Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hello Sir, My son is of 2.7 years old and 13 kg in weight. He is frequently affected with sudden dry cough which is followed by high fever, light wheezing. He will be hospitalized and doctors gave antibiotics through IV. Doctors prescribed oral medicines and budecort respules in nebulization. I am very tensed as he get that once in 10 days what to do? What treatment should be taken and What type of medicines to be used in nebulizer What type of food should be given to increase immunity?
My grand son age 3 and-a-half is healthy and hyper active. But he lately has very high eosinophilia count of 1600. Kindly advise the treatment and explain this situation.
Hello gynecologist mam, I just want to know for new born baby when we can identified like whom. She looks like exactly? Now she s looks like my husband 20 days completes. For her.
Good morning. My daughter is 6 years old and in first standard, she has problem of frequently urine (20 to 25) per day. What should we do?
My son is 3 years old. His hb is 7. 7. Last 6 months ago there was d same problem. and most important thing is that whatever we eat means green veg. and pulses. We give him. We don' t take fast food. What should I do
Hi, my daughter is 4. 5yrs and she is suffering from adenoids and due to that she snores and vomits thick sputum. She does not takes much fluids. Can you please suggest some medicine or treatment?
Sir my daughter 6 years old is suffering from very high fever 103 - 104 F from night 10 pm. Now it is 3 pm but fever is still not down. We have consulted child specialist. Please tell.
My son is 9 years old who is always tearing something with his fingers. Tearing the papers. Let me know the reason. Please let me know the normal height and weight for a boy of 9 years old.
My sister in law hair fall happens very frequently. She gave birth to a baby 3 months back. Pls suggest how she should stop her hair fall. Thank you in advance.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.