergo surgery to reconstruct breasts. Some women who tend to have large breasts and thus suffer from back and neck pain, undergo this surgery to reduce the breast size and thus, improve the quality of life.
- Burn victims: Burn victims often require the most amount of reconstructive surgery, which also becomes a necessity to avoid further infection from wound exposure. This is possibly one of the areas where reconstructive surgery is used most widely.
- Accident victims: Areas of the body severely affected by accidents can be corrected with reconstructive surgery. Grafting and replacement are also used in such cases to reconstruct damaged areas.
- Correcting congenital defects: Some congenital defects, such as a child born with a cleft lip, are prime candidates for reconstructive surgery. These have functionality issues as well as cosmetic reasons entwined together. Examples of other disorders corrected by reconstructive surgeries are cleft palette and a deviation in the nasal septum which may cause breathing problems.
Who performs reconstructive surgery?
Plastic as well as cosmetic surgeons may be required to perform reconstructive surgery, depending on the requirement. However, in most cases, it is the plastic surgeon who performs the corrective surgery to return function and utility to the affected area of the body.
Unlike cosmetic procedures, it is your doctor who determines what is viable and possible and what would be the proper requirement in case you require reconstructive surgery. Unlike cosmetic surgery wherein you get to chose how you look in order to get the right aesthetic, reconstructive surgery deals with a more utilitarian and corrective approach.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!