Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash B BhattYour feedback matters!
Since my last period today is day 30 is that confirms my pregnancy or shall I wait for some time to consult a doctor?
Dates are known to boost the immune system they are loaded with nutrients so eat them as a snack and also for instant energy.
Dear sir. Doing oral sex is harmful. Sucking clitoris or vagina is harmful during oral sex. Is oral sex give std or other problems. How we do safe oral sex.
Because it delays the natural wound healing process.
Whenever there is minor wound or a abrasion than first stop the oozing of the blood and than clean it with a clear water remembering that water should not stagnate.
Precocious puberty is a medical condition in which the process of a child turning into an adult i.e. puberty is initiated at an earlier stage than what is considered as normal. Certain characteristics like rapid growth of bones and muscles change the body structure, its ability to reproduce and manifest during puberty. If puberty is initiated before the age of 8 in girls and 9 in in case of boys, then it is a case of precocious puberty.
Studies to determine the actual cause as to why precocious puberty occurs have been inconclusive. In some cases, due medical conditions, such as hormonal disorders, brain abnormalities, brain tumor, and infections might cause precocious puberty. Generally medication is prescribed in such conditions to delay the process of puberty until later.
In case of girls, if you notice the below mentioned symptoms in a child who is about 8 years of age then it is a sign of precocious puberty:
- Breast Growth
- Menarche (First Period)
In case of boys if you notice the below mentioned symptoms in a child who is about 9 years of age then it is a sign of precocious puberty:
- Enlarged testicles and penis
- Facial hair
- Deepening voice
Also, there are few characteristics or traits which are common to both girls and boys and indicate precocious puberty if it occurs at an early age:
- Underarm hair or pubic hair
- Rapid growth
- Adult body odor
Precocious puberty might induce a few complications. A few have been stated below:
Short height: Children who are suffering from precocious puberty in many cases grow taller at a quicker rate at first. This generally causes such children to be of below average height when they enter adulthood. By early diagnosis and treatment of precocious puberty, such a situation could be avoided and the child in question would be taller than he/she would if they did not undergo treatment.
Social and emotional problems: Children who undergo puberty before their peers can end up being self-conscious about their body, which may result in low self-esteem or in extreme cases substance abuse.
Treatment of patients suffering from precocious puberty can be administered through medications like GnRH antagonist treatment. This is a monthly injection, which delays further development and has to be continued up to the point till normal puberty period sets in. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
I've got my last period on 15th June. I had a home pregnancy test and it shows positive. Later I went to my doctor she gave me some medicines and told me there will a internal check up. After 15 days. Internal check up is safe? N day by day m not feeling well. Due to vomiting. Can you please tell me what home remedy I can do to avoid vomiting.
Can I have any tests done to determine how many years from now I can wait safely before planning for kids.
Milk tea vs black tea vs green tea: which is better for your health?
Let's start with an interesting fact: all types of tea, be it green or black, comes from the same plant, camellia sinensis. The difference only lies in processing and oxidation. So how can one be better than the other you ask? let's find out.
1. Fluoride content
When it comes to fluoride content both green and black teas score high, while milk tea sadly loses out. Green and black teas are good for your teeth and bones, although black tea has higher fluoride content (0.2-0.5mg as compared to 0.3-0.4mg in green tea). Its best to have your black tea with tap water as it increases the fluoride content up to 0.9mg.
2. Antioxidant content
Yet again green tea and black both have high antioxidant content that helps in preventing cancer, but green is the clear winner over. Milk tea loses again as the milk in it effects the absorption of these antioxidants by your body. Green tea is enriched with a particular type of catechin (flavonoid) called egcg, which regulates gene activity in cancer cells, and may even prevent cancer growth.
3. Caffeine content
Both black and green teas have different amounts of caffeine in them. Green tea has lesser caffeine content than black tea- 9-41mg/cup in comparison to 14-61mg/cup. So if you want to have an energetic morning then black tea is the one for you, but if you want to relax your blood vessels and just enjoy a soothing drink, choose green tea. Milk tea unfortunately does not have a calming or an energising effect.
Benefits for your heart:
Black tea is probably the healthier option if you want to derive cardiovascular benefits from your daily cuppa. While green tea has abundant egcg which creates a lining along your blood vessels to reduce stress, black tea offers more benefits. Black tea can improve the function of your blood vessels if you suffer from coronary artery disease. Apart from that, both can lower the levels of harmful cholesterol. There's no evidence that supports that milk tea can be beneficial for your heart.
So in the end it's your call to choose black or green tea, whichever works best for you. Try avoiding milk tea as the milk steals away the essential health benefits of tea. Just remember to have no more than 10 cups of green tea a day, and no more than 4 cups of black.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please go ahead.
She is using tablets everyday to get regular menstrual cycle. How can the problem be solved without using tablets daily?
When it comes to accidents and other such traumatic incidents, a concise approach is needed to assess and manage the person’s injuries. The immediate response to an accident is known as basic life support and can be performed by anyone, but advanced trauma life support must be performed by a certified medical practitioner. The main objective of trauma life support is to address the greatest threat to life first.
