Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash G KamatYour feedback matters!
My son is 5 months old has had runny/watery green poop for 4 weeks now. No other signs of illness, she is gaining weight and I have taken her to the GP a week ago who said not to worry. He is purely bf and went from having 2 bm's a day to about 10. When he poops its like a green watery explosion and soaks into the nappy. She has also had mucous poops. The watery poop did seem to get worse after that.
My daughter is 10 months old she scratched her face by her nail when she was 1 month old now she is 10 month old her face wound is not healed a layer of skin is on top of the wound any treatment any suggestion I don't want and surgery.
My 2 years old female baby got cough, cold & fever from last 3 days. Consulted a doctor 2 days ago. He had given pacimol, protussa cough syrup, moxikind cv, neopeptine. But the fever & cough still not going. Fever getting normal sometimes but again coming within hours.
My daughter 51/2 years old she is suffering from itching nose watering in eyes since 1/2 years now the blood is coming from nose some time when she squeeze loudly she suffer when she sleep and woke up start fatigue in face watering in eyes etc ee show to Dr. and ent also relief wen continue medicine then again it start finally we test blood Iunoglobilin e (ige) result is 127.5 is this normal which treatment is for my Dr. should I show to children specialist or Ent pls help now from 15 day she is not passing motion daily Once in 3 or4 day please help.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.