Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Austin.B.FernandesYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors, I have completed my graduation. And now I have got admitted to further studies, but since a month, am feeling very low, lonely, and have lost interest in life. And have lost interest in studying also. How to get interest on studies as well as life. Plzz help me in getting concentration on studies and on life. Plzz help me
I am 23 years old. I had stammering problem since the age of 7. I had attended speech therapy clas. But it is not during. please suggest me he the stammering will cure.
Hi doc I am in long distance relationship for 1 year & I had gf , she loves me no doubt but what I find after 5-6 month she had a habit of flirting back to other guys. I told her about this many times , she promised me not to repeat again but things get repeated (she told me also that she feel good when some strangers give importance ) Now due to this I don't concentrate on my job also with soo many ideas on my mind. (Sometime I used to think It was better to live life as a single ) This incident make me less attracted towards her & some time I feel I should have hookups outside this relationship. & I am scared due to this frustration I might cheat on her which I don't wanted to do. Looking forward for some tremendous help from you people.
I am 40 years old woman I am negative and dreamer , my confidence level is low .how can I improve myself and increase efficiency?
Uncontrolled anger, took Daxid 50 for depression now stopped due to liver problem, Taking Ledipasvir and Sofosbuvir for liver cure, Gemer 1 to cure sugar. Extreme thoughts appears in mind to end the life, violent behaviour abusing, breaking valuable things etc. Lost a lot in life. Can be controlled?
Mobile addiction, uses mobile during study time, will be appearing Class XII board exams in March 17, father still believe that if I study can do miracle like class X board exam in 2013. Gets unmindful, disoriented,less concentration when studies.
I can't concentrate my study. My exam is coming soon. I am stressful. How can I concentrate? Please give me advice quickly.
He is having a bad alcohol habit and he is not eating food. how he will discontinue alcohol ? please give me some tips
I want to reduce tension and I want to be always happy sometimes fear inside my heart and while in sleeping, I want to also reduce fat, I am obesity, I want to have a perfect relationship with my wife.
I am a 15 years student studying who habe just gave the boards exam I used to study a lot so I never exercised and I have gained my weight. I just want to lose weight as fast as possible can you help me?
Hi iam rohit am too addicted to cigarette. I smoke 10-12 cigarettes daily and many more something I take cold drink with it. Did it make any sexual impact on me please help me sir.
Can tensions and thinking and depression and money problems may lead to lose weight and immunity of our body. 2 years back im so healthy but once I had typhoid fever after that lots of problems occur to my body hair lose, body become so thin, and I have lack of Sleep problem over thinking .present im facing allergies cold and tried of my body. Nd now it looks like sinus also. I use many antibiotic and also homeopathy also no proper result .and I had many blood tests also like hiv, hcv, hbv tridot test results are non reactive (negative) I dnt know what is the reason for this. Please help me.
Every packet of cigarette comes with the warning 'Smoking is injurious to health'. With every national budget plan, the prices of nicotine based additives are hiked. Yet, you cannot quit smoking because you find it extremely difficult to resist the nicotine urge. Ayurveda says that the root cause of addiction is mental stress due to one of the 3 Doshas that are Vata, Pitta, Kapha. People try to terminate them through temporary, addictive methods rather than a bit more natural, holistic methods. Here's how it can be easier for you to quit smoking by adopting Ayurvedic remedies.
- Drink adequate amount of water, especially from a copper vessel. This helps to accumulate the wastes and release them.
- Perform the Neti Kriya (inhaling saline water through one nostril and releasing it through the other and then reversing the procedure).
- Performing the Bhastrika Pranayama twice every day, both in the morning and at night.
- Consume 3 tablets or 1 teaspoon of triphala everyday before going to bed, to eliminate the deposited nicotine tar in your system.
- Consumption of a measured mixture of ashwagandha, bala, shatavari and ginseng every day, or a chyawanprash containing these help in detoxification.
Changes in diet:
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and other addictive drugs, such as coffee, sugar, etc. because they increase the urge to smoke.
- Decrease intake of fatty foods because your metabolism rate is lower than at most other times, so you might risk gaining weight during this period.
- Try a vegetarian diet because it increases the Sattvik quality of your mind. Every fresh food item contains prana or life which rejuvenates both your body and mind.
- Chew anti-nicotine gums or suck on cinnamon sticks which curb your urge to smoke.
- Keep eating low-calorie food items like carrots, apples or celery.
- Incorporating regular exercise in your routine may help you to quit smoking more easily. It controls weight gain, which is a side-effect of quitting, and also offers you a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- Meditating and doing yoga regularly helps in relaxing your mind. Yogic postures like Sabasan help attain internal peace and divert your mind from craving to smoke.
Besides these techniques, there are various other ways like taking help from a professional ayurvedic counselor, which will help you quit smoking, socializing with friends or spending quality time with your family, will keep your mind diverted from the stress of quitting.
Related Tip: "Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health"