Trauma life support has three stages primary survey, secondary survey and tertiary survey. A primary survey is the first part of proving trauma life support. This should be addressed in a series of steps that follows the mnemonic, ABCDE.
- Assess the airways: If the person is able to talk, his airways are clear. Hence call out to the person and try to get a verbal response. If the patient is unconscious, make him lie down on the floor with the chin tilted back. Open the mouth and check for any obstructions. Fluids such as blood or vomit that is obstructing the airways may be suctioned out. In case the airway is still obstructed, an endotracheal tube may be inserted.
- Breathing and ventilation: Check for chest movement that may indicate breathing. If present, tracheal deviation and subcutaneous emphysema should be identified. An inspection of the chest can help identify penetrating injuries, bruising, tracheal deviations and a flail chest segment.
- Circulation: Look out for hypovolemic shock that may be caused by excessive bleeding. This bleeding can be controlled by applying direct pressure on the wound. Establish two intravenous lines and administer crystalloid solution to the patient. If the person still does not respond, administer type specific blood or O negative blood to the person.
- Disability assessment: A basic neurological assessment can be made by alerting the person, verbal stimuli and its response or unresponsiveness. Towards the end of the primary survey, the Glasgow coma scale can be used to determine the patient’s level of consciousness.
- Exposure control: While the patient’s clothes will need to be completely removed, protect him from hypothermia by covering him with warm blankets. Warm intravenous fluids before administering them and maintain a warm environment.
Once the patient’s vital signs are turning normal, the medical practitioner can start the secondary survey. This involves a head to toe medical examination and understanding of family medical history. X-rays of the injury sites may also be taken. If at any point, the person’s condition begins to deteriorate, a primary survey should be repeated. As soon as possible, the patient must be shifted off the hard spine board and placed on a firm mattress. This is followed by a tertiary survey, which helps identify injuries that may have been missed earlier and other related problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Fish is one of the great things for your heart and as the saying goes what is good for your heart is good for sex. We should add fish to our meals and have some sort of fish at least once a week. Salmon, mackerel, tuna and sardines are rich in omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. These are great to help elevate the dopamine levels in the brain which help trigger arousal. Studies further show that high levels of Omega-3 help a person be happier and more at ease, which in turn helps them with arousal and sex.
Apart from these benefits omega 3 lowers the symptoms of depression which is a major source of sexual health problems. It also helps with better brain function, heart arrhythmias, blood clots, better brain function, and protection against dementia.
Fish is also high in L-argine, and as we wrote on the site before in fruits for sexual health, argine stimulates the release of growth hormone and is turned into nitric oxide in the body. Which in turn is crucial when it comes to erections for men, it also helps women with their sexual function.
Hello I am 28 years old female. I drink black coffee regularly and earlier I used to drink 2-3 cups now I have reduced my coffee intake to 1 and I had low blood pressure last time 100/80. So please tell me the positive and negative effects of coffee and moreover how to manage low blood pressure.
Unwanted hair is a major issue for many young people. Shaving or waxing the hair is tedious process, and can also be painful at times. Due to its many benefits, laser hair removal has become very popular amongst youngsters. In many cases, after three to eight sessions, permanent hair loss is observed. Recent years have seen an increase in the number of laser hair removal procedures performed.
What is the theory behind laser hair removal?
Laser technology is based on highly concentrated rays. These rays are concentrated on a specific part of your skin from where you wish to remove the hair. The highly concentrated light is directed to particular hair follicles in order to remove them. Although, permanent results or results that last a lifetime are never guaranteed, cases have been observed wherein after a few sessions, complete hair loss is observed.
Many types of laser removal procedures are available, among these, Neodymium YAG, diode, alexandrite, and intense pulsed light sources are well known.
Why should you choose laser hair removal?
Unwanted hair on your face, underarms, legs, arms or any other area can be easily removed using this procedure. Laser hair removal procedures offer you with a healthy and smooth skin free of unwanted hair. The laser used for hair removal target dark and bristly hairs without damaging the surrounding areas. Known for its speed, laser hair procedure has the ability to treat small areas in approximately one minute and less. These small areas include the upper lip region.
How long does it take?
Laser removal method is performed by skilled doctors. The doctors need to decide how many days and sittings will it take to get the procedure done depending upon the growth of hair in that specific area and also how much area of your skin is to be covered. Once the procedure is done, one may need to get it done in few years again depending upon the regrowth of hair on his/her body.
Difficulties of laser hair removal procedure:
- Laser hair procedures can at times cause hyper pigmentation of skin or darkening of skin. It can also cause hypo pigmentation, which causes lightening of skin colour at certain regions.
- Some people experience itchiness after the procedure has been completed.
- A major disadvantage of this treatment is that it can be quite expensive and unaffordable for the common people.
- It may leave scars or skin infections if not done by skilled or accomplished doctors.
Laser hair treatment is effective and comparatively more efficient on people who have light skin and dark hair. Generally, laser hair surgeries are done to remove unwanted hair on back, face, chest, neck, bikini area, shoulders, upper lip, chin etc. For successful results, one should get this procedure performed from a skilled doctor. If not done properly, it will leave marks/scars and damage your body.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.